Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    The phone had sprint icons and it was running ok on gsm sim card here in Europe,but after update on new 1352 l havent been able to pass the palm profil account activation so l create with metadoctor wr weosdoctor thanx to this forum and your help in your posts and upload it to a phone and everything is working wifi,calls,but l haven't make palm pre account even l have received sms but when i try to send sms or it does some as on this guys up after update...so l have not any more E or G near signal string ...and icon first use in palm pre vanished from menu...l tap on here and my phone restarts and no more icon...do l upload again webos and do l activate accout first?

l believe previous user put by accidentally a sprint firmware in gsm palm...
    Dunno, but Meta-Doctor is not going to help you with any of that stuff.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    but what is then help for my palm pre? any advice
    The other night I made additions to the Meta-Doctor wiki regarding building a Meta-Doctor on Windows via Cgywin. Some cgywin packages were missing in the list and some of the referencing Linux instructions didn't work under Cygwin. So now the Cgywin instructions should work without a problem. Those of you on Windows should no longer need an Ubuntu image or run through VMware or WUBI.

Please let me know of any problems or confusions regarding some of the Cygwin notes or instructions.
    The phone had sprint icons and it was running ok on gsm sim card here in Europe,but after update on new 1352 l havent been able to pass the palm profil account activation so l create with metadoctor wr weosdoctor thanx to this forum and your help in your posts and upload it to a phone and everything is working wifi,calls,but l haven't make palm pre account even l have received sms but when i try to send sms or it does some as on this guys up after update...so l have not any more E or G near signal string ...and icon first use in palm pre vanished from menu...l tap on here and my phone restarts and no more icon...do l upload again webos and do l activate accout first?

l believe previous user put by accidentally a sprint firmware in gsm palm...
    but what is then help for my palm pre? any advice
    If you want the First Use app... you very well may have to reinstall the meta'd Doctor that you created.

If you want to setup your phone with your carrier... you must call your carrier. It's as simple as that.

People have gotten their SIMs to work with gprs & edge data, provided that the phone has an unlocked SIM slot.

As I am a CDMA man and have never owned a phone with SIM slot in my life... any information I have about that SIM process is EXTREMELY vague.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    l have maneged to restore gprs edge and 3g to palm pre by SQLite Database Browser 2.0 b1 after manually importing carrier settings and now all seams to be working except mms l dont know why yet but l will look in to it.
    Phone is working without palm pre register account service because l bypass it but gmail,yahoo,hotmail and facebook are working properly.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I ran through this patching process and it seemed to work fine, but when I rebooted the Pre it just hangs at the Palm logo. No errors that I saw came through or anything on the make.

I've read through all of the posts. I'm running the 1.3.5.1 jar. I uncommented all but the ssh stuff and the last one (I forget offhand which that is). The first time I ran it I didn't uncomment anything (just to see how it worked) and it ran fine.

Any ideas?
    Try again??

Perhaps do a "git pull" to start from scratch? Probly after doing a "rm Makefile", since the git pull will likely complain about not being able to merge the Makefile...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Try again??

Perhaps do a "git pull" to start from scratch? Probly after doing a "rm Makefile", since the git pull will likely complain about not being able to merge the Makefile...
    I tried this morning before work, the git pull said everything was up to date. The first time I did this I edited the individual files manually per the wiki via ssh from a laptop into my linux box, so I assumed when it didn't work that I just had typo'd something (I was watching a movie at the time :P). The second and third time I was sitting at the linux box.

This last time I actually booted into windows and installed virtualbox so I could try following the instructions on the cross OS post regarding this patching.

The only thing I did differently from those particular instructions was that I uncommented out the enlarging of /var in the makefile, the cross-OS post did not. I can't see that being my particular issue, but I'll try it again without such tonight.

Interesting to note that when I first plug it into the PC (when webdoctor is asking for it) it goes from the USB pic to saying "Palm" for a second, my PC beeps informing me that is disconnected, then the USB logo comes back. This happens usually right when I plug it in.

