Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    I don't know, if this is because meta doctor, but I used meta doctor to activate Wi-Fi before I activated webOS with the First Use app.
    Note: I've a German Palm Pre from O2.
    All is working now, except of the Messaging app. When I added a messaging account (GoogleTalk) and clicked on "Login", it's loading endless with no error message.
    When I click on the status symbol and change it from "Offline" to "Online", after a few seconds it goes back to "Offline".
    I typed in the terminal the following command:
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/messages
    When I try to set the status symbol to "Online", I get the following error messages on the command line:
    Code:
    (...)
    2010-08-08T15:02:02.186126Z [8416] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (08416/214720448) Handling started event
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.169067Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.systemui: Error: SystemUI - Updating WAN Icon - Status - Removed {"state": "enable", "roamGuard": "enable", "networktype": "edge", "dataaccess": "usable", "networkstatus": "attached", "disablewan": "on"}, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.255706Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (com.palm.wan.til-54) for 5000ms => true
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.256042Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (com.palm.wan.til-54)
    2010-08-08T15:02:07.892242Z [8421] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Messaging.init ... data.mmsPrefs === undefined, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-08-08T15:02:08.006896Z [8422] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Messaging.init ... data.carrierSettings === undefined, palmInitFramework347:2527
    Maybe the error comes, because data.carrierSettings is undefined? Why could that be? Is that error message normally? Note that I'm connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your help!

PS: Sorry for my terrible English...
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I don't know, if this is because meta doctor, but I used meta doctor to activate Wi-Fi before I activated webOS with the First Use app.
    Note: I've a German Palm Pre from O2.
    All is working now, except of the Messaging app. When I added a messaging account (GoogleTalk) and clicked on "Login", it's loading endless with no error message.
    When I click on the status symbol and change it from "Offline" to "Online", after a few seconds it goes back to "Offline".
    I typed in the terminal the following command:
    Code:
    tail -f /var/log/messages
    When I try to set the status symbol to "Online", I get the following error messages on the command line:
    Code:
    (...)
    2010-08-08T15:02:02.186126Z [8416] palm-webos-device daemon.info upstart: (08416/214720448) Handling started event
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.169067Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.systemui: Error: SystemUI - Updating WAN Icon - Status - Removed {"state": "enable", "roamGuard": "enable", "networktype": "edge", "dataaccess": "usable", "networkstatus": "attached", "disablewan": "on"}, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.255706Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStart: (com.palm.wan.til-54) for 5000ms => true
    2010-08-08T15:02:03.256042Z [8417] palm-webos-device user.info powerd: {powerd}: POWERD-ACTIVITY: PowerdActivityStop: (com.palm.wan.til-54)
    2010-08-08T15:02:07.892242Z [8421] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Messaging.init ... data.mmsPrefs === undefined, palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-08-08T15:02:08.006896Z [8422] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.app.messaging: Error: Messaging.init ... data.carrierSettings === undefined, palmInitFramework347:2527
    Maybe the error comes, because data.carrierSettings is undefined? Why could that be? Is that error message normally? Note that I'm connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.

Thanks for your help!

PS: Sorry for my terrible English...
    What settings did you use in your Makefile?

-- Rod
    Makefile:
    Code:
    (...)
    # Uncomment the features that you wish to enable below:
    # BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP  = 1
    # ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    # AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
    # ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS  = 1
    # INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    # DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    # DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE  = 1
    # ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    # REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK  = 1
    # REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK    = 1
    # INCREASE_VAR_SPACE    = 1
    # CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE  = z
    # ADD_EXT3FS_PARTITION  = 2GB

# Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi" or "pixiplus".
    DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = wr
    (...)
    Executed with:
    Code:
    make DEVICE=pre all-wr
    I tried it again to login in the messenger, but I couldn't find error messages on the command line anymore.
    quick info.. sprint pre, webos 1.4.1.1.. cant upgrade because i lost data for some reason so me being stupid i ran doctor just because i do before i update to new software updates and i my screen was lagging alot even with gonova. anyway i ran the doctor hoping it will bring the evdo data back and it didnt so now here i am... im on a macbook pro 10.5.8.

in my command line i type in git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    and it is says git: command not found.

ive been up all night trying to do this so i appreciate some help. thanks in advance.
    zero...

You must use DarwinPorts or some other similar package manager to download git. There are probly a few more packages you need to download as well, whenever it says "______ command not found".
    darwinports wasnt acting right so i found an similar package manager. thanks!! everythings working as it should
    Hi, I am trying to extract the tokens from a Sprint pre that has a broken touchscreen. I have followed the instructions on Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide to the T, except that I'm using cygwin as per the instructions on the MetaDoctor Wiki.
    I tried it using both the configuration from the Pre Plus on Sprint guide and the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide, but it makes no difference. After running the modified metadoctor I try to run novaterm, but when I click "connect," it just thinks indefinitely, or thinks for a while and says "failed to connect to novacmd."
    Also, the pre shows the "english or spanish" screen if I boot it up. Isn't this the first run app that's supposed to be bypassed?
    Maybe I have set up novaterm wrong? I installed the SDK, and extracted novaterm into the /bin folder, just as described. I also tried the command "novacom -t open tty://" as instructed on the novaterm part of the wiki. It does the same thing.. sits and thinks and seems to do nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been working on this for hours!
    systemshock...

