Page 79 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 6094
    Hello there, just installed the Package Service program and Preware and love it!

I do have an issue with a particular application that I installed called "LED Service" (I had wrongly thought that this was the LED center button notification patch). Anyway, when I initially installed it, it gave me a message that said "Service installation probably failed". And now when I try to remove it, it gives me the message "Service removal probably failed" - and it is still present in my installed applications list?

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks, I tried reading the posts in this thread but couldn't find anything pertaining to this issue.
    I'm running out of ideas for both of you. My suggest for now would be to reinstall both the PMS and preware. Don't worry about waiting for jason to reinstall. It will still work you just can't use the twaeks option. Has either of you restarted your phones recenty? I know I'm probably asking you dumb questions and I'm sorry if I am. I woek as an IT help desk guy so I always try to get the simple tricks out of the way first. Lol
    my available patches is greyed out, why am I such a noob? how do i get led service?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I'm running out of ideas for both of you. My suggest for now would be to reinstall both the PMS and preware. Don't worry about waiting for jason to reinstall. It will still work you just can't use the twaeks option. Has either of you restarted your phones recenty? I know I'm probably asking you dumb questions and I'm sorry if I am. I woek as an IT help desk guy so I always try to get the simple tricks out of the way first. Lol
    Thanks for the suggestions...I did restart my phone numerous times but to no avail. I will try to delete and reinstall using my Quick install 2.3 & see what happens. No chance of doing any damage to my phone though right? It will just work or not...worst case I have to wait till Jason has a compatable version of Quick Install for 1.2.1 right? Thanks for you help skinneejay!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deviousracing View Post
    my available patches is greyed out, why am I such a noob? how do i get led service?
    go to available packages = then click feeds at the bottom = select preyourmind feed= then select feeds for that menu = then select all and it should be there.
    So does virtual keyboard work with the new 1.2.1 update? I've got it installed and it doesnt show up. I'm a noob at this by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonRox View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions...I did restart my phone numerous times but to no avail. I will try to delete and reinstall using my Quick install 2.3 & see what happens. No chance of doing any damage to my phone though right? It will just work or not...worst case I have to wait till Jason has a compatable version of Quick Install for 1.2.1 right? Thanks for you help skinneejay!!
    you can never really brick your phone. If something goes wrong you just need to use your webdoc. If you are using the tweaks from quickinstall then yes. But as far as I know quickinstall still works for putting apps on your phone even with 1.2.1. I will go ahead and try it myself after I'm done watching the blackhawks. If I find something different I will PM you sampson.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Yes, I have the reset button app installed actually and use it frequently, lol. I never had any success installing the PMS over the air, the only way I could ever get it to install was with the WOSQI which is why I am hesitant to delete the PMS. I just uninstalled Preware and waiting for the phone to finish power cycling before I reinstall it. I'll let you know soon.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Formeriphoneuser View Post
    So does virtual keyboard work with the new 1.2.1 update? I've got it installed and it doesnt show up. I'm a noob at this by the way.
    Bump
    [QUOTE=Ramer84015;1943773]I'm not sure if I missed it, but is the Spoof iPhone user agent patch working?[/QUO

didn't see this answered, but no, not as a patch n Preware. But it still works on QI v2.03.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Yup, works just fine for me. Installed via the autopatch feed in Preware.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok, got it fixed, if anyone else has similar problems here's what I did:

Uninstalled Preware
    Launched WOSQI 2.01
    Installed Package Manager and Preware via Web OS Internals Feed (all)
    Restarted Pre
    Launched Preware

Changed the preferences to :
    Show All Package Types - Yes
    Installed Is Available - Yes
    Theme - Palm Dark (personal preference)

Went to Available Packages
    Feeds
    PreYourMind was now displaying, selected
    Feed
    All
    Autopatch-Feed

Going to restart to see if I can now install tweaks via Preware. Here's to hoping!
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Yup, works just fine for me. Installed via the autopatch feed in Preware.
    Hmm i have it installed. I double tap the gesture area and the on screen keyboard doesn't pop up. Am i doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hmm i have it installed. I double tap the gesture area and the on screen keyboard doesn't pop up. Am i doing something wrong?
    I don't double tap, I tap with 2 fingers on each side of the center button and it pops up for me
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    I don't double tap, I tap with 2 fingers on each side of the center button and it pops up for me
    I did that as well. I don't understand why it's not working. Should i remove it and try again?
    I think it would be neat if the themes through Preware would show the last updated date or latest version of WebOS they are compatible with so we would know if they are safe to use.
    I have tried this several times but I still do not see the keyboard. Thannks for your suggestion.
    I tried to remove the virtual keyboard patch and it wouldnt let me.
    Does Preware work for all of ya? For some reason it isn't for me... I have an older version, 0.7.7, so that might be my problem, but of course I can't update 'cause I can't use WebOSQuickInstall w/ 1.2.1 yet.
    Mines say v0.9.1.

But i was able to install the led notifications and others as well.