This last time I did it it got to about 40% of the flash and then went right to "Unable to reboot device", which was disconcerting.
    Can you tell us what web site/wiki you are using to get your instructions from? There are several on the web. Also when are you plugging your Pre into the computer?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    Can you tell us what web site/wiki you are using to get your instructions from? There are several on the web. Also when are you plugging your Pre into the computer?
    I'm using grndslm's Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide found here: http://goo.gl/nJJU

I plug the phone in twice, technically. Once before I start WebOSDoctor so I can hit the up volume button and get it into USB mode (I then unplug it again), and again when it asks me to.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l0k1z0r View Post
    I'm using grndslm's Cross-Platform Meta-Doctor Guide found here: http://goo.gl/nJJU

I plug the phone in twice, technically. Once before I start WebOSDoctor so I can hit the up volume button and get it into USB mode (I then unplug it again), and again when it asks me to.
    I actually figured it out this morning. I think maybe the Sudafed helped, though it might be this mound of tissues in front of my monitor.

After I edited the jar, I'd move it to the guestOS folder via the normal file browser instead of cp'ing it over (which would keep the root file structure intact). Pretty sure that was my only issue, as I'm staring at an unlocked phone right now.

I refuse to blush, I'm sick okay :P
    Yea, you could use the regular file browser to copy over the Meta'd Doctor, which would be found in the ~/meta-doctor/build/pre-whateverversion/ directory.

The one in the ~/meta-doctor/downloads/ directory is the original.
    Hey Jason, all I get is the files when I download the 1.4 OS Doctor, but no jar. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnsane4god View Post
    Hey Jason, all I get is the files when I download the 1.4 OS Doctor, but no jar. What should I do?
    How about we start with what DID you do? ... in order to "download the Doctor, but no jar"??

If you don't see a jar, you didn't download it... or Windows is hiding the .jar extension from you, because MS doesn't believe you're capable of handling file extensions on your own.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'd love to use Meta-Doctor on the 1.2.1 rom, but from what I can tell, the MakeFile is looking for the 1.4 rom. Is this there an archive somewhere that I use to get the original Meta-Doctor for 1.2.1. Reason I need to use this for 1.2.1 is to get diagnostic mode working for me. I'm coming from an old rom (1.03) up to 1.4 and I'm hosed as far mpt commands and ##USBPASS# is concerned. It is my conclusion that if I can get back to 1.2.1, then this re-enables this action...and no I can't just doctor back with a fresh 1.2.1 for reasons I'd rather not discuss .
  16.    #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwze View Post
    I'd love to use Meta-Doctor on the 1.2.1 rom, but from what I can tell, the MakeFile is looking for the 1.4 rom. Is this there an archive somewhere that I use to get the original Meta-Doctor for 1.2.1. Reason I need to use this for 1.2.1 is to get diagnostic mode working for me. I'm coming from an old rom (1.03) up to 1.4 and I'm hosed as far mpt commands and ##USBPASS# is concerned. It is my conclusion that if I can get back to 1.2.1, then this re-enables this action...and no I can't just doctor back with a fresh 1.2.1 for reasons I'd rather not discuss .
    I can't tell you where the archive is for reasons I'd rather not discuss

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    fair enough...just didn't want to discuss that topic....figured it was not allowred
    I have tried the steps mentioned at wiki..
    Here is the error I get..
    I am using Cygwin

Any help would be great.
    And after it finishes the packing where is the packed jar file saved ?
    I'm not all that familar with cygwin, but my guess from your screen capture is that you are not in the correct directory. You should be executing the make command in the same directory that contains the "Makefile". I would expect it to be something like "~/webos-doctor".

The packed jar with be in a sub directory under build. The directions under Step 10. from here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    "cp bu<TAB>pre<TAB>web<TAB> ~/Des<TAB>gue<TAB>" will yield a source file something like this (the <TAB> will auto complete the file name and assumes you are executing the command from the same directory as above)
    build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.0/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.0.jar

Bill
    Last edited by bill4212; 03/07/2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: minor typos
    Got it.. I was not in the meta-doctor folder while running the command.

Installed fine.

Thanks Bill.