Page 9 of 305 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I installed Preware (and Package Service) on a friend's new Pre a few minutes ago and rebooted it.

Preware launches but just says "loading" I restarted it several times and let it load for 5 minutes, still nothing is loading (the "EV" stops blinking/white after a few seconds). The phone browses the 'net with any problems.

I also noticed that on my Pre, the over the last few days I have to start, close and restart Preware about 3 times before it loads apps.

Any ideas?
    Is the Pre running OS 1.1.0?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Is the Pre running OS 1.1.0?
    AH HA!! I assumed my friend's Pre was new, but it was a refurb with 1.0.2 on it.

He's updating now . . .

Good eye!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I installed Preware last night and it's great. No more space limits.

Question: Any links to how to UnInstall root tweaks?
    I installed the Roam Only and My FlashLight tweaks via command line and want to take them out and re-install via PreWare. Can't find any uninstall directions, only the install.
    Or do I have to use WebOSDoc to restore my Pre an start from scratch?
    I've tried uninstalling MyFlashlight thru WebOSQuickinstall, but it does'nt remove it completely and causes problems afterwards.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I sent my phone to the doctor last night and now when i try to reinstall the virtual keyboard with Preware it does nothing. The log says it already is there. So i close out of the application and reopen and I get the option to remove it but when I double tap on the gesture area in a text area the keyboard doesn't work. I then try to remove it via preware and in the log it just says "Confirm".

Any ideas?
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    WebOS Quick Install and Preware are specifically designed to be able to cleanly uninstall what they install. That's the benefit you get from using a real package manager on the device, rather than some script that an individual package author gives you.

If something goes wrong, you always need to use the webOS Doctor before going to Sprint or Palm anyway. You shouldn't take any device with any custom modifications still on it to them.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the reply... I think you've sold me that the preware is safe. One last q? Does we Os doctor do the same as a hard reset or does it just fix what's needed? I've got a program running in classic (palm os emulater) that was a little bit of a pain to get moved over and working. I'm hoping NOT to have to do it again since I'd have to do it again. So if weOs doctor is similar to a hard reset I might rethink.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I sent my phone to the doctor last night and now when i try to reinstall the virtual keyboard with Preware it does nothing. The log says it already is there. So i close out of the application and reopen and I get the option to remove it but when I double tap on the gesture area in a text area the keyboard doesn't work. I then try to remove it via preware and in the log it just says "Confirm".

Any ideas?
    I had the same thing.. but after i hit remove then installed it.. worked like a charm.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire11 View Post
    Thanks for the reply... I think you've sold me that the preware is safe. One last q? Does we Os doctor do the same as a hard reset or does it just fix what's needed? I've got a program running in classic (palm os emulater) that was a little bit of a pain to get moved over and working. I'm hoping NOT to have to do it again since I'd have to do it again. So if weOs doctor is similar to a hard reset I might rethink.
    The Dr. gets you back to stock (1.03, I believe).
    its a little more hardcore then hard reset... changes the phone back to factory settings
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    its a little more hardcore then hard reset... changes the phone back to factory settings
    So any downloaded apps are gone?
    So any downloaded apps are gone?
    Right... and mods and everything.. in fact you will need to reupdate your pre to 1.1.0. But rooting and reinstalling apps and mods is super easy now adays.. i just did a wb os dr 2 nights ago... and it really was not that big of a deal. maybe dedicate a good 2 hours to getting back to where you were before. probably less i am over estimating.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I had the same thing.. but after i hit remove then installed it.. worked like a charm.
    Yea i tried rebooting and everything, so i had to just remove it via webos quick install and add it that way.

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thank you for this App. I am amazed at what you and everyone else has accomplished
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    grrr now my phone keeps going into offline every 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    grrr now my phone keeps going into offline every 5 seconds.
    Thats so weird I cant imagine what would be causing that. is there any other tweaks you have done? maybe try going into phone apps preferences and update networks settings.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I found out it is Webos Quick installer doing it. I have to use the installer because preware cannot remove/install the patches or services for me.

how do i bring up the virtual keyboard? i installed it but cant figure out how to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMiller613 View Post
    how do i bring up the virtual keyboard? i installed it but cant figure out how to use it.
    double tap gesture area when ur in a txt message or anywhere where there's a cursor
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    double tap the right gesture area i believe
  19.    #179  
    v0.8.0 has been released!

Now includes screenshots & descriptions.

(sadly, it currently only shows one screenshot for apps from precentral until they update their feed.)
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    v0.8.0 has been released!

Now includes screenshots & descriptions.

(sadly, it currently only shows one screenshot for apps from precentral until they update their feed.)
    cool i was able to update directly from Preware,,,right now its loading...

EDIT: wow the screenshots look nice....damn good job guys!!!