Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    I believe it is because even when i put it on the sprint 1.2.1 firmware it still was asking for a network unlock code
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMoney88 View Post
    I believe it is because even when i put it on the sprint 1.2.1 firmware it still was asking for a network unlock code
    "Network unlock code" sounds like you'd need to get that from AT&T, right??

I don't have a clue how GSM works, so I'm totally in the dark on this.

Were you still asked for a network unlock code when using the O2 firmware??
    you have a sim locked device.....
    So a SIM-locked O2 phone with O2 firmware will still be SIM-locked with Sprint firmware??

There's actually hardware doing the checking for a specific range of SIM [...fill-in-the-blank... (identifying?)] numbers??
    Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    you have a sim locked device.....
    yes i kno this, but there is no way for me to get it unlocked because it is locked to O2 uk
    Your only option might be to sell it and read this thread to get an unlocked GSM Pre...

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...heres-how.html

G'luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Your only option might be to sell it and read this thread to get an unlocked GSM Pre...

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...heres-how.html

G'luck!
    Thanks, They are discussing a palm pre on movistar GSM network for spain though.
    ... hence, me telling you to sell the one you've got now.
    i have a litle problem.....heres the log from meta-doctor....after updating with these modified flash i still cant bypass activation...

nelix@nelix-desktop:~$ cd meta-doctor
    nelix@nelix-desktop:~/meta-doctor$ make CARRIER=wr unpack patch pack
    rm -rf build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2 ; \
    unzip webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    Archive: webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar
    inflating: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    inflating: resources/webOS.tar
    inflating: resources/recoverytool.config
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webOS \
    -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/resources/webOS.tar \
    -x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz \
    ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs \
    -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    -x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./md5sums
    touch build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/.unpacked
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/.patched
    [ -d patches/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2 ]
    mv build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.old
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs ; \
    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    > build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    done
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs ; \
    find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    > build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.old build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.old build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs/md5sums.new
    touch build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/.patched
    rm -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/.packed
    --delete ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./md5sums
    ( cd build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root )
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    -r ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./md5sums
    gzip -f build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar
    --delete ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    -r ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    zip -d webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.* resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    deleting: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    deleting: META-INF/JARKEY.SF
    deleting: META-INF/JARKEY.RSA
    deleting: resources/webOS.tar
    deleting: resources/recoverytool.config
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    zip webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    adding: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF (deflated 76%)
    adding: resources/webOS.tar (deflated 4%)
    adding: resources/recoverytool.config (deflated 29%)
    touch build/pre-p100ueu-wr-1.3.5.2/.packed
    nelix@nelix-desktop:~/meta-doctor$
    Last edited by nelix; 01/21/2010 at 10:06 AM.
  10.    #230  
    It looks like you didn't uncomment any of the lines at the top of the Makefile to enable any of the functions.

Unless you uncomment one or more lines, the Makefile makes no changes.

-- Rod
    no i havent ... problem solved....thanks
    I was finally able to get this to work after a couple tries. I am using a RebelSIM and it showed the local network (before I ran the bypass-activation build). After I restored with the new build, it stayed on the SOS mode with of-course the rest of the phone on.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

On a different note: the MAKEfile is very easy to miss. (although its fun after you figure it out). If the developer of this app is around, I can help put together a small User Interface for this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sukh View Post
    I was finally able to get this to work after a couple tries. I am using a RebelSIM and it showed the local network (before I ran the bypass-activation build). After I restored with the new build, it stayed on the SOS mode with of-course the rest of the phone on.

Any thoughts on whats going on?
    I'm not quite sure what SOS mode is, so no... I have no idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by sukh View Post
    On a different note: the MAKEfile is very easy to miss. (although its fun after you figure it out). If the developer of this app is around, I can help put together a small User Interface for this thing.
    Honestly, I don't think a user interface is that necessary anymore since Rod has commented out all of the features now. Lots new features, too! He probly could have a stop in the script to warn the user to edit the Makefile if all of the features are still commented out, tho.

You can catch him in #webos-internals at the FreeNode IRC servers, tho.
  14.    #234  
    I have added support for the Pre Plus on Verizon.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just used meta-doctor to bypass activation on my new Pixi Plus so I could get it onto Page Plus Cellular. This is a great tool. I did have to make one change to support the verizonwireless pixi plus though.
    In patches I did the following and everything seemed to work

ln -s pre-p100eww-sprint-1.3.5 pixi-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.3.5.1

If this is the right thing to do, perhaps it could be added to the repository.

Thanks again for making the tool.
    Bill
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    I just used meta-doctor to bypass activation on my new Pixi Plus so I could get it onto Page Plus Cellular. This is a great tool. I did have to make one change to support the verizonwireless pixi plus though.
    In patches I did the following and everything seemed to work

ln -s pre-p100eww-sprint-1.3.5 pixi-p121eww-verizonwireless-1.3.5.1

If this is the right thing to do, perhaps it could be added to the repository.

Thanks again for making the tool.
    Bill
    Thanks Bill, I've added the appropriate symlink to the repository.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I noticed that you linked to a different set of patches than I did (1.3.1 instead of 1.3.5) does this mean I guessed wrong and should rebuild my image?
    Thanks,
    Bill
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4212 View Post
    I noticed that you linked to a different set of patches than I did (1.3.1 instead of 1.3.5) does this mean I guessed wrong and should rebuild my image?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    My mistake. Link fixed.

I really need a cheap off-contract Verizon Pixi Plus to be able to test this stuff ...

Thanks,

-- Rod
    Hi Rod. I am trying to create a new Palm Profile using Metadoctor with an O2 Sim card and used the 1.3.5.2 GSM doctor (ultimate goal is to see if I can access the App Catalog with this O2 Sim card number attached to a new profile)

Bypass activation remains commented since I want to see the Activation/Create profile screen
    I edited Makefile to uncomment the Enable First use Wifi and enable First use app
    I thought this would create a metadoctor which would start up with the Activation screen (the O2 card picks up a local carrier and shows R for roaming but I cannot use data). Anyway I can't for some reason see how to enable the Wifi with the Metadoctor and cannot create a new profile this way. There is a little phone icon on the bottom left which is one taps on shows Enable Wifi as an option but tapping on it doesn't seem to do anything

I created a new Metadoctor file with Bypass activation, and the Enable first use Wifi and Enable the First use app. With all these uncommented, I can enable Wifi without having to go thru activation. I was hoping to create a profile by running the First Use app but after selecting language, the Palm reboots and then the First use app disappears and there is no option to create a new profile.

Appreciate some tips here.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Bypass activation remains commented since I want to see the Activation/Create profile screen
    I edited Makefile to uncomment the Enable First use Wifi and enable First use app
    I thought this would create a metadoctor which would start up with the Activation screen (the O2 card picks up a local carrier and shows R for roaming but I cannot use data). Anyway I can't for some reason see how to enable the Wifi with the Metadoctor and cannot create a new profile this way. There is a little phone icon on the bottom left which is one taps on shows Enable Wifi as an option but tapping on it doesn't seem to do anything
    Yep, I see the same. No idea why the wifi option no longer works in 1.3.5

-- Rod