Page 93 of 305 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 6094
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Hi, I am wondering what to do I installed "LED service" from the applications section on my preware and it said "probably installed' so then I was like... and just decied to remove it and then it says "remove probably failed" what do I do it dissappeared from the apps section as well >_<. Will this affect my phone is anyway?
    Thanks in advance
    This might be an idiotic question, but what happened to the NES Emulator? Ive had my Pre for about a week and could of sworn I saw it on Preware at some point but when I finally went to try it last night it was nowhere to be found.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Hi all -

First off, I just installed PreWare and it is fantastic. Thanks to all who have put so much work into this great application.

I had a few questions and I hope that someone will take pity on me and answer them for me since I thought it a daunting task to search through the 80+ pages of this thread for the answer.

I installed PreWare via WebOS QI. I have only installed the DevMode Launcher app and the Virtual Keyboard patch at this point. For the sake of argument, let's say that I install nothing else prior to the next major WebOS release (for instance, 1.3). What, if anything, should I uninstall prior to downloading and installing the WebOS update?

I am assuming that I should uninstall the Virtual Keyboard patch. Do I need to install anything else before updating to the next release of the WebOS?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    blaiden just use the patch recovery patch like ER something it is in the list right before u update to the next and you should be fine ;D and uninstall virtual keyboard manually cause that patch doesnt do it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Okay, Steps I did:
    1) Thru Preware, removed the extraction patch and restarted Luna
    2) Using Internalz, checked /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/ folder and it still existed but was empty
    3) Reinstalled the extraction patch via Preware and restarted Luna
    4) Using Internalz, checked /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/ folder and the folders/files were back
    5) Attempted to install the landscape patch and get error.
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation
    then it references document-assistant.jsjsjs $as$ $the$ $file$ $being$ $patched$
    ERROR: Patch already installed?

All steps I did are listed above, I did not leave any out. Now, when I was getting this before (6 hours ago) I Received document-assistant.jsjsjs $thru$ $Quick$ $Install$ $and$ $the$ $return$; $line$ $was$ $there$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $why$ $it$'$s$ $seeing$ $it$ $as$ $already$ $being$ $patched$. $I$'$m$ $baffled$ $since$ $it$ $appears$ $to$ $delete$ $and$ $then$ $rebuild$ $the$ $directory$ $and$ $files$ $when$ $removing$ $and$ $adding$ $the$ $extraction$ $patch$.
    Open up terminal app (or novaterm) and type the following command:

Code:
    rm -f /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/pdfviewer-enable-landscape.patch
    Then install the landscape patch from preware again.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    blaiden just use the patch recovery patch like ER something it is in the list right before u update to the next and you should be fine ;D and uninstall virtual keyboard manually cause that patch doesnt do it for you
    Hi Lucki -

I'm not sure I follow. Where is this patch recovery located? Within PreWare?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Open up terminal app (or novaterm) and type the following command:

Code:
    rm -f /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patches/pdfviewer-enable-landscape.patch
    Then install the landscape patch from preware again.
    That fixed it, thanks so much!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Is preware 9.2 compatible with os 1.2.1 anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Top right corner of Main Page - WebOS Internals or in the left-hand sidebar.

-- Rod
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Is preware 9.2 compatible with os 1.2.1 anyone?
    You bet!
    FrankenPre2!!!
    well i dont know how to check if my phone is in developer mode? im new to any Palm phones! and yes i do have it on "just charge"
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Are we looking at getting an updated Package Manager due to the problems it has been causeing with downloads from the App store?
    We are not aware of any problems that the Package Manager Service is causing. Can you be more explicit?

If you are talking about the application installation limits in Palm's App Catalog application, that is not under the control of our Package Manager Service. Palm will need to fix the problems that are being caused by those arbitrary limits that are being imposed by the LunaSysMgr proprietary binary executable.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    for the notification tones...will u guys bring back the one where we can choose the notification, alert, and messaging sounds? i do like choosing my messaging sound and having the default notification sound when im like installing patches
    have u guys thought about this?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes I am using the same computer and okay let me see if it is on thanks!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    Hi Lucki -

I'm not sure I follow. Where is this patch recovery located? Within PreWare?
    It is located in the patches section of the preware it has a ambulance in the little picture
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have a question, I have Preware 0.9.2 and have "auto patches" installed but when I look for available patches all I see is the virtual key board. If I look through everything I've downloaded I can find the various tweaks I've added; led notifications, email landscape, 4X4 icons and so on. It was my understanding that all the available patches should no show up under the patches section along with virtual keyboard. Anyone else having this problem?

And a real odd one, in preferences I have to set "show all types" to "no" in order to see all the package types, if I turn it to "yes" they all go away. Seems backwards to me.
    I am having some trouble with the theme installer. I installed one theme, and it successfully installed, but then i tried to install another theme without removing the previous one first, and i believe that cause my original icons to be overwritten. Though these themes did require scripts to be run before and after installation, i believe there should be at least a warning if you try to install a theme if you already have one installed
    hey can anyone please help me. im having problems trying to install the lanscape messaging patch on my pre with preware. keeps saying error. can any one help me out please....thnx!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    does the package service we run burn up a lot of juice? I have noticed my Pre's battery going even faster than normal since I moved over to doing patches via Preware versus using quilt...
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    does the package service we run burn up a lot of juice? I have noticed my Pre's battery going even faster than normal since I moved over to doing patches via Preware versus using quilt...
    The Package Manager Service does absolutely nothing while you are not actively using Preware, so it cannot be the cause.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals