Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Wow I guess Im acting like others here and not reading all of the documentation before I ask a question huh? lol

Sorry Rod.

I appreciate the reply
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    systemshock...

In order to get the tokens, I do believe you need developer mode enabled!!

If you haven't done that already, then you're probly screwed.

Palm gave us a way to use the keyboard to enable usb mode... I'm sure they could allow the spacebar to toggle the on/off switch in the Enable Developer Mode app. But not today.
    You can get the tokens by doing a recovery boot and initramfs memload. This will work on any device, irrespective of developer mode.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    I'm using o2 simcard (living in Germany) with a recently bought Palm Pixi Plus (Vodafone).
    Testing using 1.4.5 o2 Version ( as there is no 1.4.5 Vodafone in the Wiki )
    Using the below configuration for the Makefile, I've successfully doctored my Pixi. But still with the bug (from what I've googled) that making the first use app icon deleted after first run ( followed by luna restart ).

BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1

After that I've tried to add this to the Makefile.
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1

Redone everything all over. And now successfully created the Palm profile. But during the verification, I've given only USA or Canada as country of choice. So I chose USA.

Now everything is working except I have only free apps in the app catalog.

Anyone have any idea how I can at least access the paid catalog? I even don't know right now the pixi is accessing USA app catalog or Germany app catalog.
    App catalog access is determined by the country of the very first carrier activation of the hardware. Subsequent doctors or activations will never change it. If a device has never been activated on a carrier, it will only see free apps.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    My media partition is damaged, i have about 7 gigs free space on it, but it says i have no room to install apps, take pictures, videos, ect- can meta doctor format the usb partition or do i have to get an old webos doctor, because i've tried, remote wipe, all the reset options on the phone, and its wont delete any files from the partition, nor install anything to it-
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigata1 View Post
    My media partition is damaged, i have about 7 gigs free space on it, but it says i have no room to install apps, take pictures, videos, ect- can meta doctor format the usb partition or do i have to get an old webos doctor, because i've tried, remote wipe, all the reset options on the phone, and its wont delete any files from the partition, nor install anything to it-
    Did you search for hidden file/directories starting with "."?
    Hi I just bought a palm pre plus but didn't check the esn and found out the girl has unpaid bills and I can't activate the phone so I guess im screwed. I can't get my money back on this.I was wondering can I bypass this activation so I can atleast use the wifi and stuff I can't belive I totally forgot to check this out I am really hosed?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/03/2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: language filter
    Hi scott,

Read this thread and see if the MetaDoctor can help you out with the issue

<threads combined>
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Did you search for hidden file/directories starting with "."?
    i cannot access usb mode or media sync-tried to secure full erase but phone just hangs, tried remote erase but it didnt work, tried just usb erase, hangs, tried webos doctor 1.2.1 @ 8% doctor says cannot restore phone, all this began when installing a theme in preware, phone started to hang and then restarted before the process was done, since then, have been doctoring, meta doctoring, all sorts of things, just to have, all my account restored, except, it wont install any of the 103 apps, because it cant put anything on the media- webosQI wouldnt install preware or internals either- pictures wont take, videos ect, says, no room, disk is full, i have 7.4 gigs free space though-
  9.    #449  
    i cannot access usb mode or media sync-tried to secure full erase but phone just hangs, tried remote erase but it didnt work, tried just usb erase, hangs, tried webos doctor 1.2.1 @ 8% doctor says cannot restore phone, all this began when installing a theme in preware, phone started to hang and then restarted before the process was done, since then, have been doctoring, meta doctoring, all sorts of things, just to have, all my account restored, except, it wont install any of the 103 apps, because it cant put anything on the media- webosQI wouldnt install preware or internals either- pictures wont take, videos ect, says, no room, disk is full, i have 7.4 gigs free space though-
    The recovery wiki page has a solution for the 8% problem. You have a corrupted media filesystem.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The recovery wiki page has a solution for the 8% problem. You have a corrupted media filesystem.

-- Rod
    Awesome, im headed there now-

-- Rod
    Well, im new to linux been getting extremely familiar due mainly to this, my beloved phone...good stuff- but ive followed the instructions too the T, and sad to say they worked like hell!!! This is the greatest community on earth- Im going to bed now!
  12.    #452  
    ive followed the instructions too the T, and sad to say they worked like hell!!!
    I assume that means you were successful in recovering your device?

-- Rod
    Had you not reverted to webOS 1.2.1... you could have simply hit Opt+Sym+U to go into USB mode. Maybe I'm not fully understanding why you couldn't access USB mode, tho...

If you have a corrupted partition, then perhaps you have some bad memory?
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Rod, could you explain why the 1.1.3 webos doctor succeeds in 0>10% scenarios where later versions fail?
    I suspect it's because it does not do the AppDeletion step, and the early ones do not try and preserve the USB drive, so they just reformat it unconditionally.

As of 2.0.0, I may be able to remove that step using the MetaDoctor.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 11/05/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    have a frakenpre (sprint pre plus). noticed that evdo quit working after i turned off wifi this past friday. not an outage. uninstalled customer kernel and tried regular 1.4.5 sprint doctor. didn't work. stops at 64% everytime(modem?). tried the meta doctor that i used to make my pre a frakenpre (the one with the tokens and stuff). didn't work. stops at 9% everytime. tried combo of meta doctor and franken meta doctor (just added the step of putting the modified castle.xml in there and packed. didn't work. stops at 9% everytime. makefile looked like this:

# Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    # ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus" or "pre2".
    DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = sprint

of the three ways tried in the paragraph above, they've all been tried a many, many, many times (all throughout the weekend). also tried jason's webos repair utility. it starts ok, but never finishes. it gets to the calendar app and then says "could not open file". hittting the enter key gets rid of the msg, but the same msg pops up on the next file and the next file and the next file.

any suggestions... hopefully? i really don't want to use an early upgrade to get an evo or a regular sprint pre.
    nevermind. disregard the msg above.
    Ok, this is problem is making me crazy.

I broke the touchscreen on my Pre, signed in to my profile on another device (which signed me out on the old device), and then realized there were alot of important files left on the broken Pre. Is there a way to access them? Is meta-doctor the best path to these files or is there a simpler solution? Thanks everyone!
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden1779 View Post
    Ok, this is problem is making me crazy.

I broke the touchscreen on my Pre, signed in to my profile on another device (which signed me out on the old device), and then realized there were alot of important files left on the broken Pre. Is there a way to access them? Is meta-doctor the best path to these files or is there a simpler solution? Thanks everyone!
    You can use the "memboot" and "backup" targets in the MetaDoctor to clone all the filesystems on your device. No screen interaction is required. You only need a working Volume-up and power buttons.

-- Rod
    You can use the "memboot" and "backup" targets in the MetaDoctor to clone all the filesystems on your device. No screen interaction is required. You only need a working Volume-up and power buttons.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, you are a legend. I don't often post, but I follow avidly. You're dedication to the community is amazing...

Who knew a cell phone / OS could bring so many people together.

-Nick
    Been trying to install a 1.4.5 Sprint MD on my Pre by using Cygwin.
    Everything seems to work until the Pre boots up. I chose to bypass activation in the makefile but when it loads up it wants me to sign in thus giving me the same error as before.

I don't have a fast computer, so I can run any virtual OS's. Cygwin is the only way I can do it as far as I know.
    I haven't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been solved before.
    I appreciate any help.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.