Page 7 of 305 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    You have to uninstall the Keyboard patch before a WebOS update right? and what about the Preware App does that have to be removed before an update?
    No, just patches.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok thank you.
    fyi..

installed preware and the kb hack.

also did some tweaks (4 icons, forward txt, plus a couple of others)

messaging would not launch.

uninstalled everything, messaging works again.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    fyi..

installed preware and the kb hack.

also did some tweaks (4 icons, forward txt, plus a couple of others)

messaging would not launch.

uninstalled everything, messaging works again.
    I have been hearing some with this issue. I think it's directed towards the message forwarding. I could be wrong... Check out the Quick Install thread and speak to Jason.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    If need be, I can move this post, but I have a somewhat distressing issue... I installed the 4x4 icons tweak and then I decided to remove it, but it completely messed up the launcher. I now have ONE row of icons running down the page. I can't seem to get back to the default view of 3 icons per row. I also can't get to my other launcher pages. Any tips???
    Try doing a partial erase of the phone. I know it's a pain, but it may be needed.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    If need be, I can move this post, but I have a somewhat distressing issue... I installed the 4x4 icons tweak and then I decided to remove it, but it completely messed up the launcher. I now have ONE row of icons running down the page. I can't seem to get back to the default view of 3 icons per row. I also can't get to my other launcher pages. Any tips???
    Try Restarting. That happened to me.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I have restarted several times, but to no avail. I've installed so many apps that I'd really like to avoid having to wipe the pre.......
    so whens the next update for preware coming out?
    WebOS internals will release it when it's ready. It's probably not to far off.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    WebOS internals will release it when it's ready. It's probably not to far off.
    coolios cant w8
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    What is "terminal"?
    Terminal, is sort of like having an old DOS machine. It's a command prompt to do functions with keystroke commands.

It's very dangerous because you could accidentally delete or move something that is suppose to be there.

It is seeing the guts of the Pre and one should not play with this. As you might end up BRICKING you Pre.

If you had to ask, then you probably won't even know the commands to do anything while in Terminal.

Do you remember the old DEC or Digital systems, you had a VT100 or VT52 terminal.

If you went to your FORD dealer, they would use a Terminal to look up parts.

If you went to the airport and have the gate agent lookup flight info, she is using a Terminal and most likely it was running in VT100 mode.

And that was a front end terminal, those users could not see the guts of the machine.

This terminal is seeing things that the average person (like me) would not know what they are looking at.

If you ever took a UNIX class (I took many) you would know some basic commands to move around (I pretty much forgot all the commands and would have to crack the books open to figure them out, and I'm not).

So I hope I answered your question.

Best you steer away from installing this.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I accidentally uninstalled preware a little bit ago. When I tried to install through webos quickinstaller, it only installed the package manager service and not preware. It says it's installing, but then nothing on my pre. any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Terminal, is sort of like having an old DOS machine. It's a command prompt to do functions with keystroke commands.

It's very dangerous because you could accidentally delete or move something that is suppose to be there.

It is seeing the guts of the Pre and one should not play with this. As you might end up BRICKING you Pre.
    Terminal gives you access to the underlying Linux command line. Nothing more, nothing less.

Terminal cannot brick your Pre. You can always recover using the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/01/2009 at 01:49 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    coolios cant w8
    We held a competition in the #webos-internals IRC channel, and three people were able to access our source code repository, build and install our release candidates, and experience the true glory of what will be Preware 0.8.0

They had to tell us how many screenshots are shown in the Preware application details screen to win (hint, you have to scroll them sideways to see all of them).

Since it's open source, and an open development project, anyone can access the current state of the application source code, and test it out.

In fact, we will be relying on a number of people doing this, so that we can be sure the application is rock solid before it hits the general feeds.

If you want to be part of the fun, clone the git repo, test the latest version, and PM me the number of screenshots Don't post spoilers stating the answer in the thread, but feel to help others with the steps required to download the source code, build, install and run the app.

We won't be answering any questions about how to do it - this is a test of how good the community is at helping each other achieve a goal

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/01/2009 at 01:48 AM.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I accidentally uninstalled preware a little bit ago. When I tried to install through webos quickinstaller, it only installed the package manager service and not preware. It says it's installing, but then nothing on my pre. any ideas?
    When you go to tools > device management in quick install do you see preware or the package service?

If you do, I would say try removing them both (or whatever one of the two that was listed,) then reboot your pre, and try the install instructions again.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    When you go to tools > device management in quick install do you see preware or the package service?

If you do, I would say try removing them both (or whatever one of the two that was listed,) then reboot your pre, and try the install instructions again.
    I went into device management and unistalled the package service, which was the only one it listed, rebooted, installed, and the same error.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I went into device management and unistalled the package service, which was the only one it listed, rebooted, installed, and the same error.
    You're getting an error? What is it? Or is the error simply that it doesn't work?
    Sorry if that was unclear. No error message. Just appears that quickinstall does what it is supposed to, and only package manager is listed in either the launcher or device management. After a reboot, the icon disappears, but I still cannot install preware.
  20.    #140  
    Can you do a tools > receive file in quick install, and get /var/usr/lib/ipkg/status and put its contents on pastebin - collaborative debugging tool so we can check it out?