Page 67 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 6094
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Sorry but anyone have any ideas on why my autopatch feed isn't populating?? thinking of resorting to reloading preware, package manager services and autopatch feed.

Anyone????
    can anyone tell me what's the directory that preware installs the ipkg packages at?? I'm trying to "receive" an .ipk from a webos 1.1 Pre with webos QI so that I can save that app for later use.... is that even posible?
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    yeah, i just realized this...haha. I knew that too, just woke up with all these goody's. Only thing now is i've installed LED and it is turned on, but doesnt work for some reason. I did already have this before, i put it in as a patch on Terminal and it worked fine. I removed all patches prior to using Preware, and i installed led thru Preware and it showed up fine. But it wont work. So now i have uninstalled via Preware and trying again, but i might as well just use the patch again in Terminal. Anybody else having an issure with LED working once successfully installed?
    Also, i didnt use any patches that would prevent my phone from notifying me when i charge. Im not getting any sound when i plug in usb to charge anymore...any thoughts?

edit: second times a charm, led works with a second install via preware....still weird tho! Now about the no sound while charging thing.

did you restart luna or reboot after install?

Most patches need restart luna or phone reboot before they can take effect after an installation.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Sorry but anyone have any ideas on why my autopatch feed isn't populating?? thinking of resorting to reloading preware, package manager services and autopatch feed.

Anyone????
    Ive been reading the thread and your not the only one, make sure to read everything, then decide.
    But it doesnt sound like a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    did you restart luna or reboot after install?

Most patches need restart luna or phone reboot before they can take effect after an installation.
    yes, of course, i have the nifty Luna restart app!!! But i did get the LED to work on the second install, however it does not explain my Pre not notifying me when i plug in to charge...i have the new notification patch, and it's definitely on, so i dont get it. It shouldnt really matter normally, but i sometimes have to adjust it to connect, and i dont want to have to look at the charge symbol everytime...ya know.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ok I installed preware via .ipk when i open it i am prompted to update which i do. How ever all the patches are greyed out for download. Is installing via .ipk not sufficent? Do you have to do it vs the WebOs method?

Are there some steps I am missing?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Maybe this is a stupid question but going to ask it anyways.

Does your pre need to be rooted to get and use these patches. From what i have seen so far no, but just looking for some clarification.

What would be the suggested install order for a reinstall of preware and the services.
    1. Package manger
    2. Preware
    3. autopatch feed
    Quote Originally Posted by Niris777 View Post
    can anyone tell me what's the directory that preware installs the ipkg packages at?? I'm trying to "receive" an .ipk from a webos 1.1 Pre with webos QI so that I can save that app for later use.... is that even posible?
    Anyone? Please?
    PM or Let me know when you get an answer. I am searching the net for these answers as well. But I have class tonight.. gtg. Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    PM or Let me know when you get an answer. I am searching the net for these answers as well. But I have class tonight.. gtg. Peace!
    Well hopefully someone will help me out......
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Well hopefully someone will help me out......
    I'm not sure off the top of my head but it would be easy to find out:
    If you don't have the terminal app installed, install it and the terminal service that goes with it.

Then just use your friendly unix command reference (wikipedia) to find the command and switches that list files and will scan directories. hint: ls
    Just look for an ipk you know you used preware to put on your pre.
    No, it does not have to be rooted. The list you have is the suggested install order.

Maybe this is a stupid question but going to ask it anyways.

Does your pre need to be rooted to get and use these patches. From what i have seen so far no, but just looking for some clarification.

What would be the suggested install order for a reinstall of preware and the services.
    1. Package manger
    2. Preware
    3. autopatch feed
    Patches that didn't install for me:

1. Message Forwarding
    2. Messaging Enter Newline
    3. Replies/Forwards Black Font

Could you explain what you mean, because I don't know what you are trying to do?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Can someone pls help me out i'm trying to install the LED patch with Preware but i keep getting an installation error...
    Root into your device and apply the patches via Quilt.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    1. Package manger
    2. Preware
    3. autopatch feed
    Sounds good. But use Preware to install the autopatch-feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Could you explain what you mean, because I don't know what you are trying to do?
    I'm trying to extract an .ipk of an app that's an older version of the one that's on the HB gallery. I'm trying to do this with the webos quick installer's send/receive tool. I have a friend that has the version that I want on her Pre and was wondering which was the directory that Preware places the apps on so
    I can look for it there maybe..... I'm still not sure if that's even posible but I'm willing to try. (I have little to no knowledge of Linux, but I've installed patches manually before)

And thanks for the response!
    This is a great job preware.works awsome.thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by EDgeofNJ View Post
    Since I seem to be having the same problem, I'll continue troubleshooting. I had suspected the internet connection as well, from reading a previous post, but I thought those issues only applied to earlier versions, and I have a solid wifi connection. After playing around with the connections for some time, it seems to be working for me using EVDO and not wifi. I plan to continue trying with other wifi networks. I am able to use wifi for other apps (web, email, messaging, etc); could there be a conflict with Preware and my router (loaded with dd-wrt) or ISP that could be blocking the request? When the application is updating feeds, what internet addresses and ports are used? Am I going down the wrong path?

I am attaching the messages log after performing the following:

1:34 reboot complete
    1:34 opened preware
    1:35 update feeds - complete
    1:36 enabled wifi
    1:36 update feeds
    1:37 still updating
    1:38 still updating
    1:39 still updating
    1:40 still updating
    1:40 closed preware

Thanks again for any help you could offer!
    Hmmm.... I too am useing a router running dd-wrt. Im going to reload and see if it updates with wifi off. I've tried it before and it didnt but that was after i had already been hung up a few times.