Page 92 of 305 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 6094
    While we're on the subject of specific patches, Jason's 4x4 launcher patch does word wrap even though the description says it doesn't.
    Hello

I have been trying to figure this out for days with no avail. I have browsed a million forums and webpages. here is whats going on.

I have WebOS Quick Install up and running, Novacom as well. My Pre is in Dev mode and using the just charge option.

I cannot get preware to function on the phone. I install the Package manager first, followed by Preware. When preware opens it says your package manager is not running, are you sure you installed? If you did install reboot your phone. Rebooting does nothing. Same error. When I do an ipkg log in preware it says org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running.

I am running webos 1.2.1. I can boot Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6.1 or Linux Ubuntu 9.04. But have been trying on my Linux machine. Any ideas...I have run completely out. Oh yeh, EPR appears to do nothing as well.

Thanks for the time!

Keaton
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    It means that it doesn't wrap within a word. For example, with the wrapping patch, "FriendsFlowBeta" ends up with the "a" on a separate line... with Jason's it all stays on one line.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    It means that it doesn't wrap within a word. For example, with the wrapping patch, "FriendsFlowBeta" ends up with the "a" on a separate line... with Jason's it all stays on one line.
    Ahhh, that makes sense, I thought it meant that it kept all long names on one line. When I applied the patch manually at first all of the names ran over each other, but now things with spaces in them I guess break onto the next line (like "Stopwatch / Timer" is wrapping properly).

Thanks for the clarification.
    I think it would be neat to have an option to turn Data Usage on/off through the right drop down menu with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Phone, and Airplane Mode. Is this a possibility?
    i downloaded the LED Service through preware and I want to delete it now but everytime i try it says that the removal failed, i have uninstalled and re-installed preware, but nothing i do is working, can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsq34 View Post
    i downloaded the LED Service through preware and I want to delete it now but everytime i try it says that the removal failed, i have uninstalled and re-installed preware, but nothing i do is working, can someone help?
    I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but did you make sure that you have it turned off under "Screen & Lock" before trying to uninstall?

I just uninstalled mine without any trouble using Preware.
    I may just be blind, but I did not see a Donate Link on the front page. Am I missing it?
    Hello all,
    I am having similar problems like others here where when I try uninstall certain patches (i.e. LED notifications, Add Avatar) they give me an Error 4.

I attempted to uninstall Package Manager Service but got an error as Well (error 4 with log saying that "Lock: Unknown job: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice")

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (and I'm sure would help others on here).

elk
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yes, I threw it together quickly last night. The landscape patch depends on the extract. We will eventually have working advanced dependencies to run scripts and then this can be automated better. I forgot to put dependency metadata for removal protection, will fix tonight. For now you must install extract and THEN landscape, and to remove you must NOT remove extract while landscape is installed.
    Wouldn't you know before finally finding out about this, I had removed the extract patch. Problem is now I can't seem to find the necessary steps to remove both in such a way that Preware sees neither as ever being installed, allowing me to reinstall both without producing an error. From memory of about 5 hours ago, between uninstalling via Preware 0.9.2 and/or Quick Install 2.72, I've managed to make it so that Preware doesn't show either as being installed, and it will allow me to install the extract patch, but won't allow me to install the landscape patch, claiming the file has already been altered. For now, since I can't do it through Preware, I've manually altered the document-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $removing$ $the$ $return$; $line$, $but$ $I$'$d$ $rather$ $it$ $all$ $be$ $done$ $via$ $Preware$ $so$ $removal$ $is$ $easier$ $when$ $an$ $updated$ $WebOS$ $comes$ $out$. $What$'$s$ $the$ $easy$ $fix$?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Wouldn't you know before finally finding out about this, I had removed the extract patch. Problem is now I can't seem to find the necessary steps to remove both in such a way that Preware sees neither as ever being installed, allowing me to reinstall both without producing an error. From memory of about 5 hours ago, between uninstalling via Preware 0.9.2 and/or Quick Install 2.72, I've managed to make it so that Preware doesn't show either as being installed, and it will allow me to install the extract patch, but won't allow me to install the landscape patch, claiming the file has already been altered. For now, since I can't do it through Preware, I've manually altered the document-assistant.jsjsjs $file$, $removing$ $the$ $return$; $line$, $but$ $I$'$d$ $rather$ $it$ $all$ $be$ $done$ $via$ $Preware$ $so$ $removal$ $is$ $easier$ $when$ $an$ $updated$ $WebOS$ $comes$ $out$. $What$'$s$ $the$ $easy$ $fix$?

What status are you at right now with regards to what Preware sees as installed? We can get you into a good state pretty simply depending on where you are.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Preware/Patch Developers:

First a thousand thankyou's!

Can you help with these questions?

Why offer obsolete patches to a user?
    Amazon Store EVDO - Allow the Amazon Store to be used over EVDO
    Contact Multi-tone patch - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    Message Tone per Contact - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    obsolete Messaging Landscape - ERROR not working for me, use message-orientation patch

Do both of the patches need to be used together?
    PDF Viewer Enable Landscape
    Enables landscape mode in the PDF Viewer Application.
    Extract PdfViewer App - Extracts the PdfViewer Application so that it can be patched.

