Page 8 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
    I will do that shortly. I'm going to reinstall novcom first, because i notice in task manager that it was hanging. Could it be related?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I will do that shortly. I'm going to reinstall novcom first, because i notice in task manager that it was hanging. Could it be related?
    Maybe? I really don't know much about how quick install works.
    it defiantly could be the factor.. a reboot of your pc should fix it.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I thought this might be the wrong thread, but I was unsure which application was causing the problems.
    I thought this might be the wrong thread, but I was unsure which application was causing the problems.
    just reboot the pc try again.. i bet it will work and we can call it FM F***ing Magic

Update: 1:33am MT

cant wait to see results

Update: 1:38am MT
    Still waiting

Update: 1:45am MT
    I really hope your computer is booting up and didn't explode otherwise I will be here all night waiting
    Last edited by jack87; 09/01/2009 at 02:45 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i uninstalled Preware and then went to reinstall. Unfortunatley it didn't work, is there some file i need to delete in the root directory before i can reinstall preware through webOSdoctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    i uninstalled Preware and then went to reinstall. Unfortunatley it didn't work, is there some file i need to delete in the root directory before i can reinstall preware through webOSdoctor?
    I've just determined that there is a bug in WebOS Quick Install.

It reads the /var/usr/lib/ipkg/status file to determine what packages are installed, but it doesn't take note of the Status: field, which can have a not-installed value.

So WebOS Quick Install can incorrectly show packages as installed when they are not.

I've alerted Jason.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I was having a problem where my Quick Install would show Preware and Package Manager as installed but they were not. I had to go to my Device Information and tap the More Info button at the bottom and then tap the Software button at the top and uninstall Preware and Package Manager. Afterward, everything worked fine and Quick Install did not detect the two apps anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    just reboot the pc try again.. i bet it will work and we can call it FM F***ing Magic

Update: 1:33am MT

cant wait to see results

Update: 1:38am MT
    Still waiting

Update: 1:45am MT
    I really hope your computer is booting up and didn't explode otherwise I will be here all night waiting
    I apologize for keeping you waiting. As I was rebooting my entire apartment lost power and I was forced to wait until latet today to deal with it.
    Oil, now that you can apply patches using Preware would it be at all possible for you to add the patch for changing the battery icon to the Battery w/ percentage icon... I would so much super appeciate that... by the way thank you soo much for all your hard work on this app it's amazing... it has really made my pre experience so much better... again. thank you
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    Oil, now that you can apply patches using Preware would it be at all possible for you to add the patch for changing the battery icon to the Battery w/ percentage icon... I would so much super appeciate that... by the way thank you soo much for all your hard work on this app it's amazing... it has really made my pre experience so much better... again. thank you
    Preware and the Package Manager Service are simply installers. Anyone can create any patch and package it as an ipk and put it in the feed. This is not something that I do.
    ahh... I see... Well, thank you for the info... I appreciate it... :-D
    I installed and am getting:
    Preware
    org.webosinternales.ipkgservice not running.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I installed and am getting:
    Preware
    org.webosinternales.ipkgservice not running.
    Then you didn't fallow the directions and need to install the Package Manager Service.

Or if you did, you need to reboot.
    Man does it irrate me when people don't follow directions properly, missed the package service. Entirely my fault, sorry. Updating now, thanks.
    I installed Preware (and Package Service) on a friend's new Pre a few minutes ago and rebooted it.

Preware launches but just says "loading" I restarted it several times and let it load for 5 minutes, still nothing is loading (the "EV" stops blinking/white after a few seconds). The phone browses the 'net with any problems.

I also noticed that on my Pre, the over the last few days I have to start, close and restart Preware about 3 times before it loads apps.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by sveilien; 09/01/2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: grammer fix
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Preware and the Package Manager Service are simply installers. Anyone can create any patch and package it as an ipk and put it in the feed. This is not something that I do.
    Is there a Wiki explaining how to turn your created patch into an ipk for submission to preware?
    MatterOfFactJack
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Man does it irrate me when people don't follow directions properly, missed the package service. Entirely my fault, sorry. Updating now, thanks.
    No sweat. You're not the first to forget the package manager, and you wont be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I installed Preware (and Package Service) on a friend's new Pre a few minutes ago and rebooted it.

Preware launches but just says "loading" I restarted it several times and let it load for 5 minutes, still nothing is loading (the "EV" stops blinking/white after a few seconds). The phone browses the 'net with no problems.

I also noticed that on my Pre, the over the last few days I have to start, close and restart Preware about 3 times before it loads apps.

Any ideas?
    We've been trying to nail down this problem.

Tell me, what do you have your "Screen: Turn off after" set to in the "Screen & Lock" settings app?

My current thought is that the pre goes to sleep before the service is done responding, and when it does, it also puts the service to sleep and it never responds to the app with the info, so the loading screen never goes away. (Much like the GPS service doesn't give location if the pre goes to sleep.)

I've been able to consistently recreate this by turning off the screen while its loading and it getting stuck in the loading page. But if I tap the screen to keep it awake while its loading (I have my screen set to turn off after 30 seconds) it would finish loading every time.

We can fix this by telling the phone not to completely go to sleep while we're loading (even if the screen goes dark,) but id love to get confirmation that keeping it awake works, and letting it sleep results in getting stuck at the loading screen.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    When will the new update be released?

EDIT: nevermind lol i went back a page and found my answer
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Is there a Wiki explaining how to turn your created patch into an ipk for submission to preware?
    That, I don't know. (Like I said, I didn't have anything to do with the virtual keyboard package beyond making it appear in the "Available Patches" section.)

My suggestion is to get into #webos-internals and ask egaudet or rwhitby about it.