Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 724
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #21  
    Not sure if its supposed to be doing this, but its grabbing the sprint 1.1.. not 1.2. And calling the 1.1 /downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.0.jar
    Last edited by daventx; 10/06/2009 at 06:40 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I guess I'm going to create a dual boot partition on my PC with Linux
    Just run it in the same VirtualBox you're using to run the Emulator.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    Not sure if its supposed to be doing this, but its grabbing the sprint 1.1.. not 1.2. And calling the 1.1 /downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.0.jar
    Unless someone knows of a programmatic way to get the right files, I'll probably have to have instructions there to tell people to download manually and rename to the right version.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    pkilian@falcon:~/dupa/meta-doctor$ make
    make CARRIER=sprint unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/pkilian/dupa/meta-doctor'
    make[1]: Nothing to be done for `unpack'.
    rm -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/.patched
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    mv build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums{,.old} ; \
    done
    mv: missing destination file operand after `build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/com.palm.app.firstuse.md5sums{,.old}'
    Try `mv --help' for more information.
    make[1]: *** [build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/.patched] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pkilian/dupa/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [pack-sprint] Error 2
    pkilian@falcon:~/dupa/meta-doctor$



    this is what i'm getting do you need to run a different make version or something?
    bashisms - I'll remove them from the next version.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Unless someone knows of a programmatic way to get the right files, I'll probably have to have instructions there to tell people to download manually and rename to the right version.

    -- Rod
    Which is what i ended up doing.

    Everyone can find the proper links for 1.2.0 here:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

    Then swap the file in the download directory with the one you got above, but keep the original file name!!
  6. #26  
    What I also do, so i can run first time.. since im in the US with Sprint is comment the following lines in Makefile

    Code:
    # mkdir -p build/${PATIENT}/rootfs/var/luna/preferences
    # touch build/${PATIENT}/rootfs/var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    Then go to /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.1.0, copy the com.palm.app.firstuse.patch to /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0. Open up /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/com.palm.app.firstuse.patch and erase all the patch data.

    This way i can create custom builds that allow me to activate and fun the first use app.

    Tested and works perfectly. Good stuff.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by daventx View Post
    What I also do, so i can run first time.. since im in the US with Sprint is comment the following lines in Makefile

    Code:
    # mkdir -p build/${PATIENT}/rootfs/var/luna/preferences
    # touch build/${PATIENT}/rootfs/var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use
    Then go to /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.1.0, copy the com.palm.app.firstuse.patch to /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0. Open up /patches/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.2.0/com.palm.app.firstuse.patch and erase all the patch data.

    This way i can create custom builds that allow me to activate and fun the first use app.
    You should just be able to run:

    palm-launch com.palm.app.firstuse

    from a connected host using the SDK.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    bashisms - I'll remove them from the next version.
    New version is up.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  9. #29  
    Hi Folks,

    ok - I think this is a step by step guide...

    Getting Ready
    --------------------
    1) Download Ubuntu 8.04 virtual machine for vmware (I used the desktop version)
    2) at the terminal , type
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    (if necessary, follow the instructions to install git)
    3) make sure you have patch. Type patch at the command line, and if necessary follow instructions to download it
    4) install java (applications/add remove/show: all available applications/java 6 runtime)
    5) install the palm sdk (actually you only need the novacmd part). Instructions at developer.palm.com
    6) download the rom jar to the /meta-doctor/downloads folder
    rename download to webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.2.0.jar
    check you have the right one using this page http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

    Doing it
    -----------
    5) navigate to the meta-doctor directory in the terminal and type
    make CARRIER=sprint unpack patch pack
    6) updated version will be in the build/pre... folder
    7) make sure palm is connected to your virtual machine (check the VMWare menu)
    8) run it with java -jar webosdoctor...

    rWhitby - You Rock!
    Last edited by confusedvorlon; 10/10/2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: more detail
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  10. #30  
    is there a way to download this on windows 7. sorry for the noob ?
  11. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    is there a way to download this on windows 7. sorry for the noob ?
    As it was stated in the original post, you need Linux to be able to do the change to the Doctor file. You could do it in a virtual machine however. I believe that is the directions that confusedvorlon was giving, was how to do it in a VM. Yes, Win 7 is capable of running VM images, but will require you have VM Software. (VMWare is one, VirtualBox is another)
  12. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #32  
    Oh, and personally I'm waiting for someone (Jason?) to write this in to a multi platform based application.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    As it was stated in the original post, you need Linux to be able to do the change to the Doctor file. You could do it in a virtual machine however. I believe that is the directions that confusedvorlon was giving, was how to do it in a VM. Yes, Win 7 is capable of running VM images, but will require you have VM Software. (VMWare is one, VirtualBox is another)
    cool thanks the only problem is that i have win 7 x64 and vmware doesent allow me to install ubuntu.
  14. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    cool thanks the only problem is that i have win 7 x64 and vmware doesent allow me to install ubuntu.
    bummer, what about any of the other products? What about using an already built image?
  15.    #35  
    Any computer than can run Windows 7 can also be dual-booted or live-cd-booted with Ubuntu.

    Have you tried VirtualBox instead of VMWare?

    BTW, redistribution of webOS Doctor images is a copyright violation. Please do not do it, nor suggest it in this thread.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    BTW, redistribution of webOS Doctor images is a copyright violation. Please do not do it, nor suggest it in this thread.

    -- Rod
    Oh, Please don't think I was suggesting a webos doctor image! I was talking about a pre-built VMWARE image of linux. Would never never suggest the doctor image.

    But yeah, a live cd boot would probably work. I might have to try this myself.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any computer than can run Windows 7 can also be dual-booted or live-cd-booted with Ubuntu.

    Have you tried VirtualBox instead of VMWare?

    BTW, redistribution of webOS Doctor images is a copyright violation. Please do not do it, nor suggest it in this thread.

    -- Rod
    i will try virtualbox i really dont want to do the dual boot but i may because it seems the pre is better on linux. ps thanks for all the work youve been doing its awesome
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Oh, Please don't think I was suggesting a webos doctor image! I was talking about a pre-built VMWARE image of linux. Would never never suggest the doctor image.
    My apologies for the incorrect assumption about what you meant.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I guess I'm going to create a dual boot partition on my PC with Linux
    with ubuntu you dont need a new partition you can install it right on windows and dual boot it is cool

    Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75 View Post
    cool thanks the only problem is that i have win 7 x64 and vmware doesent allow me to install ubuntu.
    I am running win7 and have ubuntu but not in vmware.. this guide will let you install it without harming your current installation of windows. also no need to moding any partitions or installing any boot loaders.

    http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

    1. download 9.04 link above ^
    2. burn to cd or mount on virtual drive
    3. run cd in windows (the wubi.exe file inside the disk, it also comes up in auto run)
    4. Click on Install Inside windows

    this will install ubuntu while running windows without the need of making a partition i would recomand making the install image the full 30 gigs if you have the hard drive space.

    now restart and you can dual boot to windows/ubuntu

    nice thing about this is that it will allow you to uninstall ubuntu right from windows as if it was never there and remove the dual boot. Not to mention the fact you do not need to partition your drive.

    Note:
    this will only work with the cd image found at the link on top of this post. the dvd image of 9.04 is a live cd/installer and does not have the option to install inside windows

    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post

    ....

    Also, 2nd question, may be easier. The 2Gb for the /var. Is this a confirmed fix for the "out of memory" issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    .... The limit is not 50 apps, it appears to be the size of the /var.../apps directory. Even if you increase /var, it may not resolve the issue (anyone confirm?). The link method fakes out the app catalog, thinking apps is using up less space, because it is.

    It could be that the limit is based on size of /var../apps relative to % of available space on /var. If so, the resizing var would likely work. If it's a fixed MB limit, like 25-30MB, resizing var won't work.

    not a confirmed fix as of yet you can fallow it in this thread...
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1972108
    Last edited by jack87; 10/13/2009 at 03:59 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. #40  
    Im thinking about doing this procedure as I am over my 100mb freespace limit for Fairdinkum to work. I wanted to see what the longterm is though.

    I assume that if Palm fixes this in an update soon that I would have to revert back to factory settings before doing the update? Would the remove be basically the same as the install?
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions