Page 80 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 6094
  1. #1581  
    when we can get preware from fileCoaster. The Quick install can't work with 1.2. we need waiting new version to install preware.
  2. #1582  
    I just checked Preware and it says all my patches need updated in Package Updates. Can this be correct? I just installed all (16) this morning.
  3. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1583  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I just checked Preware and it says all my patches need updated in Package Updates. Can this be correct? I just installed all (16) this morning.
    They are all being updated as we speak to reflect better descriptions and such (not sure if anything else is changing about them, doubt it since it is all of them).
  4. #1584  
    update patches doesnt seem to work?wants me to remove it?all of them that i have installed
  5. Wil
    Wil is offline
    Wil's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #1585  
    I am actually restarting my phone from scratch. I updated to 1.2.1 and my patches are all gone. I'm going to try to update the phone first then add the patches in after. I hope that works.
  6. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1586  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    update patches doesnt seem to work?wants me to remove it?all of them that i have installed
    You cannot actually straight update patches... they need to be removed and then the new versions installed. Thankfully, the way Preware works makes it pretty easy.

    Go into the updated package list, tap on a patch to be updated, tap remove and allow that to run, then it will being you back and you can tap install right from there again.
  7. Wil
    Wil is offline
    Wil's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #1587  
    I updated to 1.2.1 and tried to remove patches and it kept giving me Errors so I doctored my phone to try from scratch again. Any suggestions?
  8. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1588  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I updated to 1.2.1 and tried to remove patches and it kept giving me Errors so I doctored my phone to try from scratch again. Any suggestions?
    You probably didn't need to turn to the Doctor, but now that it's done... what are you actually asking for suggestions on? Sorry if I am missing something. Are you having trouble installing patches now?
  9. #1589  
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryshen View Post
    when we can get preware from fileCoaster. The Quick install can't work with 1.2. we need waiting new version to install preware.
    Just to inform you, you can use any version of WebOS Quick Install to install the Preware app and Package Manager onto the Pre.

    Any version will still work to get it working.

    WebOS just does not work with Tweaks and Themes.

    Just install Preware and Package Manager and that's it.

    The use Preware as you always have.

    By Sunday WebOS Quick Install will be upgraded if you read Jason's stuff.

    Hope this help you.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  10. Wil
    Wil is offline
    Wil's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #1590  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    You probably didn't need to turn to the Doctor, but now that it's done... what are you actually asking for suggestions on? Sorry if I am missing something. Are you having trouble installing patches now?
    I had all my tweaks and patches installed and updated to 1.2.1 and some of my patches and tweak were gone. I tried to uninstall from preware with no luck so I doctored my phone. Should I update the phone to 1.2.1 first this time then add the patches and tweaks?
  11. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1591  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I had all my tweaks and patches installed and updated to 1.2.1 and some of my patches and tweak were gone. I tried to uninstall from preware with no luck so I doctored my phone. Should I update the phone to 1.2.1 first this time then add the patches and tweaks?
    Oh yeah... without question update first, then patch. Next update: remove patches, then update, then install them again.
  12. #1592  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I had all my tweaks and patches installed and updated to 1.2.1 and some of my patches and tweak were gone. I tried to uninstall from preware with no luck so I doctored my phone. Should I update the phone to 1.2.1 first this time then add the patches and tweaks?
    Yes. Install tweaks after update. Also QI 2.03 still works for tweak and apps with 1.2.
  13. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #1593  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Oh yeah... without question update first, then patch. Next update: remove patches, then update, then install them again.
    Yea, and use the "emergency patch recovery" application to remove your patches next time.
  14. #1594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I had all my tweaks and patches installed and updated to 1.2.1 and some of my patches and tweak were gone. I tried to uninstall from preware with no luck so I doctored my phone. Should I update the phone to 1.2.1 first this time then add the patches and tweaks?
    No you shouldnt. Run the Emergency Patch Recovery in the patches section in Preware. I was able to remove all of he patches I had installed after that. No more "Patch Not Removed" errors. Do that and reset the phone and then you can reinstall patches. I just installed the Email In Landscape Patch and it is working fine on 1.21 when it was previously broken.
  15. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1595  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahimed View Post
    No you shouldnt. Run the Emergency Patch Recovery in the patches section in Preware. I was able to remove all of he patches I had installed after that. No more "Patch Not Removed" errors. Do that and reset the phone and then you can reinstall patches. I just installed the Email In Landscape Patch and it is working fine on 1.21 when it was previously broken.
    Uhh, he already ran the WebOS Doctor... not sure he needs to run EPR at this point. hehe
  16. KAM313's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #1596  
    download mp3 in web not working..also can't send vidz in message patch....none of them 2 are workin for me......gd job on the rest tho
  17. Wil
    Wil is offline
    Wil's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    #1597  
    I just reset my pre while in the middle of downloading 1.2.1. again. Now when I hit Updates all it does is "Checking for Updates" has the pre already downloaded the update after it comes back up from reset.
  18. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #1598  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil View Post
    I just reset my pre while in the middle of downloading 1.2.1. again. Now when I hit Updates all it does is "Checking for Updates" has the pre already downloaded the update after it comes back up from reset.
    Try another restart.
  19. #1599  
    I installed the update to v1.2.1 this morning and then I installed (for the first time) 15 patches through Prewar v0.9.1. Everything is fine, but I just went back into Prewar and it shows that I have 15 Package Updates. My first thought was that there was a major change to all the patches, but when I select them, my option is to only "remove" them, not "update". Is this a glitch in Prewar?
  20. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #1600  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
    I installed the update to v1.2.1 this morning and then I installed (for the first time) 15 patches through Prewar v0.9.1. Everything is fine, but I just went back into Prewar and it shows that I have 15 Package Updates. My first thought was that there was a major change to all the patches, but when I select them, my option is to only "remove" them, not "update". Is this a glitch in Prewar?
    Read a little bit of the thread... at least the last two pages.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions