Page 87 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 6094
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Oh I know its a dumb question but to make sure I can't install the patches first and then install the update for OS1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Yeah I wondering because one of the patches messed up my email app so I removed all the patches because just removing the emails patches did nothing. So I ran WebOSrepair (greatest idea ever!!!!) and it fixed the problem without having to erase the whole phone! But now its like a virgin without the patches and the update keeps poping up on my phone for os1.2.1! So what should I do: ignore the update, install the patches one by one just to remove them again for the updates for 1.2.1 or just install os1.2.1 and sit there for an update? I'm lost
    The landscape email patch cause menus in the email app to break for me (caused by brother not to be able to reply). I installed WebOS Quick Install and just did all of the patches through there. Works like a charm. All of the ones I have (except landscape email) work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by justkeptfading View Post
    I'm not sure if the patches don't work with 1.2.1...I just don't see ANY patches at all on Preware
    http://www.precentral.net/preware-ga...ifications-mix

"
    In Preware (installed via webOS Quick Install), select Available Applications and drop down to the IPKG category.
    Select autopatch-feed.
    "
    That should help you see all of the patches

Well the keyboard patch is only found on preware if I'm not mistaken?
    or through WebOS Quick install
    Last edited by adma84; 10/04/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Oh I know its a dumb question but to make sure I can't install the patches first and then install the update for OS1.2.1?
    NO, make sure you remove all patches first! You will still be able to patch after 1.2.1!
    I'm not sure if the patches don't work with 1.2.1...I just don't see ANY patches at all on Preware
    Well the keyboard patch is only found on preware if I'm not mistaken?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I don't have the IPKG category in the available applications on PreWare...
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I don't have the IPKG category in the available applications on PreWare...
    just go to All then, and search for autopatch
    typing "auto" into the list does nothing as well. Brings up nothing.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    typing "auto" into the list does nothing as well. Brings up nothing.
    you must not have the latest version of Preware?
    Mine is listed as 0.9.1
    yes, I have v0.9.1. Looking at it right now
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    not sure what's going on. Just use WebOS Quick Install...I know that will work...

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    I have an email problem like the guy on page 77 had, currently when you click on the ly an email only a header opens. There is no text in the email. He said he ran the webos repair that fixed the problem

My problem is im at 1.2.1 and the repair says it does not work on 1.2.1....
    What do I do?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Ok all good! I did the update and able to put all my patches and favs back on without any problems!!! Thanks everyone!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    I have an email problem like the guy on page 77 had, currently when you click on the ly an email only a header opens. There is no text in the email. He said he ran the webos repair that fixed the problem

My problem is im at 1.2.1 and the repair says it does not work on 1.2.1....
    What do I do?
    Sorry I ran the repair when I just had 1.2 and it worked then but Jason said once webosdoc 1.2.1 is out he'll update the repair kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    not sure what's going on. Just use WebOS Quick Install...I know that will work...

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-7-beyond.html
    now im using webosqi and going to web os internals all and trying that to install the virtual keyboard. my virtual keyboard wont come up. nor did using the date at top bar patch.

i have no idea why none of this is working...

everything was going fine until all of this.

hmmm..

if you go to available applications -> feeds, do you see PreYourMind? If not you can manually add the pym feed or reinstall the package manager service with QI to get it back. And then you should find the autopatch-feed package from the preyourmind feed

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Sorry I ran the repair when I just had 1.2 and it worked then but Jason said once webosdoc 1.2.1 is out he'll update the repair kit.
    I went to webos QI and clicked the email in landscape and let my phone reset and then I clicked the box again. Luna restarted and everythings fine, except now email don't landscape
    Last edited by mracer29; 10/04/2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: cause I can't type lol
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure where to post this....this screenshot is from webOS quick install thinking i wasnt gonna have any problems but i get the same error here when i tried in Preware trying to put the avatar

Edit: do i need to restore those files again or wut?
    so i guess no one knows about this?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure where to post this....this screenshot is from webOS quick install thinking i wasnt gonna have any problems but i get the same error here when i tried in Preware trying to put the avatar

Edit: do i need to restore those files again or wut?

Try running EPR first, do you have any other messaging patches installed that might conflict?

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Try running EPR first, do you have any other messaging patches installed that might conflict?
    i wouldnt know i will check but if i did wouldnt it give me an error?

update: i already installed the EPR and rebooted...waiting to c if this works

update 2: hey emoney...it worked ran the EPR and i installed the avatar first thru webOS quick install and no errors...now ima install the rest of the patches thru preware...thanks for ur advise!
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 10/04/2009 at 03:58 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    hey emoney is there a conflict btw message forwarding and avatar...bc after i ran the epr...rebooted used quick install to install the avatar...no problems went to preware started applying patches...all worked except message forwarding gave me an error...weird huh or wut?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!