Page 99 of 305 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 6094
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Put your pre in developer mode.

Type

upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

On your pre and and enable it.

Then just put just charge when you connect it to pc thru USB and it should work.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O. LADI View Post
    Ok, I installed WebOS and was attempting to proceed with following the instructions. But It keeps telling me that no deivece is attached?? I am trying to get PreWare on my Pre so I can install a theme. What is it that I'm doing wrong?
    not following the directions
    For the last few days I haven't been able to open Preware. It just gets stuck on the 'Checking Version' Screen. Should I reinstall? Or is there something else that may be causing the problem?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    right i understand the Q&A but i only see one patch on preware and that's for VK? what' this i hear that there's many other patches one can install with preware.

I tried installing patches with QI through the online repository but no luck, they don't work for me. any ideas, I have installed autofeed but seems like that doesn't do anything. I'm running 1.2.1

I can see the patches when i check with device mnagement but that's about it. i tried working them, nope, tried rebooting after the patch, nope. please help!
    In PreWare when you have the FIRST listing of Available (Apps, Themes, etc), click on List of Everything at the very bottom. When that list is pulled up, type "feed" to search -you will have an autopatch-feed in your findings -install this.

Now go up to the Preware menu (upperleft) and choose Update Feeds -you will now see an option in your main list that says Available Patches!!! YAY!!
  5.    #1965  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    For the last few days I haven't been able to open Preware. It just gets stuck on the 'Checking Version' Screen. Should I reinstall? Or is there something else that may be causing the problem?
    Please read the first post.
    I hate being a pest, however, I need help, PLEASE! I installed the Virtual Keyboard using Preware and no matter what I do, I cannot open it. The one suggestion that I received was to open an app and tap the bottom of the page. Nothing! Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am a new PalmPre user and not a techie.
    Thanks for any help!
  7.    #1967  
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorsonny View Post
    I hate being a pest, however, I need help, PLEASE! I installed the Virtual Keyboard using Preware and no matter what I do, I cannot open it. The one suggestion that I received was to open an app and tap the bottom of the page. Nothing! Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am a new PalmPre user and not a techie.
    Thanks for any help!
    The description for the virtual keyboard (something you should really read before installing any package) states quite clearly:

"Double-tapping the gesture area (near the home button) will bring up the on-screen keyboard if you are in a text input field."

It's not just opening an app, you have to be in a text field as if you were going to type.
    Is anyone having preware & app catalog issues where it freezes when you download any app?
    I just tried your suggestion with creating a new e-mail. The keyboard appeared, would not go to landscape view, so I closed this view. Opened e-mail again, double tapped in the gesture area, but have not been able to see the keyboard again. What do you think I might be doing wrong? Also, if I do get the keyboard open, how can I get it into landscape view? Please bear with me, I'm 73 yrs old and like trying new things to keep my mind busy.
    Thanks, Sonny
    Oh snap..i'm an *****. Thanks Oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This thread documents how to use Preware to manage patches to webOS.

Any questions about the operation of individual patches will be ignored in this thread - please start a new thread where the author or maintainer of each individual patch can respond to your questions.

Questions in this thread should only be about how to use Preware to install, upgrade and remove patches. Any questions about other installation mechanism or tools (like WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad, or command line methods) will be ignored in this thread - please find another relevant thread for those tools or methods.

This post will be fleshed out when the public release of the AutoPatch technology in Preware happens. There is no need to reply to this post until that happens, and please be patient as we put the documentation in place ahead of the public release of the AutoPatch feed in Preware.

Here is the start of an FAQ:

Q: How do I install Preware?
    A: Please refer to Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for instructions.

Q: Where is the Upgrade button for Patches in Preware?
    A: You need to remove the current version of a patch and then install the new version.

-- Rod
    I updated to the new webos 1.2.1 and all my tweaks went away. i dont know how to get them back

i tried using preware to reinstall the patches but i get an error message. i also tried using WEBOS quick install 2.72 and it did not work
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorsonny View Post
    I just tried your suggestion with creating a new e-mail. The keyboard appeared, would not go to landscape view, so I closed this view. Opened e-mail again, double tapped in the gesture area, but have not been able to see the keyboard again. What do you think I might be doing wrong? Also, if I do get the keyboard open, how can I get it into landscape view? Please bear with me, I'm 73 yrs old and like trying new things to keep my mind busy.
    Thanks, Sonny
    Sometimes the Keyboard doesn't open up right away. Just give it a second or two.
    TO use the keyboard in landscape mode you need to make sure you have enable the patch to use the email and text message app in landscape mode.
    If that patch is not enable you won't be able to use the keyboard in landscape mode in those apps. Now you can use the keyboard in landscape mode in the web app without installing any new patches. Hope this makes sense.
    I am not too sure if this is the correct place to post but as far as I can guess, it is.

Anyway, why does it show there are updates for patches, ex. add/delete pages in launcher? This is a relatively easy patch and I don't really see why it needs to be updated since it is still working how it is supposed to work. Is there a change log of these patches held somewhere? I like being up to date but do I really need to on this one? From what I can tell, the patch is the same. Any insight would be appreciated and thanks for the great work.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So i d/l the webosquickinstall. I'm still a bit weary on actually plugging in my phone and d/l the preware. I do have the webosdoctor. This will restore my phone if i mess it up? Also, does all the homebrew software need to be removed if a new official patch comes out? How does this work?
    Yes webosdoctor will restore your phone back to factory defaults. I have not heard of anyone permanantly bricking their phone. Last night I was using webosdoctor and my laptop went into sleep mode half way through it. That should be very bad, but I was able to start it again fine. If that doesn't brick a phone, I don't know what would.

Yes it's a good idea to remove all patches before updating to a new webos release.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ok i will attempt this later... Thanks for your replies.
    can you download tether from preware
    mytether.net
    Yes you can, but it is the demo version without the WiFi tethering ability. It will only tether via USB or Bluetooth.

To get the full version you have to buy it at mytether.net. It's worth it though.
    thanks