Page 74 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoney37 View Post
    Am I the only one that's having/had this issue?
    I don't think that I would recommend any homebrew apps after the latest Palm update. Palm knows how Apple rakes in the dough by making everything proprietary and I think that they are slowly starting to follow suit. It's sad, because I really enjoyed the homebrew apps.
    Good luck to all and I certainly hope, for everyone's sake that mine is an isolated issue. Bye bye homebrew......:-(

Your is an isolated issue. Which homebrew apps did you load?

I suspect that you have ONE with a bug that is causing yoiu problems.

try deleting apps one by one until your evdo works again.

Or, reset and install one by one till you find the bad app and report the problem to the developer.

MOST homebrew apps (My reversi for example) are absolutely no different that you will get from any app catalog app. On the other hand, PATCHES, well, patches are different. If you installed patches, all bets are off.

But really, it's a process of elimination. What app caused the problem.

Let's GIVE BACK to the community by figuring that out and reporting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckiesaurusrex View Post
    What is novacom and how do I get it? I have used the webOS QI before to load ipk files and it worked, before I updated to Web OS1.2

Thanks for helping me out!
    Install the sdk. That installs the novacom drivers.

Really, that's the easiest way.

If you don't want to do that, then there is a way to extract them from the doctor, but it's a pain. Just install the sdk.
    Where can I find the Emergency Patch Recovery?
    It worked...had to install sdk but it works! thanks mucho grande!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    Where can I find the Emergency Patch Recovery?
    It's in Preware under applications.
    Question about the patches on preware:
    If you download them do they automatically activate or can you turn them on one by one??
    Having a problem with preware...i loaded it as instructed, but when I open the application on my phone all it does is say checking version, like it keeps trying to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    It's in Preware under applications.
    NOTE: It has recently moved to "Available Patches" category "Recovery".

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by to2k1ace View Post
    Having a problem with preware...i loaded it as instructed, but when I open the application on my phone all it does is say checking version, like it keeps trying to load.

Reboot and it will work fine.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Not sure how accurate this is but if you have the phone radio power patch, when you remove a theme it screws up the top right corner menu where your radio options appear. What it did it pop on the screen after a luna restart and the phone and airplane options were gone, the only way i found you can close it is by pressing the center button, after is close corner dragging nor touching by the clock will open it. my guesses are that some of the themes might be touching the same files where the radio menu resides.
    i was able to fix it by removing the radio power patch.

I had the BLUE theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymalken View Post
    Question about the patches on preware:
    If you download them do they automatically activate or can you turn them on one by one??

Most of them will not turn on until you reboot or do a Luna restart.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I installed preware on a friends pre to install the tweaks that way. It will not let me install anything from pre your mind. I can not install the auto patch feed, and when i installed auto patch it wouldn't let me install any of the tweak patches like the 4x4 launcher and the add/delete launcher pages tweak. Anyone able to help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelchin36 View Post
    Not sure how accurate this is but if you have the phone radio power patch, when you remove a theme it screws up the top right corner menu where your radio options appear. What it did it pop on the screen after a luna restart and the phone and airplane options were gone, the only way i found you can close it is by pressing the center button, after is close corner dragging nor touching by the clock will open it. my guesses are that some of the themes might be touching the same files where the radio menu resides.
    i was able to fix it by removing the radio power patch.

I had the BLUE theme.

Send me link to the zip or ipk for the theme and I will tell you if it was the culprit.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtrot View Post
    I installed preware on a friends pre to install the tweaks that way. It will not let me install anything from pre your mind. I can not install the auto patch feed, and when i installed auto patch it wouldn't let me install any of the tweak patches like the 4x4 launcher and the add/delete launcher pages tweak. Anyone able to help me?

Who is this "it" and why are you letting "it" boss you around?

-Eric G

Donate
    Umm.. can you clarify that again? "I can not install the auto patch feed, and when I installed auto patch ..."

What??
    dBsooner
    WebOS-Internals Member and Developer
    Donations Appreciated!

Keep up to date with webOS-Patches via Twitter: @dBsooner

Browse Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal - (Trac)
    Submit New Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Submit Updated Patches @ WebOS-Patches Web Portal
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    To clarify on thursday i followed instructions on another feed to bypass webOS quick Install tweaks and use preware to add the tweaks I wanted to my phone. First I installed the autopatch feed from preware. Then it allowed me to install the tweaks I wanted like the 4x4 icons ion the launch pages and add/delete launcher pages. Tonight I tried to do the same thing on my friends phone. He is 1.2 just like I am. Preware is not giving me a chance to install the autopatch. every time I try i can not find it in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by dBsooner View Post
    Umm.. can you clarify that again? "I can not install the auto patch feed, and when I installed auto patch ..."

What??
    Had to laugh too when I read that!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    To clarify on thursday i followed instructions on another feed to bypass webOS quick Install tweaks and use preware to add the tweaks I wanted to my phone. First I installed the autopatch feed from preware. Then it allowed me to install the tweaks I wanted like the 4x4 icons ion the launch pages and add/delete launcher pages. Tonight I tried to do the same thing on my friends phone. He is 1.2 just like I am. Preware is not giving me a chance to install the autopatch. every time I try i can not find it in preware.

You might need to update the package manager service so that you can get the PreYourMind feed which contains the autopatch-feed ipk.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You might need to update the package manager service so that you can get the PreYourMind feed which contains the autopatch-feed ipk.
    I tried that but according to preware I have the most recent version of package manager service.
    I tried that but according to preware I have the most recent version of package manager service.
    Go to available applications and then tap feeds on the bottom, tell me what is listed

-Eric G

Donate