Page 72 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Man... this feels like a dumb question. Is there anywhere public to view the patches from the autopatch feed? Some of them are where I thought they'd all be in git, but a lot are not (or I am missing them). Would be good to look at some of the ones where I am not quite sure what they are or what the difference between two patches is.

Thanks.
    I would start here:
    Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

As for the actual autopatch feed, try this:
    Index of /feeds/autopatch/all

Probably a little more info than you wanted
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    I would start here:
    Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

As for the actual autopatch feed, try this:
    Index of /feeds/autopatch/all

Probably a little more info than you wanted
    Thanks, but they don't all appear to be listed on the Patches list on WebOS Internals. As for the feed URL... can those files be decompressed back to original format? I suppose I can go search about that. I just figured this stuff must be on someone's git or svn or cvs or something somewhere. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Thanks, but they don't all appear to be listed on the Patches list on WebOS Internals. As for the feed URL... can those files be decompressed back to original format? I suppose I can go search about that. I just figured this stuff must be on someone's git or svn or cvs or something somewhere. :-P

Everything we do is open source. All the patches (except for vkb right now) in autopatch feed are autobuilt from the Build repo. The build repo pulls all the patches from the modifications repo

Patches repo:
    modifications in WebOS Internals - Gitorious

Build (to ipk) repo:

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Actually, error 4 means the postinst script returned an error code. Also the autopatch system does NOT care what version of the files are on your system and does not try to verify anything. It will first test that the patch CAN apply cleanly (using --dry-run option to GNU patch), and then apply it if the test was successful. Same thing on removal. There is code in the scripts to generate backups the first time an autopatch touches that file, so that EPR can recover to the state that you were in before any autopatch installations.

There are many reasons why you might get an error 4, for an autopatch ipk it is most definitely because the patch cannot apply to the version of the file on your system. This can happen when a conflicting patch (one that touches the same exact line as another) is already installed or that file has otherwise been touched in a such a way to make the patch incompatible.

If EPR did not remove the patch, then I will have to work with you in a chat to manually fix this problem. Did you let EPR run all the way through? Please join us on IRC sometime today so that we can get help work you through this problem.
    I did allow it to complete, in fact I did it twice after installing a few other patches. I cant get into the IRC until late tonight (working till 12am) If anyone is in there that late, otherwise it will be tomorrow afternoon. I tried to remove it again with no luck, oddly the roam only patch did install, although earlier today after trying to pull the landscape messaging it did not. Should I load the terminal app or will I be able to use PuTTY for this? Thanks in advance, oh and THANKS FOR GETTING THESE PATCHES ON PREWARE!!!!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/02/2009 at 02:37 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Everything we do is open source. All the patches (except for vkb right now) in autopatch feed are autobuilt from the Build repo. The build repo pulls all the patches from the modifications repo

Patches repo:

Build (to ipk) repo:
    Thank you... I was indeed being ********. Your links made me realize that somehow I let myself get stuck browsing within a group of commits, hence not finding all of what I was looking for. Sorry about that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by giraldo1986 View Post
    my phone was defective and had to bring it to sprint on wednesday. I had preware installed along with the on screen keyboard, icon layout and other things. they had to replace the phone, and now i have one that has no preware, but the apps are still on it and work. I would like the keybaord back, preware back. How do i do it if the webos quick install is no longer compatible? sorry if question has been answered already, tried reading as much as i can.

You can still use WQI to install Preware. The only thing that doesn't work are the tweeks.
    The autopatch feed is not showing up to install and available patches is greyed out. I have updated Package Manager Service and Preware, but it must not be picking up the patch feed. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcdhaynes View Post
    The autopatch feed is not showing up to install and available patches is greyed out. I have updated Package Manager Service and Preware, but it must not be picking up the patch feed. Any ideas?

Thanks
    "update feeds".....left corner when preware is open
    I screwed up and ran the webos repair utility without removing a bunch of patches installed with preware. (Webos 1.2, preware 9.1). Now none of these patches work, but preware thinks they are all installed. When I go to remove them, I get errors. Is there a way to clear this out so preware doesn't think they are installed? I've searched for this issue and can't find the answer.

emoney_33 helped me out with the same issue on the virtual keyboard over here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post1941351

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    "update feeds".....left corner when preware is open
    I've tried that 100 times, it's still not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    I screwed up and ran the webos repair utility without removing a bunch of patches installed with preware. (Webos 1.2, preware 9.1). Now none of these patches work, but preware thinks they are all installed. When I go to remove them, I get errors. Is there a way to clear this out so preware doesn't think they are installed? I've searched for this issue and can't find the answer.

emoney_33 helped me out with the same issue on the virtual keyboard over here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...08#post1941351

Thanks!!

Install Emergency Patch Recovery, and it will remove all patches and itself.

BTW, the keyboard is special/separate patch currently, but will be integrated into the autopatch system within a week.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    be patient, quick install 2.7 should be out real soon and will work with 1.2
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

BTW, the keyboard is special/separate patch currently, but will be integrated into the autopatch system within a week.
    Are you referring to the Emergency Patch Recovery in Quick Install, or is there another one?
    Quote Originally Posted by anthony1187 View Post
    I guess with all the tweaks/patches I would always install them via Web OS quick install, but I have recently update to 1.2, I want all the tweaks back but obviously the current Web OS quick install wont work with it.

I saw a thread on here for downloading them via Preware with 1.2, so obvisouly i tried that but every time I tried to download I would get an error installing for all the tweaks I tried. Can someone help? I have it in developer mode, i dont know if that would affect it....anyone have any ideas?

Install Autopatch-feed package, then update feeds, and then available patches should be populated.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    Are you referring to the Emergency Patch Recovery in Quick Install, or is there another one?
    Installers are separate from packages. Installers install the packages, but packages aren't/shouldn't be specific to an installer. Quick Install, Preware, PreLoad are installers. Each with the capability to install "advanced" homebrew (i.e. run postinst after installing ipk and prerm before removing).

Emergency Patch Recovery is a package I made that just wraps up a postinst script to parse through the autopatch control area and remove all the patches and patch-ipk's installed and then remove itself.

You should be able to install this EPR ipk with any installer. If you are confusing this with QI 2.6 or before's "remove all tweaks" option, then no it's not the same thing.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i'm lovin this! Only issue i had was with one of the text msg patches, it changed my font to arial style instead of the normal text in an actual message itself. Rebooted phone and all is good now..installed about 14 patches, then one restart for all just to be sure.

Thanks! That took care of it. In all my confusion and panicing about the VK, I forgot about the EPR for the other patches. Thanks again for your help!!

Thanks
    Problem solved. Apparently I had some kind of problem with the Package Manager Service and the only way to clear it was to delete it with Web OS Quick Install and then reinstall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    This must be a different patch than the one that was available via WebOS Quick Install. The Preware patch doesn't show 100% when fully charged, it only shows 10. The WebOS tweak showed 100. Can't remember if the % symbol was displayed or not.

I prefer Preware's OTA method of installing patches, and don't want to have to "mix and match" using Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Not sure if you can install with one method and remove with another, so I may have to just stick with one method so I don't get mixed up.
    Trekker -- I posted my confirmation of this behavior here...

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1942091

It seemed like the better place to ask about this tweak's behavior rather than the Preware thread. No big deal, but I figured we might get a response there since I didn't see any replies here since your post 7am this morning.

Hopefully the tweak owner can adjust it to match the version which had been used in WebOS QI. I agree with you, I think WebOS QI is a great and necessary program, but I'd much rather manage my tweaks from on-device using Preware.
    I've tried that 100 times, it's still not there.
    reinstall package manager service