In order to get the tokens, I do believe you need developer mode enabled!!

If you haven't done that already, then you're probly screwed.

Palm gave us a way to use the keyboard to enable usb mode... I'm sure they could allow the spacebar to toggle the on/off switch in the Enable Developer Mode app. But not today.
    Isn't a modified doctor program supposed to do that? With the ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE key? And this guy says he has done it, I talked to him for a little bit, but he pointed me to this thread. He said that enabling that key and BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP has always worked for him..
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by systemshock869 View Post
    Hi, I am trying to extract the tokens from a Sprint pre that has a broken touchscreen. I have followed the instructions on Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide to the T, except that I'm using cygwin as per the instructions on the MetaDoctor Wiki.
    I tried it using both the configuration from the Pre Plus on Sprint guide and the Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide, but it makes no difference. After running the modified metadoctor I try to run novaterm, but when I click "connect," it just thinks indefinitely, or thinks for a while and says "failed to connect to novacmd."
    Also, the pre shows the "english or spanish" screen if I boot it up. Isn't this the first run app that's supposed to be bypassed?
    Maybe I have set up novaterm wrong? I installed the SDK, and extracted novaterm into the /bin folder, just as described. I also tried the command "novacom -t open tty://" as instructed on the novaterm part of the wiki. It does the same thing.. sits and thinks and seems to do nothing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I have been working on this for hours!
    Post the edits you made to the Makefile, the command line you ran to create the modified doctor, and the filenames and sizes of the original and modified doctors. Double check you ran the correct one to flash your phone.

-- Rod
    Ok so I set up cygwin with the necessary packages, and downloaded the 1.4.5 sprint ROM from the Doctor Versions page - into the downloads folder of course
    Code:
    wget http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    then
    Code:
     mv webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    The file is 215862882 bytes
    By the way, I'm re-doing all these steps as I write this, except for setting up cygwin again. If it works this time I'm gonna croak.

ok I'm using notepad2 to make the changes to the makefile..
    Code:
    ########################################
    ## START OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ########################################

ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE  = 1
    ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK  = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK    = 1

DEVICE = pre

CARRIER = sprint

######################################
    ## END OF AREA FOR END USER CHANGES ##
    ######################################
    then
    Code:
    make unpack
    make patch
    make pack
    The file size is still 215862882 bytes.
    Now i'm going to run the doctor and see what happens. I am going to close out my browser.. I had stuff running the first time I tried a modified doctor, and my computer froze. I load the modified doctor, wait till it says to plug in the phone, then plug in the phone with the volume key held in, and let it do it's thing.
    I'll post when it's finished!
    Thanks
    Ok, the doctor ran with no problems. I didn't try to boot up the phone.. Instead I just unplugged it from the computer and plugged it back in with the volume key pressed.
    Now I have a windows command prompt open in the /bin directory of the SDK installation. Novaterm is extracted in there with it's associated .dll file.
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Utilities\Palm\SDK\bin>novaterm
    C:\Program Files\Utilities\Palm\SDK\bin>
    novaterm opened.. The 'connect' button is colored, and the box next to it says 'localhost.'
    When I click connect, the button and the box go grey, and it says 'Port 2375 NDUID d6e1d2c45...etc...' next to it, also grey.
    It just stays like that. When I ran it the first time, it would just quickly say 'failed to connect to novacom (or novacmd? don't remember)' each time I pressed the connect button. Now it just goes grey and does nothing, like it's still trying to connect and not timing out. The program itself isn't frozen.

Anyways, that's what I'm dealing with! Thanks
    Having a spot of bother with the Pre Plus on Sprint process here.

I've done the same process in both Ubuntu on VirtualBox and cygwin, on XP 32 bit system.

Makefile:

Code:
    # BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP  = 1
    # ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1

DEVICE = pre

CARRIER = sprint
    Run from meta-doctor directory, cygwin in this case, but the results are the same in Ubuntu:

Code:
    $ cd downloads

$ wget http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p145r0d08102010/spr1ntp145rod/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    -snip-

$ mv webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar

$ ls downloads
    webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar

$ cd ..

