Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Hi Rod. Thanks for the reply. Will the current Metadoctor still work for 1.1.3 gsm?
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Hi Rod. Thanks for the reply. Will the current Metadoctor still work for 1.1.3 gsm?
    Possibly. I don't remove support for old versions, but I also don't intentionally keep it current.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I gave it a shot and found that I had to rename the latest version for wr as 1.1.3.
    The conversion seemed to go OK but has an Error 1 at the end of the output. Should I be worried?

Code:
    palmdoc@palmdoc-ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3 ; \
    		unzip webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    Archive:  webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar
      inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF    
      inflating: resources/webOS.tar     
      inflating: resources/recoverytool.config  
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS \
    		-f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/rootfs \
    		-f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./md5sums
    touch build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.patched
    [ -d patches/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3 ]
    make: *** [build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.patched] Error 1
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I gave it a shot and found that I had to rename the latest version for wr as 1.1.3.
    The conversion seemed to go OK but has an Error 1 at the end of the output. Should I be worried?

Code:
    palmdoc@palmdoc-ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3 ; \
    		unzip webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    Archive:  webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.1.3.jar
      inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF    
      inflating: resources/webOS.tar     
      inflating: resources/recoverytool.config  
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS \
    		-f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz \
    		./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/rootfs \
    		-f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/event.d ./md5sums
    touch build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.patched
    [ -d patches/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3 ]
    make: *** [build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.1.3/.patched] Error 1
    That means there are no patches for 1.1.3 - you can try looking back in the git history for them and put them in there.

Why do you want to go back to 1.1.3 ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I would like to roll back to 1.1.3 to see if I can activate and create a profile using Wifi since it doesn't work with 1.3.5
    Sorry I'm a linux noob so I don't know what you mean by "you can try looking back in the git history for them and put them in there."
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    After all success in usage of this meta doctor it displays me an error **cp: missing destination file operand after `build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.5.3.2.jar~/Desktop/guestOS/'
    Try `cp --help' for more information. ** l am using an GSM Telenor network and l don t know what is now problem here....every thing was ok until last **cp build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.3.5/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.3.5.jar ~/Desktop/guestOS/** so my variant is like this**cp build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.5.3.2.jar~/Desktop/guestOS/** and after hit enter it displays the up there-cp: missing destination file......

Please can some one help me with this one?
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    After all success in usage of this meta doctor it displays me an error **cp: missing destination file operand after `build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.5.3.2.jar~/Desktop/guestOS/'
    Try `cp --help' for more information. ** l am using an GSM Telenor network and l don t know what is now problem here....every thing was ok until last **cp build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.3.5/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.3.5.jar ~/Desktop/guestOS/** so my variant is like this**cp build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.5.3.2.jar~/Desktop/guestOS/** and after hit enter it displays the up there-cp: missing destination file......

Please can some one help me with this one?
    I suspect you've edited the Makefile somewhere below the initial feature variable switches, and have introduced a typo.

Clone a new copy of the git repo and start again.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect you've edited the Makefile somewhere below the initial feature variable switches, and have introduced a typo.

Clone a new copy of the git repo and start again.

-- Rod
    l am loosing my mind over this phone...l am stuck with non working Pre because l can t do nothing...l will start from scratch from first step but l am still amateur on linux
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    l fallow every step to the letter and now this pops up

cp: cannot stat `build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar': No such file or directory

this is when l try to copy the file to my guestOS/shared folder and what is now wrong please help
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Everything solved l dont know how but this time meta doc do his thing ok....l update the palm pre and it is running ok....so this is superb,l am happy very happy...
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Sorry for the silly question, but will I be able to activate a Palm Pixi Plus in another carrier after using the tool?
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    Sorry for the silly question, but will I be able to activate a Palm Pixi Plus in another carrier after using the tool?
    No. You should ring up your old and new carriers and sort that out with them.

Meta-doctor only allows for bypassing activation.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Oh, so I need a phone with a clean ESN then do the rest with my current carrier? I want to import a Pixi Plus.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    well bad news l am not able to send sms or any gprs or edge connection over palm pre...only wifi is possible....what l must change in metadoctor to be able to make sms,or go over 3g on network....calls are ok,l can receive and make one??
  15.    #255  
    well bad news l am not able to send sms or any gprs or edge connection over palm pre...only wifi is possible....what l must change in metadoctor to be able to make sms,or go over 3g on network....calls are ok,l can receive and make one??
    Meta-doctor does not modify any cellular carrier connection settings.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    why then l have lost gprs or edge connection previously there was sprint on the phone and edge and gprs were active and working,after bypass all that is explained in first post l have managed to get all without sprint issue and now l cant send sms or go online and first use icon has gone...palm pre was no activated over any account not over wifi not over any type of connection...what is suggestion to do then?
  17.    #257  
    why then l have lost gprs or edge connection previously there was sprint on the phone and edge and gprs were active and working,after bypass all that is explained in first post l have managed to get all without sprint issue and now l cant send sms or go online and first use icon has gone...palm pre was no activated over any account not over wifi not over any type of connection...what is suggestion to do then?
    If you don't activate the phone with a carrier, of course it cannot do data.

Meta-doctor is for bypassing activation when you don't want to use a cellular carrier. I suspect you have misunderstood the purpose of the meta-doctor.

If you want to activate a phone on Sprint, then call Sprint and get it activated. The meta-doctor cannot do this for you.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you don't activate the phone with a carrier, of course it cannot do data.

Meta-doctor is for bypassing activation when you don't want to use a cellular carrier. I suspect you have misunderstood the purpose of the meta-doctor.

If you want to activate a phone on Sprint, then call Sprint and get it activated. The meta-doctor cannot do this for you.

-- Rod
    thanx for explanation but l am using Telenor network in EU so l have to be able to use gprs andd edge because phone with previous 1351 weobos have had that ability and now after update no more...
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-update-2.html
    this is like same issue that happened now to me

do l put sim card in palm pre during webosdoctor upate or without sim?
    is registering on palm pre account over wifi firste step to do after finished update?
    Last edited by kronos1; 02/16/2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more text
  19.    #259  
    thanx for explanation but l am using Telenor network in EU so l have to be able to use gprs andd edge because phone with previous 1351 weobos have had that ability and now after update no more...
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-update-2.html
    this is like same issue that happened now to me

do l put sim card in palm pre during webosdoctor upate or without sim?
    is registering on palm pre account over wifi firste step to do after finished update?
    You're trying to use a Sprint phone on a GSM network?

Or did you put Sprint firmware on a GSM phone for some reason?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    The phone had sprint icons and it was running ok on gsm sim card here in Europe,but after update on new 1352 l havent been able to pass the palm profil account activation so l create with metadoctor wr weosdoctor thanx to this forum and your help in your posts and upload it to a phone and everything is working wifi,calls,but l haven't make palm pre account even l have received sms but when i try to send sms or it does some as on this guys up after update...so l have not any more E or G near signal string ...and icon first use in palm pre vanished from menu...l tap on here and my phone restarts and no more icon...do l upload again webos and do l activate accout first?

l believe previous user put by accidentally a sprint firmware in gsm palm...
    Last edited by kronos1; 02/16/2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: more of text