Page 83 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 6094
    I made the mistake of removing my patches by running the WebOS Repair Utility then updating to WebOS 1.2.1. Now when I run Preware, I still see all of my patches listed as installed. I removed then reinstalled Preware but the list is still there. Is there a list of patches stored that I can delete or some otherway where I can reinstall my patches again?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I made the mistake of removing my patches by running the WebOS Repair Utility then updating to WebOS 1.2.1. Now when I run Preware, I still see all of my patches listed as installed. I removed then reinstalled Preware but the list is still there. Is there a list of patches stored that I can delete or some otherway where I can reinstall my patches again?
    Did you try using EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery). It is in the patch section of Preware.
    Thanks for the quick response Twosted. I just ran EPR and it came back and said no patches found, but I have 16 patch updates listed in Preware. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Thanks for the quick response Twosted. I just ran EPR and it came back and said no patches found, but I have 16 patch updates listed in Preware. Any ideas?
    Did you restart? You won't see them disappear from preware after EPR until you restart.
    Twosted, I forgot that I renamed /var/usr/lib/.webosinternals.patch to something else. When I restored that directory, installed EPR, and rebooted, all came back fine. I am now reinstalling my patches. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Remember Autopatch is in alpha and you guys are using it because it was leaked :P

The updates are just for descriptions/titles/categories No functional changes.
    I understand that, so if I want to clear my available updates list, my only option is to uninstall all of them and reinstall'em one by one, am I right?
    NO!!!

Look for a new, pretty white colored patch - it will remove ALL the old patches and phone is back to normal after a reset. Then you do have to re install them one by one, but hell it's frickin' awesome now - the patches all have descriptions and they don't require a restart after each one, like the older way.

Edit - This is my 500th post, in like a few years, lol. Hit the THANKS Button!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Am reinstalling them by hand too. I don't like 28 things in my 'updates' list.
    Autopatch is the greatest thing to happen to the pre since quickinstall.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I had the same problem they still showed up in after the EPR but i noticed they where off the phone so i upgraded to 1.2.1 now when i try to go in preware it locks up, what can i do to fix this any ideas..
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.t View Post
    I had the same problem they still showed up in after the EPR but i noticed they where off the phone so i upgraded to 1.2.1 now when i try to go in preware it locks up, what can i do to fix this any ideas..
    do you have filecoaster? If you have filecoaster, you can reinstall preware.
    Ensure you do a Full Reboot and not just a Luna Restart... Preware should start back up, may take a minute... Patches should also now be removed...Hopefully
    Worst comes to worst, download latest WebOS Doctor and then Run Clean-Up
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    To expand a little on that helpful post....

You've probably just selected the wrong feed. When you install from the feeds via WOSQI, the default feed is not the right one. You have to select the "
    "WebOS-internals ALL" feed.
    Interestingly, I just now figured that out on my own and then I came back to this post not even knowing there was a working answer. Thanks! I got Preware again.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Anyone else not being able to get through right now? I have rebooted twice and swiped and restarted multiple times, but Preware just has a case of the 'Spins!'
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Anyone else not being able to get through right now? I have rebooted twice and swiped and restarted multiple times, but Preware just has a case of the 'Spins!'
    Just got in on first try.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    WOSQI is just fine as long as all you're using it for is to install applications. Using any of the other features, ESPECIALLY the tweaks, if a very bad plan.
    Tweaks are fine too depending upon what WPSQI you're using. QI 2.03 still works and installs tweaks.
    If your having trouble with preware and just see the spinning circle turn off your wifi and restart your phone then try with wifi off. For me preware only works with wifi off. And if i try it once with it on i have to restart.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    bigwood, thanks for the helpful comments!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Will i loose my pics if i run the doctor?