Page 84 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.t View Post
    Will i loose my pics if i run the doctor?
    yes.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ok i managed to save everything and running the doc now. After i log back in where should i start first. And thanks a bunch guys for your help.
    I have had absolutely no problems with WOSQI and actually just installed the latest version 2.6 (from 2.03) a few minutes ago and it works fine too.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I installed the message tone options patch and the message tone per contact patch. Neiter of them seem to be working.....does anyone have any ideas why or having the same problem. Thanks
    maybe u have something installed already thats doing the same thing but more...i got the same problem...im not going crazy over it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I also tried them with only one installed at a time and that did not work either
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a how-to for creating patches to upload in Preware?

I would like to create patches for hiding the Sprint app, changing the names of a couple apps to make them shorter and fit better in the 4x4 view (Sprint Navigation, Sounds & Ringtones, DeveloperMode, etc), and making a battery percentage mod to show the percentage in white all the time.
    can anybody help me....i cant remove the keyboard patch or any other patch for that matter....
    i had the same problem....
    What I would like to do is to remove web os quick install, totally, from my pc as well as palm novacom and web os doc. How do I actually do that? Once that's done I'll try and start from scratch to see if Palm has really decided to stone wall us all with this nonsense. Any and all help removing these items from my hard drive so that I can re install later would be most appreciated. Thanks to all for your insight and I hope that i can find out more for you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoney37 View Post
    What I would like to do is to remove web os quick install, totally, from my pc as well as palm novacom and web os doc. How do I actually do that? Once that's done I'll try and start from scratch to see if Palm has really decided to stone wall us all with this nonsense. Any and all help removing these items from my hard drive so that I can re install later would be most appreciated. Thanks to all for your insight and I hope that i can find out more for you all.
    I read your previous post and think you may be a little paranoid. What kind of nonsense is Palm stonewalling you and only you about? There are hundreds of us using Homebrew apps without any issues.

To answer your question, I think you can just delete the folder with WebOS Doctor and WebOS Quick install. Assuming you are using Windows, you can then go into control panel, add/remove programs and remove Novacomd. Then reboot your PC and re-install your tin foil hat.

What homebrew apps have you installed? Maybe one of them is giving you a problem, or maybe your phone has a hardware issue. You should at least run WebOS Doctor to get your phone back to factory settings before jumping to conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post

I would like to create patches for hiding the Sprint app, changing the names of a couple apps to make them shorter and fit better in the 4x4 view (Sprint Navigation, Sounds & Ringtones, DeveloperMode, etc), and making a battery percentage mod to show the percentage in white all the time.
    Oh, me, too, I'd love to upload the patch I made that shows both the battery percentage and the date in the top bar. (Installing one otherwise uninstalls the other because they're both in the same file.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kind of annoying to see the package updates section filled up with patch updates when they're already working correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post

I haven't yet wrote up the documentation for it and we can't get anybody repository access until Rod comes back. But I would be happy to get any patch into the repo, autobuilder and feed for you in the meantime. Join us on IRC #webos-internals.

Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Oh, me, too, I'd love to upload the patch I made that shows both the battery percentage and the date in the top bar. (Installing one otherwise uninstalls the other because they're both in the same file.)
    The date in top bar and and battery percentage patches do NOT conflict. You can install them both at the same time (I just did). They touch the same file but in different places of the file so therefore are compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Kind of annoying to see the package updates section filled up with patch updates when they're already working correctly.

The price you pay for using a leaked alpha feed. :P

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.t View Post
    Will i loose my pics if i run the doctor?
    EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    If your having trouble with preware and just see the spinning circle turn off your wifi and restart your phone then try with wifi off. For me preware only works with wifi off. And if i try it once with it on i have to restart.
    I too experienced the endless update loop when I first installed preware. My problem was resolved by removing and 1) reinstalling Package Manager Service and 2) installing the preware (i.e., original instruction on p.1). Works fine with wifi enabled.

WebOS1.2 WebOSQI2.6
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I keep getting error 4 trying to install message forwarding now after the 1.2.1 update. Was working fine before. I unstalled all patches prior to updating. Anyone else having issues? I started not to do this darn update. Phone was near perfect for my needs well except video recorder which willl be here one day
    At the time of this posting. the message forwarding patch has not been certified to work on 1.21 firmware. It probably will be updated soon. Check this page for a listing of all the patches that work with various firmware:

Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    i saw the huge list of patches available in preware but when i open the application the option for available patches is greyed out. What gives. Any help appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    I keep getting error 4 trying to install message forwarding now after the 1.2.1 update. Was working fine before. I unstalled all patches prior to updating. Anyone else having issues? I started not to do this darn update. Phone was near perfect for my needs well except video recorder which willl be here one day

I actually have message forwarding patch on my Pre right now. Put it the same night that 1.2.1 came out. Works fine for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    I actually have message forwarding patch on my Pre right now. Put it the same night that 1.2.1 came out. Works fine for me.
    Can you double check that in device info make sure it not 1.2.0,because when I upgraded to 1.2.1 I get an error in fowarding also .