Page 69 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emoney_33
    Could you explain what you mean, because I don't know what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to extract an .ipk of an app that's an older version of the one that's on the HB gallery. I'm trying to do this with the webos quick installer's send/receive tool. I have a friend that has the version that I want on her Pre and was wondering which was the directory that Preware places the apps on so
    I can look for it there maybe..... I'm still not sure if that's even posible but I'm willing to try. (I have little to no knowledge of Linux, but I've installed patches manually before)

And thanks for the response!

I do not believe the ipk is stored on the device. It is extracted into place. For the homebrew stuff, the applications get extracted to /var/usr/palm/applications/ and the ipkg information is in /var/usr/lib/ipkg/

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    any help with the avatar patch please?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I do not believe the ipk is stored on the device. It is extracted into place. For the homebrew stuff, the applications get extracted to /var/usr/palm/applications/ and the ipkg information is in /var/usr/lib/ipkg/
    I see, so basically what I download as an .ipk file is really not just one file its a bunch of file that are auto-extracted once they're on the phone??

So, is there a way to then retrieve all the needed files an re-package them into an .ipk file? Like maybe accessing the directories with WinSCP and copying the files from there??

Sorry, I know this is a bit off the topic of Preware now....
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    Hopefully this is not a duplicate request. I did not see it anywhere in my searches...

I find myself using the list everything bit quite a bit, just so I can see what is new. Unfortunately, more often than not the 'new' stuff is dominated by themes.

Maybe we should have an option to see everything except themes? Or add an option in Available Applications to see all by date, instead of just by Category or Feed?

Let me know that I am not alone, or kick me to the curb. It's your call!
    If you have the newest version, hit available applications, then the all button, and press the clock button at the bottom. And yes it has been mentioned before.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Ok so i got the patches reinstall took care of it

Now i have an issue brewing. I tried installing the led patch. Problem i have is that i get an error. I think this is because i modded the files myself. No i have them backed up so i can replace them, but when i go to replace it says no device. I was doing it quickly because we were leaving. Possibly there was a space in there??? Any suggestions to fix???

Do you have developer mode enabled? If that's not it, try making sure the connection on the USB is firmly plugged into your phone or try a different USB port. May work, may not...I had a similar issue before
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    same prob
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    anyone know how to get the avatar working in the message app? I downloaded the patch, the box comes up, I added a .png photo to my dcim photo album, but I can't find a way to get the pic n the box
    I used the WOSQI 2.0.3 and installed the 'tweak' landscape messaging with avatar selection that lets you pick the avatar.png from whatever location you specify. The only issue I had was it not fitting into the frame. I corrected it as specified in my post on the following link: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1939093

Also, I noticed if the .png is not proper? it may not show up? or did you try a hard reboot?
    can anyone tell me what's the directory that preware installs the ipkg packages at?? I'm trying to "receive" an .ipk from a webos 1.1 Pre with webos QI so that I can save that app for later use.... is that even posible?
    If you are using webos QI 2.0.3, then hit that green '+' symbol on the main screen and then specify the location of the downloaded ipk file and webos QI will do the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.k.smith View Post
    If you are using webos QI 2.0.3, then hit that green '+' symbol on the main screen and then specify the location of the downloaded ipk file and webos QI will do the rest.
    I think you misunderstood me, I want to extract an .ipk file from a friend's Pre so that I can put it on my own Pre. The app is no longer in the homebrew gallery but she still has the app on her Pre. But I'm starting to think it won't be posible to do, since e money already explained to me that the .ipk file doesn't get stored on the device it auto-extracts into the Pre so there's no 1 file to get.
    thanks eric. Somebody finally answered me lol but yes. I restarted luna and then restarted the whole fone. No bueno. I want to use 2.03 but last time I did, it messed up my messaging app. So I'm a lil tender on that subject. As far as formatting, idk. I used painter to save my pic as .png. Is that incorrect?
    Quote Originally Posted by posterchild37 View Post
    I installed the battery percentage patch this morning and it worked great
    This must be a different patch than the one that was available via WebOS Quick Install. The Preware patch doesn't show 100% when fully charged, it only shows 10. The WebOS tweak showed 100. Can't remember if the % symbol was displayed or not.

I prefer Preware's OTA method of installing patches, and don't want to have to "mix and match" using Preware and WebOS Quick Install. Not sure if you can install with one method and remove with another, so I may have to just stick with one method so I don't get mixed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    thanks eric. Somebody finally answered me lol but yes. I restarted luna and then restarted the whole fone. No bueno. I want to use 2.03 but last time I did, it messed up my messaging app. So I'm a lil tender on that subject. As far as formatting, idk. I used painter to save my pic as .png. Is that incorrect?

I would try using an already created .png to see if that works. I'm attaching one I know for a fact works.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think you misunderstood me, I want to extract an .ipk file from a friend's Pre so that I can put it on my own Pre. The app is no longer in the homebrew gallery but she still has the app on her Pre. But I'm starting to think it won't be posible to do, since e money already explained to me that the .ipk file doesn't get stored on the device it auto-extracts into the Pre so there's no 1 file to get.
    Ah, gotcha. I did misunderstand you. What is the .ipk file you were looking for out of curiosity?
    Hi Rod,

Is it possible to simply download Preware via the SDK? (One reason: WebOS Quick Install doesn't yet work with 1.2. Second reason - I have no other reason to use WQI.)

If so, do I just drag the .ipk onto the palm-install.bat icon like I would install other .ipk files?

If so, where is the .ipk to download?
    Last edited by varoomba; 10/02/2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Hi Rod,

Is it possible to simply download Preware via the SDK? (One reason: WebOS Quick Install doesn't yet work with 1.2. Second reason - I have no other reason to use WQI.)

If so, do I just drag the .ipk onto the palm-install.bat icon like I would install other .ipk files?

WebOsQuick Install DOES work with 1.2 for downloading & installing - it is only the "tweaks" in WIQI that don't work with 1.2.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Hi Rod,

Quick install will install preware. The issue with quick install is the tweaks section. I used quick install 2.6 to get preware. Then Preware's auto patch feed to install the tweaks. Right now I have everything but message landscape working.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    ok, So I installed the patch from the autoatch to add the avatar and it installed the patch. But when I went to transfer my image could not find the My avatar.png file. Does anyone know where the avatar patch puts this in 1.2 and is it called something different?
    Last edited by alvin319; 10/02/2009 at 09:16 AM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Im curious as to why the WebOS-internals wiki has not been updated to reflect the change logs of almost anything since mid Sept.
    there is no way for you that you can get the ipk from your friends pre... the files is getting deleted after install and only extracted files stay on pre...

what you are looking for? what app and what version?
    My experience with some of the patches (tweaks) that are available in Preware is that once installed they cannot be removed.

I installed the following patches from Preware and had to use webOS Doctor in order to remove them. Jason's webOS repair program would not take them out either.

These are the six that I had a problem with:
    5 x 4 launcher, add/delete pages in application launcher, allow avatar in messinging, call duration in log, enable landscape email, read all del all patch

The others I used worked and I had did not have a problem removing them.