Page 98 of 305 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 6094
  1. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #1941  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenDavey View Post
    can you remove all patches at once?
    sure, and even easier if you use EPR
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  2. #1942  
    not sure if this has happened to anyone but I just got a new pre and I am attempting to put preware on it. However, when I click on the third image on the right it pulls up the new screen but will not allow me to open the drop down menu. Any advice?
  3. #1943  
    check to see that Novacom is installed.
  4. #1944  
    Ok, I got it to work. After attempting to mess with some tweaks through webos QI, it said I needed to download two files. I can not remember what they were but after I donwloaded them I was able to install preware.
  5. #1945  
    This thread documents how to use Preware to manage patches to webOS.

    Any questions about the operation of individual patches will be ignored in this thread - please start a new thread where the author or maintainer of each individual patch can respond to your questions.

    Questions in this thread should only be about how to use Preware to install, upgrade and remove patches. Any questions about other installation mechanism or tools (like WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad, or command line methods) will be ignored in this thread - please find another relevant thread for those tools or methods.

    This post will be fleshed out when the public release of the AutoPatch technology in Preware happens. There is no need to reply to this post until that happens, and please be patient as we put the documentation in place ahead of the public release of the AutoPatch feed in Preware.

    Here is the start of an FAQ:

    Q: How do I install Preware?
    A: Please refer to http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:Preware for instructions.

    Q: Where is the Upgrade button for Patches in Preware?
    A: You need to remove the current version of a patch and then install the new version.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/07/2009 at 04:16 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #1946  
    Been using preware tweaks with no problem. Now I cannot remove the calendar default week view patch. Ran epr- cannot remove this one patch. Quick install is giving me all kinds of error messages now too. Plus - no matter how many apps I delete I cant seem to dl new apps anymore except through preware, I dont know if that's related... Do I have to do a partial erase, would that even help? If someone could help I'd appreciate it. Do I just need to wait for the 1.2.1 repair? Kinda need my phone to work preferably with tweaks, but the whole thing seems funky now
  7. #1947  
    Sweet thanx
    Last edited by Visualfx; 10/07/2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Vis
  8. #1948  
    That's why I didn't ask for #3. I was thinking they could find some other way to fit more in there: smaller icons, for instance..

    Hiding the quick launch bar was much more the point. I should've stated that.
  9. #1949  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    Been using preware tweaks with no problem. Now I cannot remove the calendar default week view patch. Ran epr- cannot remove this one patch. Quick install is giving me all kinds of error messages now too. Plus - no matter how many apps I delete I cant seem to dl new apps anymore except through preware, I dont know if that's related... Do I have to do a partial erase, would that even help? If someone could help I'd appreciate it. Do I just need to wait for the 1.2.1 repair? Kinda need my phone to work preferably with tweaks, but the whole thing seems funky now
    do you have a theme installed?
  10. #1950  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    Been using preware tweaks with no problem. Now I cannot remove the calendar default week view patch. Ran epr- cannot remove this one patch. Quick install is giving me all kinds of error messages now too. Plus - no matter how many apps I delete I cant seem to dl new apps anymore except through preware, I dont know if that's related... Do I have to do a partial erase, would that even help? If someone could help I'd appreciate it. Do I just need to wait for the 1.2.1 repair? Kinda need my phone to work preferably with tweaks, but the whole thing seems funky now
    If you passed the app limit, that would explain your app install problem except through preware (or PreLoad since we both bypass that limit). That seems unrelated.

    It sounds to me like you installed a patch that isn't 1.2.1. compatible. If running epr or QI to remove doesn't work, even after a reboot (epr needs that - upper left menu in PreLoad - Luna Restart) then you may consider doctoring your phone.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds
  11. nick3681's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1951  
    I am really confused on what exactly is involved regarding the Pre and unlocking such things such as on screen keyboard and led notification.

    Can some knowledgable person out there please point me in the right direction on how to do these things? What exactly is Preware?

    Is modifying my Pre dangerous if I don't really know what I am doing? Can I ruin it or are the instructions pretty much self-explanatory? I know it has something to do with WebOS Quick Install. I have read many postings but I am still confused. I really would like to unlock these features.

    Lastly, why does Palm hide these features in the phone? Don't you think the phone would be more desireable with these added features? More sales?

    Thank you to any replies. I know people in these forums don't like newbies who ask dumb questions... lol
  12. #1952  
    I have been relentlessly been trying to install preware on my pre which has been rooted with aonic's version of my tether. I dl'd the most WebOS Quick Install ver 2.7 and clicked on the third button to load the repositories and a popup comes up saying there was an error with the feed followed by an error which says invalid url???? , the same thing happens when I try to install preware on the emulator.. The instructions seem str8 forward but I can't seem to get it going. I really would like to try out preware as it appears to be a really kewl app, and I would be willing to make a contribution/donation to anyone willing and able to provide me with assistance in getting preware up and running on my pre. I even tried contacting raja the developer of the version of my tether for guidance but he told me he no longer uses his palm pre let only develops apps for it :0/ any help at all would be grt8ly appreciated. Thanks in advance...
  13. yglaotu's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #1953  
    preware -------------- I love it.
  14. pmpdaddyt's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #1954  
    preware is the greatest. basically it is a way to add, update, and delete homebrew and themes directly from your pre.
    its not really dangerous if u backup your data because when u download webosquickinstall htere is another program called webosdoctor which will reset your phone to ver.1.1 (i think) which is great

    do this first to install webosquickinstall:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

    do this next to install preware:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html

    very easy, might take u 20min tops and u will love your phone even more
    Last edited by pmpdaddyt; 10/07/2009 at 05:37 AM.
  15. pmpdaddyt's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #1955  
    the keyboard and led notofications are patches and tweaks which are also easy to install

    1. once u have the latest version of webosquickinstall(2.72) open it
    2. click the TOOLS menu
    3. select TWEAKS
    4. Pick which tweaks u want
    when u select them the phone looks like it resets(goes to the flashing Palm screen) thats normal your phone is just adding in the tweak.
    5. now enjoy
  16. #1956  
    yes you could as they say bork your phone but the web os doctor can 99.9 % of the time restore it to factory specks. Actually I havnt heard of anyone detroying their phone so the doctor couldn't fix but I guess anything is possible. While some of these features are unlocked most are not just unlocked , they are actually just written patches to add features too the phone. Like the keyboard it is not an unlocked feature someone took the effort in building that patch.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. #1957  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This thread documents how to use Preware to manage patches to webOS.

    Any questions about the operation of individual patches will be ignored in this thread - please start a new thread where the author or maintainer of each individual patch can respond to your questions.

    Questions in this thread should only be about how to use Preware to install, upgrade and remove patches. Any questions about other installation mechanism or tools (like WebOS Quick Install, PreLoad, or command line methods) will be ignored in this thread - please find another relevant thread for those tools or methods.

    This post will be fleshed out when the public release of the AutoPatch technology in Preware happens. There is no need to reply to this post until that happens, and please be patient as we put the documentation in place ahead of the public release of the AutoPatch feed in Preware.

    Here is the start of an FAQ:

    Q: How do I install Preware?
    A: Please refer to Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for instructions.

    Q: Where is the Upgrade button for Patches in Preware?
    A: You need to remove the current version of a patch and then install the new version.

    -- Rod
    right i understand the Q&A but i only see one patch on preware and that's for VK? what' this i hear that there's many other patches one can install with preware.

    I tried installing patches with QI through the online repository but no luck, they don't work for me. any ideas, I have installed autofeed but seems like that doesn't do anything. I'm running 1.2.1

    I can see the patches when i check with device mnagement but that's about it. i tried working them, nope, tried rebooting after the patch, nope. please help!
  18. #1958  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    right i understand the Q&A but i only see one patch on preware and that's for VK? what' this i hear that there's many other patches one can install with preware.

    I tried installing patches with QI through the online repository but no luck, they don't work for me. any ideas, I have installed autofeed but seems like that doesn't do anything. I'm running 1.2.1

    I can see the patches when i check with device mnagement but that's about it. i tried working them, nope, tried rebooting after the patch, nope. please help!
    The public release of the AutoPatch has not happened yet - it's still in alpha testing. We will only respond in this thread after the public release (which will be with the next version of Preware, which is also in alpha testing right now).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1959  
    I am having a problem getting the Repository to open up so that I can get Preware. I am using WEBOS Quick Install ver 2.7. The tweaks work fine. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have some type of solution?
  20. #1960  
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasitwas View Post
    I am having a problem getting the Repository to open up so that I can get Preware. I am using WEBOS Quick Install ver 2.7. The tweaks work fine. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have some type of solution?
    I saw that last night, but today it works fine. Try restarting WOSQI or rebooting the computer it is running on. We don't know why it is happening.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions