Page 66 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 6094
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Ok removed auto because when i clicked on launch it did nothing

Restarted pre. reinstalled the autoupdate from here autopatch-feed | PréYourMind

Back in the same boat. When i open it says installed but get the launch and remove options. Tap launch and nothing happens.

Go back to main page of preware and click on pref then update and get nothing as well???

Any ideas???
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post

Restarted pre. reinstalled the autoupdate from here autopatch-feed | PréYourMind

Back in the same boat. When i open it says installed but get the launch and remove options. Tap launch and nothing happens.

Go back to main page of preware and click on pref then update and get nothing as well???

Any ideas???
    I would suggest not installing it the way you have been. Just use the steps in the post above to install the autopatch.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Now we need a Luna Restart App.

Any ideas???

It is not something you launch, it just adds the feed to conf area. After you update feeds from the main screen, do you see the "Available Patches" item from the main screen?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  5. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    There already is one. It's called Luna Manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    I don't see the autopatch to touch on my screen help please
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    My understanding is the Luna restart was left out so people could install and test as many patches as possible without having to constantly restart Luna. After this beta round is over the Luna restart will be added to each patch.
    WebOS 1.2 supports Downloading in browser. So there is no need for the patch.
    Actually there is a need because you can download streaming content with the patch. The built in downloading doesn't support that.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    Actually there is a need because you can download streaming content with the patch. The built in downloading doesn't support that.
    My bad. Thanks for the correction.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    It is not something you launch, it just adds the feed to conf area. After you update feeds from the main screen, do you see the "Available Patches" item from the main screen?
    It is there but greyed out. and when i update i don't get any added???
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    The patch needs to be updated/changed and separated to smaller separate patches for each functionality. I believe the maintainer of this patch is working on it. But please post all specific patch information here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ches-list.html

It is there but greyed out. and when i update i don't get any added???

Hmm, do yo uhave the latest ipkgsesrvice and preware? Do you have access to a terminal so you can tell me the output of the following 2 command:

Code:
    ls /var/etc/ipkg/
    cat /var/etc/ipkg/autopatch.conf

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    why is the download button greyed on for most programs on my updated preload?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

Hmm, do yo uhave the latest ipkgsesrvice and preware? Do you have access to a terminal so you can tell me the output of the following 2 command:

Code:
    ls /var/etc/ipkg/
    cat /var/etc/ipkg/autopatch.conf
    I have package manager service 0.94
    And Preware 0.91

How do i run the commands and i can!
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ird View Post
    There already is one. It's called Luna Manager.
    Kewl ! Got it ... it works great!

Didn't find that on a search at first.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    My understanding is the Luna restart was left out so people could install and test as many patches as possible without having to constantly restart Luna. After this beta round is over the Luna restart will be added to each patch.
    I hope they leave it like this. It is very quick to install multiple patches and restart after. Actually, if they could add a "Luna Restart" button inside of preware that would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I hope they leave it like this. It is very quick to install multiple patches and restart after. Actually, if they could add a "Luna Restart" button inside of preware that would be awesome.
    Or they could make that an option under prefs.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Or keep track of any packages that require a Luna restart and automatically restart Luna on exit of Preware.
    Guys, there's a homebrew app called Luna Manager, that has the ability to both rescan and restart Luna. Just install that one homebrew app, and that's it. You can install that app from within Preware, and then it's always there.
    WebOS 1.2 supports Downloading in browser. So there is no need for the patch.
    yeah, i just realized this...haha. I knew that too, just woke up with all these goody's. Only thing now is i've installed LED and it is turned on, but doesnt work for some reason. I did already have this before, i put it in as a patch on Terminal and it worked fine. I removed all patches prior to using Preware, and i installed led thru Preware and it showed up fine. But it wont work. So now i have uninstalled via Preware and trying again, but i might as well just use the patch again in Terminal. Anybody else having an issure with LED working once successfully installed?
    Also, i didnt use any patches that would prevent my phone from notifying me when i charge. Im not getting any sound when i plug in usb to charge anymore...any thoughts?

edit: second times a charm, led works with a second install via preware....still weird tho! Now about the no sound while charging thing.
    Last edited by holley2583; 10/01/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I added the autopatch feed to my Preware today so I could install patches more easily. Was browsing through them and it started to bug me that I'm not able to read the full title of the patch. I realize this would be very low priority, but I'm wondering if you could add a way for the user to specify the font size for the lists of Apps/Patches/etc. in the Preferences or provide some way to horizontally scroll the titles. A number of the patches are still missing descriptions, so without being able to read the entire title, its hard to tell from Preware what they do. I've had to resort to going to the feed directly in a web browser to look at the names. Just some thoughts. Thanks.