Page 73 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I'm sorry that you went to the Doctor but this is not necessary. There is a self-removing package named Emergency Patch Recovery which can be "installed" that will remove all patches at once.
    This is the first i've heard of this package. Where can I find it? How do I use it?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When i hit my launcher to start i get the search function. I can't type anything in then. Is there any way to start preware if you can't get to it from the launcher? I need to run the emergency patch recovery!!!!!! I am hoping that will fix the issue????
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    When i hit my launcher to start i get the search function. I can't type anything in then. Is there any way to start preware if you can't get to it from the launcher? I need to run the emergency patch recovery!!!!!! I am hoping that will fix the issue????
    The only way to fix that is to use WebOS doctor to restore your phone. Same thing happened to me yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yes u can...
    How do I install preware on 1.2 if I cannot use WebOS Quick Install v 2.6. I don't know where I can download v2.03 which some say can be used and others say it cannot. Help I am not super tech inclined. Thanks
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    is there a way to get my contacts off??? I synced with pocket mirror when it was a 7 day trial????

crap????
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckiesaurusrex View Post
    How do I install preware on 1.2 if I cannot use WebOS Quick Install v 2.6. I don't know where I can download v2.03 which some say can be used and others say it cannot. Help I am not super tech inclined. Thanks
    You can use WebOS QI v 2.6 to install Preware. You just can't install tweaks or themes with WebOS QI.
    will preware work w/ new web os update if so how
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    is there a way to get my contacts off??? I synced with pocket mirror????

crap????
    Your contacts are automaticly backed up every night to Palm's servers. You will just have to login to your account when your phone is done with the recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    You can use WebOS QI v 2.6 to install Preware. You just can't install tweaks or themes with WebOS QI.
    When I try to install it with WebOS QI 2.6 I get this:

Please connect device.

OK

ERROR: No device detected.

Tried it 20+ times....same error.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    on my palm profile it has 2 contacts there. Is there a way to move what is in outlook profile to palm profile?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duckiesaurusrex View Post
    When I try to install it with WebOS QI 2.6 I get this:

Please connect device.

OK

ERROR: No device detected.

Tried it 20+ times....same error.
    Try a reboot of your computer. I had connection issues also. A reboot fixed it. Or you could force USB mode on your Pre. Power down your Pre. Now hold down the Volume up button while powering on your Pre. This will force USB mode. If that doesn't work I would reboot your computer.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Try a reboot of your computer. I had connection issues also. A reboot fixed it. Or you could force USB mode on your Pre. Power down your Pre. Now hold down the Volume up button while powering on your Pre. This will force USB mode. If that doesn't work I would reboot your computer.
    make sure you have the drivers downloaded to your PC for novacom... I had the same issue untill I figured that out////
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    on my palm profile it has 2 contacts there. Is there a way to move what is in outlook profile to palm profile?
    Not quite sure what you are asking. All of your contact info on your phone is automaticly backed up. So if you do a restore, all of your contacts will be there after you login to your palm account. Just like you did when you first got your phone.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    make sure you have the drivers downloaded to your PC for novacom... I had the same issue untill I figured that out////
    Yea, and I forgot the most obvious. Make sure your Pre is in Developer Mode.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yea, and I forgot the most obvious. Make sure your Pre is in Developer Mode.
    Glad I'm not the only one. Replaced by Oreo Pre today and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why WOSQI couldn't see my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    What is novacom and how do I get it? I have used the webOS QI before to load ipk files and it worked, before I updated to Web OS1.2

Thanks for helping me out!
    Lastnight my Pre posted an error message "loss of communication error 67".
    When i called in to Sprint advanced tech support, the te4ch on the line seemed to recognize the error right away and then walked me through a few trouble shooting steps.
    She tried to have me do a reset first, that didn't work. Still got the same error. She then proceeded to tell me that the only way I could restore EvDo comm was to do a partial erase on the phone. I, being an honest guy, told her that I had installed a few Home Brew apps on my phone and asked her if she thought that that might be causing the issue. She "pretended" to not know what Home Brew was. I played along and told her that it was a third party app. She immediately jumped down my throat and said that neither she nor Palm would support third party apps. I then responded by telling her that I didn't want support for the apps, I wanted support for my phone. And by the way, aren't home brew apps supposed to permitted by palm???
    Totally exasperated, I followed her steps and performed the partial erase, knowing that I could just go back and reload them on my pre via my PC. Well, after the partial erase and restore, every one of the homebrew apps had been wiped, all of them. And, big surprise, none of the app catalog stuff was wiped.
    After about an hour or so, I reloaded the home brew apps from web os quick install. Less than two hours later I received the same error message and had to go through the whole process again. Palm and Sprint might hide behind the lie that people can produce third party apps and then load them but, it would appear that they have begun a war against any and all third party apps by killing EvDo and thus forcing a partial erase to regain functionality.
    Am I the only one that's having/had this issue?
    I don't think that I would recommend any homebrew apps after the latest Palm update. Palm knows how Apple rakes in the dough by making everything proprietary and I think that they are slowly starting to follow suit. It's sad, because I really enjoyed the homebrew apps.
    Good luck to all and I certainly hope, for everyone's sake that mine is an isolated issue. Bye bye homebrew......:-(
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoney37 View Post
    Lastnight my Pre posted an error message "loss of communication error 67".
    When i called in to Sprint advanced tech support, the te4ch on the line seemed to recognize the error right away and then walked me through a few trouble shooting steps.
    She tried to have me do a reset first, that didn't work. Still got the same error. She then proceeded to tell me that the only way I could restore EvDo comm was to do a partial erase on the phone. I, being an honest guy, told her that I had installed a few Home Brew apps on my phone and asked her if she thought that that might be causing the issue. She "pretended" to not know what Home Brew was. I played along and told her that it was a third party app. She immediately jumped down my throat and said that neither she nor Palm would support third party apps. I then responded by telling her that I didn't want support for the apps, I wanted support for my phone. And by the way, aren't home brew apps supposed to permitted by palm???
    Totally exasperated, I followed her steps and performed the partial erase, knowing that I could just go back and reload them on my pre via my PC. Well, after the partial erase and restore, every one of the homebrew apps had been wiped, all of them. And, big surprise, none of the app catalog stuff was wiped.
    After about an hour or so, I reloaded the home brew apps from web os quick install. Less than two hours later I received the same error message and had to go through the whole process again. Palm and Sprint might hide behind the lie that people can produce third party apps and then load them but, it would appear that they have begun a war against any and all third party apps by killing EvDo and thus forcing a partial erase to regain functionality.
    Am I the only one that's having/had this issue?
    I don't think that I would recommend any homebrew apps after the latest Palm update. Palm knows how Apple rakes in the dough by making everything proprietary and I think that they are slowly starting to follow suit. It's sad, because I really enjoyed the homebrew apps.
    Good luck to all and I certainly hope, for everyone's sake that mine is an isolated issue. Bye bye homebrew......:-(
    I haven't had any issues caused by the patches or homebrew apps. Any issues I have had have been caused by me. Either not installing them correctly or using WebOS QI to try and remove the patches (Do not do that). I would suggest you do a full reinstall using WebOS Doctor. Make sure you backup any pics, music, or personal files you want to keep.
    Last edited by Twosted; 10/03/2009 at 10:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    One more obvious note for people with the "device not connected" issue. Check your firewall settings. I updayed to 1.2 and lost connectivity. Turns out my firewall had updated as well and was blocking the novacom connection. I allowed the connection in McAfee and it now sees the device without issue.
    fml...I cannot get this to work...ahhhhhhhhhhhhh disabled my firewall and I still get the error!