Page 68 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 6094
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok so i got the patches reinstall took care of it

Now i have an issue brewing. I tried installing the led patch. Problem i have is that i get an error. I think this is because i modded the files myself. No i have them backed up so i can replace them, but when i go to replace it says no device. I was doing it quickly because we were leaving. Possibly there was a space in there??? Any suggestions to fix???
    wierd... I've reloaded preware i'd say 5 times trying to get it to work. I even web doctored my phone twice for it. I just loaded it again after giving up on it and for some reason its working now. The only things i changed this time is i had deleted quick install so i had to downloaded it again (fresh copy) and the first time i tried it i had wifi off. Dont know what was causeing the problem but its working and its working really fast.
    Last edited by bigwood212; 10/01/2009 at 07:56 PM.
    i take that back... preware doesnt update on my wifi router with dd-wrt... and once it hangs in update i have to reset my phone before preware will update with wifi off even. Seems like preware doesnt like ddwrt.
  4.    #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    i take that back... preware doesnt update on my wifi router with dd-wrt... and once it hangs in update i have to reset my phone before preware will update with wifi off even. Seems like preware doesnt like ddwrt.
    EDgeofNJ contacted me over AIM, he was having trouble replying to the thread for some reason.

His problem was specifically with the preyourmind feed when trying to access it over wifi. I don't think its a problem with ddwrt, as I'm using it here and have no problem updating over wifi. And even then, its not a problem with preware. It's most likely a problem with your ISP or how your internet connection is setup. Something that is clearly out of prewares control, It just asks for the file, and then it waits for it to respond.

If you install terminal/termplugin or have access through putty, you can try these commands to disable it and see if it then works for you over wifi:
    Code:
    cd /var/etc/ipkg
    mv preyourmind.conf ../
    And to move it back:
    Code:
    cd /var/etc
    mv preyourmind.conf ipkg/
    Feed management from within preware will hopefully be done by the next release and will make such a change easier.
    I had preware installed on my phone prior to the 1.2 update, but I ran WebOS doctor to make the update smooth (which it did). But now after I ran WebOS Quick Install, I can find filecoaster (and did and it works fine), but Preware is no longer on the list. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by dagsluvr View Post
    Can someone pls help me out i'm trying to install the LED patch with Preware but i keep getting an installation error...
    Fixed the problem..by uninstalling and reinstalling package manager service
    and Preware...
    you need to install it via webOS quick install
    To expand a little on that helpful post....

You've probably just selected the wrong feed. When you install from the feeds via WOSQI, the default feed is not the right one. You have to select the "
    "WebOS-internals ALL" feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Diako View Post
    you need to install it via webOS quick install
    That's what you would think, but like I said above, it is not there.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    anyone know how to get the avatar working in the message app? I downloaded the patch, the box comes up, I added a .png photo to my dcim photo album, but I can't find a way to get the pic n the box
    I thought WebOS Quick Install wasn't compatible with the 1.2 update?
    Quote Originally Posted by danikat411 View Post
    I thought WebOS Quick Install wasn't compatible with the 1.2 update?
    WOSQI is just fine as long as all you're using it for is to install applications. Using any of the other features, ESPECIALLY the tweaks, if a very bad plan.
    It worked fine for me. File Coaster didn't work the first try after the update, but I tried it yesterday and it worked just fine.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    I installed the battery percentage patch this morning and it worked great then this evening there was an update so i removed it and was going to reinstall the new patch well guess what i get error 4 now and cannot install the battery percentage patch

anyone else having problems using preware to remove a patch and then not being able to put it back on??
    yea I had that issue. Run the emergency patch. It restored original files. Then try reinstalling after you reboot ur fone
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    please go to the appropriate thread in the homebrew apps section.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Wondering why some application names now show as "This is a webOS application." For instance.. Shoutcast (op9)
    I've been getting this on some applications myself. The weird thing is that it's not just Homebrew Applications like Pack'n'Track showing it, but also Pandora and a couple other official apps.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emoney_33
    Could you explain what you mean, because I don't know what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to extract an .ipk of an app that's an older version of the one that's on the HB gallery. I'm trying to do this with the webos quick installer's send/receive tool. I have a friend that has the version that I want on her Pre and was wondering which was the directory that Preware places the apps on so
    I can look for it there maybe..... I'm still not sure if that's even posible but I'm willing to try. (I have little to no knowledge of Linux, but I've installed patches manually before)

And thanks for the response!
    Hopefully this is not a duplicate request. I did not see it anywhere in my searches...

I find myself using the list everything bit quite a bit, just so I can see what is new. Unfortunately, more often than not the 'new' stuff is dominated by themes.

Maybe we should have an option to see everything except themes? Or add an option in Available Applications to see all by date, instead of just by Category or Feed?

Let me know that I am not alone, or kick me to the curb. It's your call!
    Quote Originally Posted by opendave View Post
    Hopefully this is not a duplicate request. I did not see it anywhere in my searches...

I find myself using the list everything bit quite a bit, just so I can see what is new. Unfortunately, more often than not the 'new' stuff is dominated by themes.

Maybe we should have an option to see everything except themes? Or add an option in Available Applications to see all by date, instead of just by Category or Feed?

Let me know that I am not alone, or kick me to the curb. It's your call!
    You could go to 'Available Applications' and there's a List all there and it only includes the applications. You can then choose to sort them by a-z or by time they were added..... hope this helps a bit