Page 86 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 6094
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My email is working anymore I used the patches for the email app but now it pulls up the main screen but the drop downs aren't working i've unistalled all the patches but nothing works, any ideas anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mracer29 View Post
    Sorry if its already been answered but, on the patch "veiw call history" how do you access the call log? It says through the app menu???
    Had me stumped too

It's in the PhoneDialer: When you are "in" a call, you can tap "Sprint" in Upper-left corner... drops down and you'll see "Call History"
    Thanks man!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Any way to uninstall preware patches after installing them? Say I dont want the default month view of calendar. Is there a way to remove them? Thanks...
    Just go back to the patch you have installed in the patch list and it will have a remove button instead of install, or go into installed packages and find it there. You will see a remove button.
    Hi,

The LED notification doesn't seem to work properly with missed calls. It seems that I have to check the phone first and then turn off the screen and then the LED starts blinking. Note: I have a simple PIN screen lock set up also.

Seems to work instantly when a text message comes through but not a missed call.

Already tried rebooting the phone. Can anyone else duplicate this or get it to work properly with missed calls? I searched this thread but didn't find any answers.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antmf View Post
    Any way to uninstall preware patches after installing them? Say I dont want the default month view of calendar. Is there a way to remove them? Thanks...
    In most cases, yes, everything installed with Preware can be easily uninstalled. To uninstall patches, go back into Preware, select the area for Installed Packages, select patch, then select specific patch, then select remove.

That said, I have found some items I've been unable to remove. I installed the Flashlight service with Preware and have been entirely unable to remove it. Every time I try to remove it, it says "Service removal probably failed".

Not a huge deal, but it's still not perfect.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    if you have multiple themes downloaded, how can switch between them in Preware?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    In most cases, yes, everything installed with Preware can be easily uninstalled. To uninstall patches, go back into Preware, select the area for Installed Packages, select patch, then select specific patch, then select remove.

That said, I have found some items I've been unable to remove. I installed the Flashlight service with Preware and have been entirely unable to remove it. Every time I try to remove it, it says "Service removal probably failed".

Not a huge deal, but it's still not perfect.
    use webos quick install.....work for me
    you can also run emergency patch recovery and it will remove all patches
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Hi,

The LED notification doesn't seem to work properly with missed calls. It seems that I have to check the phone first and then turn off the screen and then the LED starts blinking. Note: I have a simple PIN screen lock set up also.

Seems to work instantly when a text message comes through but not a missed call.

Already tried rebooting the phone. Can anyone else duplicate this or get it to work properly with missed calls? I searched this thread but didn't find any answers.

Thanks!
    Yeah, it was discussed a little in one of the LED Notification-specific threads. Seems to just be the way it is for now.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    if you have multiple themes downloaded, how can switch between them in Preware?
    No, but then again... downloading (installing) multiple themes is a no-no.
    I downloaded webos quick install 2.7, the one compatible with 1.2.1 and have preware 0.9.1 and I see no patches in Preware. That area is greyed out. Any help??
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So the patches dont work with os1.2.1?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    So the patches dont work with os1.2.1?
    a lot of them do work. All of the ones I have tried from WebOS Quick install work. Not all of the ones available via Preware work. Check here for the safest way to verify.

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Adma84,

Did you try the vituralKeyboard?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjack View Post
    Adma84,

Did you try the vituralKeyboard?
    not on 1.2.1 yet. My wife uses it on hers, but I haven't tried to reinstall on 1.2.1. Worked fine on 1.2 though...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yeah I wondering because one of the patches messed up my email app so I removed all the patches because just removing the emails patches did nothing. So I ran WebOSrepair (greatest idea ever!!!!) and it fixed the problem without having to erase the whole phone! But now its like a virgin without the patches and the update keeps poping up on my phone for os1.2.1! So what should I do: ignore the update, install the patches one by one just to remove them again for the updates for 1.2.1 or just install os1.2.1 and sit there for an update? I'm lost
    I'm not sure if the patches don't work with 1.2.1...I just don't see ANY patches at all on Preware
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Well the keyboard patch is only found on preware if I'm not mistaken?