$ make unpack
    Makefile:375: warning: overriding commands for target `build/pre'
    Makefile:340: warning: ignoring old commands for target `build/pre'
    Makefile:375: warning: overriding commands for target `--sprint'
    Makefile:340: warning: ignoring old commands for target `--sprint'
    Makefile:585: warning: overriding commands for target `build/pre'
    Makefile:375: warning: ignoring old commands for target `build/pre'
    Makefile:585: warning: overriding commands for target `--sprint'
    Makefile:375: warning: ignoring old commands for target `--sprint'
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorsprint (i.e. the downloads directory th
    at was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorsprint] Error 1
    The doctor is the right version, I've tested multiple times to make sure it's the right version, so I don't know what else to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    The doctor is the right version, I've tested multiple times to make sure it's the right version, so I don't know what else to try.
    Have you made sure that you have all these packages installed?:
    1. Python
    2. Make
    3. Patch
    4. Git
    5. Zip
    6. Unzip
    7. wget
    from Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

edit:
    obviously you at least have wget and make, but you know what i mean

also, maybe you should update meta-doctor?

* SIDENOTE ABOUT FUTURE USAGE OF THE META-DOC...
    ... say, after the next version of webOS is released.
    * NOTE: Each subsequent build will require you to start from scratch. To start fresh:

make clobber

* It would also be best to make sure you have the latest version of the Meta-Doctor. To grab the latest version:

git pull

* NOTE: I got an error about not being able to merge the developer's Makefile with my own, so I simply deleted my Makefile before running "git pull", since the dev's Makefile is all that matters:

rm Makefile

* You can run all of these at once, like so...

make clobber; rm Makefile; git pull

* And then simply restart from Step 9.
    from http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by systemshock869 View Post
    Have you made sure that you have all these packages installed?:
    1. Python
    2. Make
    3. Patch
    4. Git
    5. Zip
    6. Unzip
    7. wget
    from Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

edit:
    obviously you at least have wget and make, but you know what i mean

also, maybe you should update meta-doctor?

from http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Check, check, check.

Meta-doctor up to date, everything needed on cygwin installed (and the same error happens on Ubuntu with everything needed installed there too).

-------------------------------------------------

ETA: Solved. I have absolutely no idea why, but simply deleting the 2 lines "DEVICE = pre" and "CARRIER = sprint" and then retyping those 2 lines fixed all my ails. Really weird to me.
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 08/31/2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Check, check, check.

Meta-doctor up to date, everything needed on cygwin installed (and the same error happens on Ubuntu with everything needed installed there too).

-------------------------------------------------

ETA: Solved. I have absolutely no idea why, but simply deleting the 2 lines "DEVICE = pre" and "CARRIER = sprint" and then retyping those 2 lines fixed all my ails. Really weird to me.
    I'm having the exact same problem, fresh ubuntu install, fresh meta-doctor install. Doesn't make any sense as i haven't downloaded or renamed a doctor to 1.4.1.1 on this fresh install, where is it getting this info from?

Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then move it to downloads/webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make[1]: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp101ewwverizonwireless-1.4.1.1.jar] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lucidlynx/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all-verizonwireless] Error 2

Finally got it working by renaming the .jar to 1.4.1.1 and using the old build command:

make CARRIER=verizonwireless unpack patch pack
    I'm using o2 simcard (living in Germany) with a recently bought Palm Pixi Plus (Vodafone).
    Testing using 1.4.5 o2 Version ( as there is no 1.4.5 Vodafone in the Wiki )
    Using the below configuration for the Makefile, I've successfully doctored my Pixi. But still with the bug (from what I've googled) that making the first use app icon deleted after first run ( followed by luna restart ).

BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1
    ENABLE_USB_NETWORKING = 1

After that I've tried to add this to the Makefile.
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1

Redone everything all over. And now successfully created the Palm profile. But during the verification, I've given only USA or Canada as country of choice. So I chose USA.

Now everything is working except I have only free apps in the app catalog.

Anyone have any idea how I can at least access the paid catalog? I even don't know right now the pixi is accessing USA app catalog or Germany app catalog.
    Its not important as I was just practicing w/ the meta-doctor to get accustomed to it b/4 I attempted the Sprint Pre+ conversion.

I kept getting error 2 when attempting the make pack command.
    Worked fine after I removed the two below in red. (ie. putting the # back)
    This is the configuration I was attempting.

Code:
     BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
     AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
     ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS  = 1
     INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
     INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its not important as I was just practicing w/ the meta-doctor to get accustomed to it b/4 I attempted the Sprint Pre+ conversion.

I kept getting error 2 when attempting the make pack command.
    Worked fine after I removed the two below in red. (ie. putting the # back)
    This is the configuration I was attempting.

Code:
     BYPASS_ACTIVATION     = 1
     AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE  = 1
     ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS  = 1
     INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
     INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    The documentation at the top of the Makefile tells you what additional things you need to do for each of the options.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20.    #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    But still with the bug (from what I've googled) that making the first use app icon deleted after first run ( followed by luna restart ).
    That problem should be fixed by the latest version of the MetaDoctor, which modifies the appinfo.json file for all languages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals