Page 71 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 6094
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Open preware, go to available applications tap feeds on the bottom and tell me what is listed.
    Canuck Software
    PimpMyPre
    PreCentral
    Unknown

That's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleamorgan View Post
    Root into your device and apply the patches via Quilt.
    HOW?
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    Canuck Software
    PimpMyPre
    PreCentral
    Unknown

That's all.

Update feeds, go to the pimpmypre (on this screen you just listed) and then all and list what is there.

What version of package manager service do you have

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Update feeds, go to the pimpmypre (on this screen you just listed) and then all and list what is there.

What version of package manager service do you have
    Feeds Updated. PimpMyPre lists:

All 10
    Finance 1
    Games 1
    News And Internet 2
    System Utilities 1
    Unsorted 5

Package Manager Service v0.9.4
    Quote Originally Posted by uminchu View Post
    Feeds Updated. PimpMyPre lists:

All 10
    Finance 1
    Games 1
    News And Internet 2
    System Utilities 1
    Unsorted 5

Package Manager Service v0.9.4

Iḿ sorry I was being distracted when I posted. It is PreYourMind feed that we need (which apparently you don have). You could uninstall and then re-install the package manager service through Quick Install to fix your feeds list since you are missing a few. Then you should be able to find it

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Iḿ sorry I was being distracted when I posted. It is PreYourMind feed that we need (which apparently you don have). You could uninstall and then re-install the package manager service through Quick Install to fix your feeds list since you are missing a few. Then you should be able to find it
    No problem, I really appreciate your time and effort.

This is interesting. QuickInstall results in "error reading package list", and the User-Installed Applications list is empty, so uninstalling with that utility is a no go. Uninstalling with Preware generates Error Removing [4]. IPKG Log contains in red: "*Edit* stop (03858/255314756) Unknown job: org.webosinternals.ipkgservice". Package Manager is not listed in the main list of apps, so I cannot delete it with the orange key.

Hmmm ...
    Last edited by uminchu; 10/02/2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Actually, error 4 means the postinst script returned an error code. Also the autopatch system does NOT care what version of the files are on your system and does not try to verify anything.
    Thanks for the response. Very informational.

I was helping someone toubleshoot the install of the Messaging in Landscape patch on a 1.2 pre, and the IPK log appeared to be checking chunks and when one did not match it aborted the install. I did not save the log though.

Either I incorrectly jumped to the wrong conclusion about what the log was telling me, or I incorrectly assumed that all patches would do the same thing, or I incorrectly applied one experience to the whole gamut of error code 4 possiblities. I am leaning towards a little of all three.
    my phone was defective and had to bring it to sprint on wednesday. I had preware installed along with the on screen keyboard, icon layout and other things. they had to replace the phone, and now i have one that has no preware, but the apps are still on it and work. I would like the keybaord back, preware back. How do i do it if the webos quick install is no longer compatible? sorry if question has been answered already, tried reading as much as i can.
    webOS Quick Install is rumored to be coming out tonight, keep an eye on the thread. I think you can get Preware installed again if you're rooted, but i'd have to go & looking it up, bot sure off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    Follow these steps to get to the new patches:
    1 - Open Preware
    2 - Go into List Everything
    3 - Type FEED
    4 - Install the AutoPatch Feed
    5 - Select 'Update Feeds' from the menu (or exit/restart Preware)

You will now see about 60 new patches. Some do not work yet with 1.2, but most either work now or should soon.

Good Luck!
    Is there a list of known/unknown patches that do/don't work with 1.2?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Man... this feels like a dumb question. Is there anywhere public to view the patches from the autopatch feed? Some of them are where I thought they'd all be in git, but a lot are not (or I am missing them). Would be good to look at some of the ones where I am not quite sure what they are or what the difference between two patches is.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Good news: I went back to QuickInstall v2.03 and got the package manager uninstalled. Attempting to start Preware results in an error flag informing that no Package Manager Service is running.

Bad news: I cannot reinstall the Package Manager with QuickInstall, either v2.03 (Error 9: No return code found in stream from file:///var/usr/lib/ipkg/status) or 2.6 (Error reading package list).
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leipsic83 View Post
    Is there a list of known/unknown patches that do/don't work with 1.2?

Thanks.
    Official 1.2 Patches List
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Man... this feels like a dumb question. Is there anywhere public to view the patches from the autopatch feed? Some of them are where I thought they'd all be in git, but a lot are not (or I am missing them). Would be good to look at some of the ones where I am not quite sure what they are or what the difference between two patches is.

Thanks.
    Is this it?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ches-list.html
    I went through all of the instructions provided and installed the
    Virtual Keyboard using Preware, but it doesn't show up anywhere. Can you
    offer any suggestions as t how I can "find" it and also should I have a
    launch icon in order to use it?
    I am told that things are in flux still right now because of the 1.2 update. Please explain. What about tweaks?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorsonny View Post
    I went through all of the instructions provided and installed the
    Virtual Keyboard using Preware, but it doesn't show up anywhere. Can you
    offer any suggestions as t how I can "find" it and also should I have a
    launch icon in order to use it?
    I am told that things are in flux still right now because of the 1.2 update. Please explain. What about tweaks?
    Open an app or web page with a box for text input. Tap into the text box, then two quick taps in the left side of the gesture area. If the virtual keyboard is installed, it should pop up in the lower half of your screen.
    i am with you on that one how?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticmenace23 View Post
    i am with you on that one how?
    I happen to be looking at it just now!

Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    TTFN
    do you need to restart your phone after each patch instal or can you just instal them all and then restart
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    do you need to restart your phone after each patch instal or can you just instal them all and then restart
    You can do them all, then restart... but you don't actually even need to restart the phone, just Luna (either via CLI or the Luna homebrew app).