Page 65 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Not sure what it means, but I installed a bunch of patches last night. Then on accident I ran the EPR. It just removed every patch I put on. So I just put them back on again. Seems to work well.
    I hate to ask, but where is the "emergency patch recovery" I looked under applications... Did not see it there...
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    perfect. Thanks for explaining emoney_33

awesome work on this stuff. Webos is becoming a great platform thnks to you all
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe04 View Post
    I hate to ask, but where is the "emergency patch recovery" I looked under applications... Did not see it there...
    When you look at the applications, select all apps and it should be right near the top.
    Or look under "system utilities".
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Went into Webosqi and looked to see what i had installed and i had the auto patch installed but when i launch preware i don't get any patches???
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    So it did update successfully on evdo, but when you switched to wifi is when it seemed to stop working? Did you wait for the connection to come all-the-way up before hitting update feeds?

Do you have terminal/termplugin installed or have access to command line through putty so you can run "ipkg -o /var update" and tell me what it says? (when on wifi.)

Or if not, can you access all of these addresses in the browser when connected over wifi?
    Thanks oil, we seem to be on to something. To answer your questions, yes I was on EVDO and it the update completed successfully. After switching on wifi (and waiting for the icon animation to complete), the update did not complete.

After running the command in the terminal, it seems to go through the feeds fine up until the first preyourmind feed, at which point it hangs.

I tried all of the provided feed links from the Pre while connected to wifi and they all seem to work fine with the exception of the 2 from preyourmind.org. Those seem to return inconsistent results. At first they just timed out without returning anything. I tried on my laptop (via wifi if that matters) and they slowly returned a page with a depiction of a 3-slot array. I then returned to the Pre and manually keyed in the address into a web card and then they returned the array as well. Then I went back to your post (on the Pre) and tried to click on those links again and it either didn't return anything or returned with the "Unable to Load Page" error message (Error loading page. [2056]). Interesting enough, when I copy the address from the page that was trying to load and paste it into a new card, I am able to get the page from the new card. A stop/refresh of the existing card continues to spin. Obviously, the links are the same and the Pre should handle the links in the same manner regardless of whether it's hyperlinked from a page or if it's manually keyed.

On the laptop, ping to preyourmind.org returns an average of 192ms. Traceroute timed out in the middle hops but was eventually able to get to an address in Germany.

Is this helping or is it convoluting things? Again, thanks for your help.

UPDATE: I did some offline troubleshooting with oil (thx) and found that the preyourmind feed was indeed causing the update process to hang. After removing the feeds via the Terminal and reinvoking the update process via wifi, it completed successfully. So, at least in my scenario, Preware hanging during update would appear to be caused by inconsistent connectivity between my ISP and the preyourmind servers.
    Last edited by EDgeofNJ; 10/01/2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Went into Webosqi and looked to see what i had installed and i had the auto patch installed but when i launch preware i don't get any patches???
    When you are in Preware, tap the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner. Select update feeds. Should be good to go after that.
    dude, preware is so awesome. i was able to install all the patches i needed without any issue. thanks again to all the guys that made preware so uber awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    how do I get all the patches to show up my preware only shows the virtual keybaord, anyone please

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
    1.2 patch compatibility information. May be deprecated soon, because they are almost all working, hehe.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ches-list.html
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    When you are in Preware, tap the dropdown menu in the upper left-hand corner. Select update feeds. Should be good to go after that.
    Ok clicked update and it said it went through but no extra patches???

not sure i have the best cell/internet service where i sit. Could that have a affect on it??
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Ok clicked update and it said it went through but no extra patches???

not sure i have the best cell/internet service where i sit. Could that have a affect on it??
    Are you sure you have auto-patch installed? in preware select "installed packages", then select "application", is it listed there?
    I downloaded it just like it says at the top. It just keeps saying updating. so i restarted my pre. I go to it and still says updating, it's been like ten minutes now. Please help me!!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Are you sure you have auto-patch installed? in preware select "installed packages", then select "application", is it listed there?
    my options when i go into that is launch or remove.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    my options when i go into that is launch or remove.
    Mine only shows remove, so try and press launch, then go back and update feeds. If it still doesn't work try a restart.
    Download in browser gives me a chunk 4 error, usually means that i still have it downloaded, but i never used that tweak. Any ideas why?
    Also Battery percentage..
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Download in browser gives me a chunk 4 error, usually means that i still have it downloaded, but i never used that tweak. Any ideas why?
    WebOS 1.2 supports Downloading in browser. So there is no need for the patch.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Why can i not find 'Available Patches' on my version of Preware v0.9.1? Only 'Updated Updates', 'Available Packages', 'Installed Packages' and 'List of Everything'.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhand View Post
    Why can i not find 'Available Patches' on my version of Preware v0.9.1? Only 'Updated Updates', 'Available Packages', 'Installed Packages' and 'List of Everything'.

Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    Add the feed Steps
    1. Available applications
    2. All
    3. touch autopatch-feed
    4. touch install
    Back all the way out
    Bring down Preware menu (swipe down from the top left corner)
    Pick Update Feeds (watch the number of Available Packages go way up)
    Go into Available patches
    Go into All
    Jump up and down with Glee!!!!
    Last edited by Twosted; 10/01/2009 at 02:30 PM.
    you can add tweaks to web os 1.2 with the old version of quick install 2.03