Page 64 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by cdadams1223 View Post
    Well, I guess I'm a moron because I still don't see the autopatch-feed. On my main Preware screen, I see the following:

Package Updates (grayed out)
    Available Apps
    Available Themes
    Available Patches (grayed out)
    Installed Packages
    List of Everything

I've checked for the autopatch file and have yet to find it. Does it matter that I installed Preware or updated Preware w/ WOSQI 2.5? PLEASE HELP! I need some patches.
    Run this in Quick Install, and they will show up under Patches.

http://preyourmind.org/files/org.web....0.0_all_0.ipk
    Message Forwarding, and Add Date to Top Bar patches won't install for me for some reason. I've tried reseting a couple of times, but still no luck. help please. thanks
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I guess with all the tweaks/patches I would always install them via Web OS quick install, but I have recently update to 1.2, I want all the tweaks back but obviously the current Web OS quick install wont work with it.

I saw a thread on here for downloading them via Preware with 1.2, so obvisouly i tried that but every time I tried to download I would get an error installing for all the tweaks I tried. Can someone help? I have it in developer mode, i dont know if that would affect it....anyone have any ideas?
    and then just added to my pre as an app via WOQI, works great. have 4x4, clean text, theme, landscape email, dialpad vibrate, add launch pages, led notification. No problems so far
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    really like the mobile website renderings

ps. title should be feed not fee
    Last edited by LonghornTreo; 10/01/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Does anyone know if are all these tested to work with 1.2?
    As far as I know not all are working. The ones that aren't working however will not download to your phone at all so no worries on the ones that are not yet compatiable...
    check out the #webos-internals channel on freenode irc.

dev mode doesn't matter, but I don't like to leave it on as I've seen it make some processes on the Pre eat a lot of cpu cycles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post

That link didn't work for me Pioneer.

Says "Page not Found"
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Another nice patch might be to be able to change the bootlogo on the go.. If someone made an app that you could select from two PNG files on your device for the bootlogos..
    don't work for me either help anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by consiglere View Post
    Message Forwarding, and Add Date to Top Bar patches won't install for me for some reason. I've tried reseting a couple of times, but still no luck. help please. thanks
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    don't work for me either help anyone?
    Those patches don't work right now. If you get an error when installing a patch, it means it is not compatable and will not work.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

Yes, well sort of. It is not unbreakable but is OTA compatible. I personally installed 40 patches before updating to 1.2.0 and then ran the recovery "emergency patch recovery" utility to uninstall all patches (took about 5 minutes to complete). If a file is updated by Palm, the patch will fail to uninstall cleanly and thus not be able to uninstall. However, the EPR will use the backup system put in place by installations to remove all patches and recover original files. But it wont overwrite files that are known to be good (which would be the case after OTA). It would cause problems if you did an OTA, then MODIFIED a file and then ran EPR (if that file was thought to be touched by a previously intalled patch). Then the old backup would overwrite the updated-edited file. In which case Jason's Repair Utilty or the Doctor may be needed.

wow. Sorry if I'm not too quick on the uptake. But does this mean we need to run this with a clean webos (no patches) to back up before applying patches? Is there some danger in patching then running this later if needed to temove them. Already removed the couple patches I had before updating to 1.2. Between this and the warning on the epr page in preware, I can't tell if this should be run now or if I can patch away without worry
    This is wonderful, and couldn't be easier. Thank you! Is the only donation option via the Web-OS Internals page?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    wow. Sorry if I'm not too quick on the uptake. But does this mean we need to run this with a clean webos (no patches) to back up before applying patches? Is there some danger in patching then running this later if needed to temove them. Already removed the couple patches I had before updating to 1.2. Between this and the warning on the epr page in preware, I can't tell if this should be run now or if I can patch away without worry
    Patch away without worry. If its not compatable it won't install. Also there is an "emergency patch recovery" application under the app section that will remove all the patches and restore the system files.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosted View Post
    Patch away without worry. If its not compatable it won't install. Also there is an "emergency patch recovery" application under the app section that will remove all the patches and restore the system files.
    the recovery tool is what I'm asking. What is the warning about?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    the recovery tool is what I'm asking. What is the warning about?
    Not sure what it means, but I installed a bunch of patches last night. Then on accident I ran the EPR. It just removed every patch I put on. So I just put them back on again. Seems to work well.
    I've been trying to run PreWare, and it keeps on pausing at "Checking Version."
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post

Ok i found the ipk file on preyourmind installed it and ran preware but the autopatch is still not in there is there something i am missing???

I didn't think this would be so complicated lol.

Sorry, I will re-word that Warning soon. Basically you can think of it like this. Every single patch in the autopatch feed operates under the same structure of backing things up and uses the same hidden control area. EPR uses this control area and structure to recover all of those backups. EPR does not know about anything you do manually or outside of the autopatch structure. It will put all the files that autopatch patches have touched back to their original state they were in before the specific file was touched for the first time by an autopatch patch.

The warning means if you use autopatch patches and then do an OTA update, you are safe to run EPR still but ONLY before you manually touch any files directly after an OTA. Basically let's assume 1.3.0 comes out tomorrow. Today you install 20 patches from the autopatch feed, and then tomorrow you update to 1.3.0. Preware will list all of those patches as "installed" because the ipkg info hasn't been touched. However Palm may have updated any number of the packages and overwritten the patches so they aren't actually in effect. You can run EPR to safely remove all the patches (the backup files will be thrown away if a clean file is detected which they will be clean after an OTA if they were touched). However if you went into a file and modified it after the OTA and THEN ran EPR, you might cause issues of recovering an old 1.2 file.

OK that may be a lot of information but basically the ONLY case that EPR will mess you up is when you:

Patch with autopatch, run OTA update, modify any file that you had patched before with autopatch, run EPR.

Other than that you are OK.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

F'in sweet it works!!!

Add the feed Steps
    1. Available packages
    2. Feed
    3. All
    4. touch autopatch-feed
    5. touch install
    Back all the way out
    Bring down Preware menu (swipe down from the top left corner)
    Pick Update Feeds (watch the number of Available Packages go way up)
    Go into Available Packages
    Go into Patch
    Go into All
    Jump up and down with Glee!!!!