Page 85 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by whipple View Post
    Can you double check that in device info make sure it not 1.2.0,because when I upgraded to 1.2.1 I get an error in fowarding also .

Yeah I am on 1.2.1 for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    install the autopatch feed....

open up preware, available packages, feed, all, autopatch-feed, install
    close preware, open preware.

Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Oh, me, too, I'd love to upload the patch I made that shows both the battery percentage and the date in the top bar. (Installing one otherwise uninstalls the other because they're both in the same file.)
    they both work fine for me. only problem I have is when you try to get the actual battery percentage shown and have the battery percent or battery percent and icon patches installed.

Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Does anyone have a how-to for creating patches to upload in Preware?

I would like to create patches for hiding the Sprint app, changing the names of a couple apps to make them shorter and fit better in the 4x4 view (Sprint Navigation, Sounds & Ringtones, DeveloperMode, etc), and making a battery percentage mod to show the percentage in white all the time.
    http://webos-internals.org

Quote Originally Posted by achvala1 View Post
    I installed the message tone options patch and the message tone per contact patch. Neiter of them seem to be working.....does anyone have any ideas why or having the same problem. Thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-contact.html
    Last edited by hmagoo; 10/04/2009 at 05:41 AM.
    Did the patches just change feeds or are they really updated and need to be re-installed.
    I doubt they are really updated (there isn't much to update usually), but those types of things bug me so I'm going to re-install them over time..
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I haven't yet wrote up the documentation for it and we can't get anybody repository access until Rod comes back.
    I'm back, and this is now sorted.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro27405 View Post
    Did the patches just change feeds or are they really updated and need to be re-installed.
    which patches?
    my 20 are...

Message Tone per Contact
    Add/Del pages in launcher
    Batt icon and %
    call duration in log
    char count in mess
    confirm email del
    enable hidden clock
    enable led notifications
    phone radio power
    smile faces in symbol box
    shutter sound on/off
    messaging timestamps
    hide nascar
    enable landscape email
    enable dialpad haptic
    charging alert disable
    cam capture wit vol rocker
    calender month view default
    app launcher 5x4
    add date to top bar no year
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    download in web-mp3z work now......thankz for that update........
    Message Tone per Contact
    is deprecated/not going to be used..

you should install SMS tone per contact instead

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...r-contact.html

most of the other patches were simply updated with descriptions or renamed, but maybe one or two of them was updated. you probably need to update though, in case they are changed. (remove and install)
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this has been answered here already, but I'm afraid my phone is going to download and install 1.2.1 for me automatically, so I want to get an answer as quickly as possible, this thread is pretty long, and I haven't had much luck with searching in the past -- either returns nothing or too much.

I've added new launcher pages with the associated patch. What happens if I remove the patch without removing the launcher pages I added? Do those app icons get moved to the first page? Do they get left in place? Or do I actually "orphan" some apps?

Further, even if things are OK after removing the patch, and it leaves the pages, what happens if I then install the WebOS update? Anyone ever tried that? I just finished getting things organized how I wanted them when they released 1.2.1, which doesn't have anything that it looks like I care about, since I don't use EAS, which is really frustrating.

Preware is *awesome*, BTW! I decided to try it rather than wait for the new WebOSQI to get my tweaks back after 1.2, and I wish I'd tried it sooner.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

-- robert
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been answered here already, but I'm afraid my phone is going to download and install 1.2.1 for me automatically, so I want to get an answer as quickly as possible, this thread is pretty long, and I haven't had much luck with searching in the past -- either returns nothing or too much.

I've added new launcher pages with the associated patch. What happens if I remove the patch without removing the launcher pages I added? Do those app icons get moved to the first page? Do they get left in place? Or do I actually "orphan" some apps?

Further, even if things are OK after removing the patch, and it leaves the pages, what happens if I then install the WebOS update? Anyone ever tried that? I just finished getting things organized how I wanted them when they released 1.2.1, which doesn't have anything that it looks like I care about, since I don't use EAS, which is really frustrating.

Preware is *awesome*, BTW! I decided to try it rather than wait for the new WebOSQI to get my tweaks back after 1.2, and I wish I'd tried it sooner.

-- robert
    If you have added pages with the patch and then remove the patch to add/delete pages, the pages you have already added remain. If you reinstall the patch, you will simply gain the ability to add/delete pages again. No issues. I did this last night.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmingee View Post

-- robert
    Geez, sorry to bother, I did in fact do a quick search after posting, and found this exact question had already been answered. I've really got to work on my patience . Thanks, and sorry for the noise!

-- robert
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    If you have added pages with the patch and then remove the patch to add/delete pages, the pages you have already added remain. If you reinstall the patch, you will simply gain the ability to add/delete pages again. No issues. I did this last night.
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! You even answered me before I managed to complete my search and issue a retraction of the question.

I've removed all my patches, now I'm off to let it get 1.2.1.

-- robert
    Preware is great! Quick question is there any reason why some homebrew apps dont show like Feeds app in the precentral feed? Just wondering. Thank you for any help.
    OK why are the repositories not showing up...what am i doing wrong.....it wont let me add anything just shows what i have installed already
    Did you install the autopatch feed?
    I am having trouble with the patch, show percent and battery icon. I have the patch installed and it was working. I uninstalled a theme I had and the percentage disappeared. When I try to remove the patch it shows error removing (4).
    Can anyone help me through fixing this issue. I am mainly concerned because I am picking up a new pre this week.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmoore View Post
    I am having trouble with the patch, show percent and battery icon. I have the patch installed and it was working. I uninstalled a theme I had and the percentage disappeared. When I try to remove the patch it shows error removing (4).
    Can anyone help me through fixing this issue. I am mainly concerned because I am picking up a new pre this week.
    install EPR then remove it
    Sorry if its already been answered but, on the patch "veiw call history" how do you access the call log? It says through the app menu???
    not sure where to post this....this screenshot is from webOS quick install thinking i wasnt gonna have any problems but i get the same error here when i tried in Preware trying to put the avatar

Edit: do i need to restore those files again or wut?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!