Page 91 of 305 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6094
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM313 View Post
    can't send vids in the audio an video message patch......
    sorry.....we can send short vidz.
    Last edited by KAM313; 10/05/2009 at 09:57 AM.
    is Enable Hidden Clock NOT working or is it just me?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I loaded the add delete pages and disable charging alert but they are not working. When I try to remove them I am getting this:

can someone help me?

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by floridadomer; 10/05/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    I just removed preware using preware and when I go home I'm going to try and reinstall it using webosqi. I've had nothing but problems with PreWare since the update to 1.2.1.
    if i were u...ide remove both package manager service + preware than install them back again...not just preware but both
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

im having trouble with installing preware using quikinstall i dowloaded quikinstall and webos doctor and everytimei try to connect with quikinstal the error box pops up "no device detected" i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it on my computer and it still does not work any help?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Soon I will go through this process:
    1. Make a list of all of the patches that I have installed.
    2. Install EPR to remove them all.
    3. Update to 1.2.1.
    4. Go through that list re-installing each patch.

Probably have to do that for every future upgrade too.

Can Preware help with steps 1 and 4? Granted, some patches might not be compatible and might fail to re-install. On some other version upgrade, some prior patches might become unnecessary, and thus shouldn't be reinstalled. But in general I'll likely want to get my Pre back to the state it was in before the upgrade.

Maybe a button to store the list of installed patches, and post-upgrade a way to bring up that list as if it were a feed (or category or whatever) of its own.

There are just so many patches, and quite a few with very similar names, that I'd like a little help from the phone.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    When isntalling the "view all day events in month" patch, it does not work.
    After installing the patch even the timed events won't show in month view until you remove the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    if i were u...ide remove both package manager service + preware than install them back again...not just preware but both
    doing that now and going for the reinstall...

EDIT:So far so good, I saw the available patches there(not grayed out) so im trying the VK to make sure it works. Next I'll be looking to see is i can get autopatch working.

EDIT2:I have the IPKG category and the PreYourMind feed, but I see no autopatch, hmm..
    Last edited by justkeptfading; 10/05/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    I tried to do as you have suggested but I still do not see the Virtual Keyboard. Any other suggestions, please.......
    Thanks
    Just installed Preware from WebOSQI and went to use it, an error comes up and tells me the Package Manager Service is not running. I have it installed and have rebooted my phone so that the icon disappears and still Preware won't recognize it. Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem and a solution. I have tried uninstalling both and reinstalling, but still doesn't work. Have installed many patches through WebOSQI with no problems.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilly1384 View Post
    im having trouble with installing preware using quikinstall i dowloaded quikinstall and webos doctor and everytimei try to connect with quikinstal the error box pops up "no device detected" i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it on my computer and it still does not work any help?
    Is your Pre in Developer Mode, and are you connecting to your computer via "Just Charge?"
    I just installed tweaks from the latest version of WebOS QI and now when I look at the available updates in Preware, 2 of those patches are listed as having updates. When I click on them all it says is Remove. There is no option to update. Is this a known compatability issue? Also, it's not all of my tweaks, it is only the Add/Delete Launcher pages and Enable Dialpad Vibration.
    autopatch isn't in my available patches. I have ipkg for feeds but all that comes up is "jewishcontent"...

any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    I loaded the add delete pages and disable charging alert but they are not working. When I try to remove them I am getting this:

can someone help me?

PLEASE HELP!!!
    anybody????? Please!!!!
    Preware/Patch Developers:

First a thousand thankyou's!

Can you help with these questions?

Why offer obsolete patches to a user?
    • Amazon Store EVDO - Allow the Amazon Store to be used over EVDO
    • Contact Multi-tone patch - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    • Message Tone per Contact - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    • obsolete Messaging Landscape - ERROR not working for me, use message-orientation patch

Do both of the patches need to be used together?
    • PDF Viewer Enable Landscape
    Enables landscape mode in the PDF Viewer Application.
    • Extract PdfViewer App - Extracts the PdfViewer Application so that it can be patched.

If this really does nothing but block a valid error message, why woudl we want users to have it?
    • Fix Bug in Email App
    Fixes bug in _updateAccountsInfo() method in Email application that causes error when email app is loaded. This method and error seem to add no functionality to the email app so this 'bug fix' is really just to get rid of an error reported to stdout. No functionality should be changed.

What is the difference between these two:
    • Message Tone Notifications - This will play a specified message tone for notifications.
    • Message Tone Options - This will give you the ability to change the Alert tone and Notification tone in the Sounds & Alerts application. NOTE that the SMS Tone per Contact patch includes this exact functionality so this is not needed and will not install if that patch is installed.

Is this the bookmark patch? Note that this is still very much needed as the 1.2.1 patch only covered certain genre's but missed Classical, Opera, etc.
    • musicplayer patch
    ???

Will the users understand what powerd or ssh is?
    • Quiet powerd Messages
    This will silence the powerd messages. The powerd messages are the sleep/wake messages sent to ssh/terminal when the device sleeps or wakes.

Is this the old Roam Only Patch? Does it work with 1.2.1?
    • Roam Only Patch
    ???

What is the Difference Between These Two Patches?
    • Battery Icon as Percent
    This will replace the battery icon in the top bar with a color-coded percent number. Charging = Teal. 100%-70% = Green. 69%-45% = Yellow. = 44%-20% = Orange. 19%-0% = Red.
    • Show Actual Battery Percent
    Shows the actual battery percent in the top bar rather than the gui percent mapping.

• Shutter Sound On/Off Button
    This will add a button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.
    • Shutter Sound On/Off Button (Green)
    This will add a green button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.

Thank you!

Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    I just installed tweaks from the latest version of WebOS QI and now when I look at the available updates in Preware, 2 of those patches are listed as having updates. When I click on them all it says is Remove. There is no option to update. Is this a known compatability issue? Also, it's not all of my tweaks, it is only the Add/Delete Launcher pages and Enable Dialpad Vibration.
    To answer your question directly, this is the way it is supposed to work. Even if you had installed these patches with Preware, the updates would still require an uninstall and reinstallation of the updated patch.

This is different than the way applications are updated. This is because patches modify base system files and the updated patch cannot just overwrite the older version, the older ones first need to be backed out.

Regarding compatibility... as far as I've heard and seen, Preware and WOSQI should be fully compatible and you should be able to use either to intall / remove patches. I, for one, will most likely try to use Preware for the most part (though I love WOSQI and I'll continue to use it for file management, etc..) However, today I did find that "Browser Multi-mod" would not work when installed from Preware, but the same tweak worked fine when installed from WOSQI--checkmark on the System Mods tab, not the Online Repository tab. Given this case, when it comes time for removing tweaks again (next WebOS update), I'm going to be careful to uninstall patches installed with WOSQI using WOSQI and then uninstall patches installed via Preware by running the EPR (Emergency Patch Removal) patch.
    now the autopatch feed is there but I'm getting an Error 4 when trying to install
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Preware/Patch Developers:

First a thousand thankyou's!

Can you help with these questions?

Why offer obsolete patches to a user?
    Amazon Store EVDO - Allow the Amazon Store to be used over EVDO
    Contact Multi-tone patch - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    Message Tone per Contact - Obsolete - Use SMS Tone per Contact
    obsolete Messaging Landscape - ERROR not working for me, use message-orientation patch

Rod was on vacation and I didn't have admin access to the feed so I couldn't remove the obsolete packages. Thanks for bringing this up, we will get them removed tonight.

Do both of the patches need to be used together?
    PDF Viewer Enable Landscape
    Enables landscape mode in the PDF Viewer Application.
    Extract PdfViewer App - Extracts the PdfViewer Application so that it can be patched.
    Yes, I threw it together quickly last night. The landscape patch depends on the extract. We will eventually have working advanced dependencies to run scripts and then this can be automated better. I forgot to put dependency metadata for removal protection, will fix tonight. For now you must install extract and THEN landscape, and to remove you must NOT remove extract while landscape is installed.

If this really does nothing but block a valid error message, why woudl we want users to have it?
    Fix Bug in Email App
    Fixes bug in _updateAccountsInfo() method in Email application that causes error when email app is loaded. This method and error seem to add no functionality to the email app so this 'bug fix' is really just to get rid of an error reported to stdout. No functionality should be changed.
    The error message is not valid, it's a javascript error trying to access a method on an undefined object. The function creating the error has no functional impact on the app, but the error is still due to a bug in the javascript.

What is the difference between these two:
    Message Tone Notifications - This will play a specified message tone for notifications.
    Message Tone Options - This will give you the ability to change the Alert tone and Notification tone in the Sounds & Alerts application. NOTE that the SMS Tone per Contact patch includes this exact functionality so this is not needed and will not install if that patch is installed.
    Not sure, will look into it tonight.

Is this the bookmark patch? Note that this is still very much needed as the 1.2.1 patch only covered certain genre's but missed Classical, Opera, etc.
    musicplayer patch
    ???
    Thank you for this, I was under the impression that the bookmark patch was obsoleted by 1.2. I will check it out.

Will the users understand what powerd or ssh is?
    Quiet powerd Messages
    This will silence the powerd messages. The powerd messages are the sleep/wake messages sent to ssh/terminal when the device sleeps or wakes.
    Some will, some won't. It is very useful for people who use the terminal app or any ssh in.

Is this the old Roam Only Patch? Does it work with 1.2.1?
    Roam Only Patch
    ???
    It offers the same functionality as the roam control patch in category phone preferences. This duplicated patch (Roam Only Patch) will be removed from the ipk feed.

Battery Icon as Percent
    This will replace the battery icon in the top bar with a color-coded percent number. Charging = Teal. 100%-70% = Green. 69%-45% = Yellow. = 44%-20% = Orange. 19%-0% = Red.
    Show Actual Battery Percent
    Shows the actual battery percent in the top bar rather than the gui percent mapping.
    The first one replaces the battery icon with a xxx% number in the top right. The second one changes what is displayed as percent (in device menu drop down) from the gui mapping (which maps a range of actual percentages, for instance 97 will show as 100 by default).

Shutter Sound On/Off Button
    This will add a button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.
    Shutter Sound On/Off Button (Green)
    This will add a green button in the Camera application that will allow you to turn the shutter sound On and Off.
    The icon used as the button in the camera app. The first one uses a grayish icon and the latter one uses a green colored icon. This will be better seen when we have all the screenshots added to the ipk metadata.

Thank you!

Craig
    Anytime, good questions

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    However, today I did find that "Browser Multi-mod" would not work when installed from Preware, but the same tweak worked fine when installed from WOSQI--checkmark on the System Mods tab, not the Online Repository tab. Given this case, when it comes time for removing tweaks again (next WebOS update), I'm going to be careful to uninstall patches installed with WOSQI using WOSQI and then uninstall patches installed via Preware by running the EPR (Emergency Patch Removal) patch.

That's not good, I will do some digging. Please report any further discrepancies to me, thank you.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    What part of the mod wouldn't work?

I am getting a error below when I try to Download anything, but streaming and shortcuts work fine.
    "
    template load failed:
    download/download-container.html "

I also can't seem to find that file(download-container.html) in, what I am assuming, is the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download folder

Can anyone post theirs? Thanks.
    BTW I have done a partial wipe and many uninstalls and resets.