If this really does nothing but block a valid error message, why woudl we want users to have it?
    Fix Bug in Email App
    Fixes bug in _updateAccountsInfo() method in Email application that causes error when email app is loaded. This method and error seem to add no functionality to the email app so this 'bug fix' is really just to get rid of an error reported to stdout. No functionality should be changed.

What is the difference between these two:
    Message Tone Notifications - This will play a specified message tone for notifications.
    Message Tone Options - This will give you the ability to change the Alert tone and Notification tone in the Sounds & Alerts application. NOTE that the SMS Tone per Contact patch includes this exact functionality so this is not needed and will not install if that patch is installed.

Is this the bookmark patch? Note that this is still very much needed as the 1.2.1 patch only covered certain genre's but missed Classical, Opera, etc.
    musicplayer patch
    ???

Will the users understand what powerd or ssh is?
    Quiet powerd Messages
    This will silence the powerd messages. The powerd messages are the sleep/wake messages sent to ssh/terminal when the device sleeps or wakes.

Is this the old Roam Only Patch? Does it work with 1.2.1?
    Roam Only Patch
    ???

What is the Difference Between These Two Patches?
    Battery Icon as Percent
    This will replace the battery icon in the top bar with a color-coded percent number. Charging = Teal. 100%-70% = Green. 69%-45% = Yellow. = 44%-20% = Orange. 19%-0% = Red.
    Show Actual Battery Percent
    Shows the actual battery percent in the top bar rather than the gui percent mapping.

What is the Difference Between These Two Patches?
    Shutter Sound On/Off Button
    This will add a button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.
    Shutter Sound On/Off Button (Green)
    This will add a green button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.

Thank you!

Craig
    Thanks for the questions, Craig - they are all valid questions about a collection of random patches from many people with no incentive for organisation before now.

Since you're a moderator, can you please start a new thread (or even a new sub-forum) for discussion of patches, and then move this stuff out of the Preware application thread into that new thread?

Thanks,

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    What status are you at right now with regards to what Preware sees as installed? We can get you into a good state pretty simply depending on where you are.
    Shows the extract patch installed, but not the landscape patch. So I've manually edited the document-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $this$ $point$ $since$ $the$ $landscape$ $patch$ $refused$ $to$ $install$.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quick question: I have 9 patches installed - Add date to top bar, app launcher 4x4, calendar week view, call duration in call log, enable LED notifications, hide nascar app, hide sprinttv app, and messaging timestamps - and I have not yet updated to 1.2.1.

Do I need to remove all these patches before updating? I ask because a friend did not before updating to 1.2.1, and now says none of those patches work. Are patches the only thing that need to be removed before updating to the newest OS version?
    Last edited by Beefy; 10/05/2009 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Shows the extract patch installed, but not the landscape patch. So I've manually edited the document-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ $this$ $point$ $since$ $the$ $landscape$ $patch$ $refused$ $to$ $install$.

OK you should be able to remove the extract patch (will remove your modified file too), and then reinstall extract and then reinstall landscape.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Anyone? I'd like to update to 1.2.1. but I don't want to completely jack the patches I have installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I may just be blind, but I did not see a Donate Link on the front page. Am I missing it?
    Top right corner of Main Page - WebOS Internals or in the left-hand sidebar.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    OK you should be able to remove the extract patch (will remove your modified file too), and then reinstall extract and then reinstall landscape.
    Okay, Steps I did:
    1) Thru Preware, removed the extraction patch and restarted Luna
    2) Using Internalz, checked /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/ folder and it still existed but was empty
    3) Reinstalled the extraction patch via Preware and restarted Luna
    4) Using Internalz, checked /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/ folder and the folders/files were back
    5) Attempted to install the landscape patch and get error.
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation
    then it references document-assistant.jsjsjs $as$ $the$ $file$ $being$ $patched$
    ERROR: Patch already installed?

All steps I did are listed above, I did not leave any out. Now, when I was getting this before (6 hours ago) I Received document-assistant.jsjsjs $thru$ $Quick$ $Install$ $and$ $the$ $return$; $line$ $was$ $there$. $So$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $why$ $it$'$s$ $seeing$ $it$ $as$ $already$ $being$ $patched$. $I$'$m$ $baffled$ $since$ $it$ $appears$ $to$ $delete$ $and$ $then$ $rebuild$ $the$ $directory$ $and$ $files$ $when$ $removing$ $and$ $adding$ $the$ $extraction$ $patch$.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Are we looking at getting an updated Package Manager due to the problems it has been causeing with downloads from the App store?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmyrick View Post
    Hello

I have been trying to figure this out for days with no avail. I have browsed a million forums and webpages. here is whats going on.

I have WebOS Quick Install up and running, Novacom as well. My Pre is in Dev mode and using the just charge option.

I cannot get preware to function on the phone. I install the Package manager first, followed by Preware. When preware opens it says your package manager is not running, are you sure you installed? If you did install reboot your phone. Rebooting does nothing. Same error. When I do an ipkg log in preware it says org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running.

I am running webos 1.2.1. I can boot Windows 7, Mac OS 10.6.1 or Linux Ubuntu 9.04. But have been trying on my Linux machine. Any ideas...I have run completely out. Oh yeh, EPR appears to do nothing as well.

Thanks for the time!

Keaton
    Try installing the Package Manager after installing Preware. I had to do this to get it to work - I had the exact same issue as you. I also didn't have to reboot the phone after doing that either, it went offline for a few seconds then came back on. I haven't had any errors or issues since.