Page 63 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 6094
  1. #1241  
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba View Post
    Since WebOS Quick Install appears to not work under 1.2 yet, is it possible to load Preware using a script via root access?
    Only the tweaks don't work with 1.2 everything else works so just go ahead and load your preware with WebOS Quick Install.
  2. #1242  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    ah ok thx for the clarification. So I should use the emergency patch recovery 1.1.1, then reinstall all the patches. Correct?
    Yes that s correct, also you need to remove the virtual keyboard seperatelly if you have that installed, because the Emergency patch recovery. 1.1.1 will not remove the keyboard.
  3. #1243  
    Quote Originally Posted by consiglere View Post
    This might be a stupid question but I currently have Preware v0.9.1 and it's only showing (1) patch available (virtual keyboard). I installed it from WebOS Quick Install v2.52.

    How can I go about getting Preware v0.9.1? Do I need to downgrade my WebOS Quick Install or should I just wait for the next WebOS Quick Install (i.e. it should have the boxes where you can check which tweaks/patches you want). Thanks
    You already have what you need to have to get all the patches, open up preware, then clik on ALL PROGRAM, then ALL, and intall the autopatch-feed file, when its completed restart your preware and all your patches should be there.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 10/01/2009 at 10:55 AM.
  4. #1244  
    This is the catsarse !
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 10/01/2009 at 10:55 AM.
  5. #1245  
    One further thought... the keyboard patch works for some, but not for all. Definitely wait until they get it working reliably before you worry too much. Secondly, the patch for the LED notifications will soon be available, but right now you will have to gain root access to the Pre and make changes to the code yourself.

    If you are comfortable with that, the instructions/links are on PreCentral.net's home page. If you are not comfortable with making these changes, I would suggest holding off until a reliable patch is made for that as well.
  6. #1246  
    Is anyone else having problems for preware to start up, I keep getting stuck on Checking Version or Updating, but never goes anywhere. Worked fine this morning. I have restarted my phone a couple of times.
  7. Deck82's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #1247  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems for preware to start up, I keep getting stuck on Checking Version or Updating, but never goes anywhere. Worked fine this morning. I have restarted my phone a couple of times.
    Yes the same problem...I'm stuck on "Checking Version" now which I don't think I've ever seen. At least it seems to be finding PMS now.
  8. #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deck82 View Post
    Yes the same problem...I'm stuck on "Checking Version" now which I don't think I've ever seen. At least it seems to be finding PMS now.
    Same here worked earlier , stuck , it's working again
  9. #1249  
    I wonder if maybe there is a new version of preware coming out and I think they mention at one point that version .9.1 will check for version updates.
  10.    #1250  
    The "Checking Version" is preware checking the api version of the package manager service, to make sure you have a current version of the service that will return what preware is expecting.

    Updates to preware are handled the same way updates are handled to everything else. It's only a package.

    If you get stuck in "Checking Version" a restart will fix it.
  11. #1251  
    I just d/l the emergency patch recovery... But how do I run it? There doesn't seem to be any instructions or an icon on the launcher.


    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Yes that s correct, also you need to remove the virtual keyboard seperatelly if you have that installed, because the Emergency patch recovery. 1.1.1 will not remove the keyboard.
  12. #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I just d/l the emergency patch recovery... But how do I run it? There doesn't seem to be any instructions or an icon on the launcher.
    After you intall it, just restart your phone and your done, all you patches and the emergency patch recovery itself will be removed.
  13. Deck82's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #1253  
    It is working now! Had to turn the phone off and back on instead of Orange + Sym + "R".
  14. #1254  
    hm then something's definitely wrong. The emergency repair is gone after reboot, but the patch I was trying to remove is still there. :/


    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    After you intall it, just restart your phone and your done, all you patches and the emergency patch recovery itself will be removed.
  15. Deck82's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #1255  
    I have read though most of this Thread and there is one question I have that I have not seen asked yet. When installing Patches through Preware should I have my Theme uninstalled or does it matter? I ask because with QI I messed up my SMS app and I believe it was due to adding/removing Tweeks while a Theme was installed. Would rather not have to go to the Dr. again....especially since I'm at work now. Sorry if I missed this already being asked or answered somewhere.
  16. #1256  
    I installed patches with theme on and had no issues Deck...I have the blue theme.
  17. #1257  
    Just wanted to let anyone that is interested know that the autopatch-feed is able to be downloaded again. I've been trying since last night when I found it was available, but by the looks of the forum it had been taking down. Well I guess it is up again cause it just worked. Just a heads up to you all!
  18. #1258  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe04 View Post
    Just wanted to let anyone that is interested know that the autopatch-feed is able to be downloaded again. I've been trying since last night when I found it was available, but by the looks of the forum it had been taking down. Well I guess it is up again cause it just worked. Just a heads up to you all!
    Well, I guess I'm a moron because I still don't see the autopatch-feed. On my main Preware screen, I see the following:

    Package Updates (grayed out)
    Available Apps
    Available Themes
    Available Patches (grayed out)
    Installed Packages
    List of Everything

    I've checked for the autopatch file and have yet to find it. Does it matter that I installed Preware or updated Preware w/ WOSQI 2.5? PLEASE HELP! I need some patches.
  19. #1259  
    The autopatch-feeed is under available apps, then hit "all", you should find it in the first couple.
  20. #1260  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe04 View Post
    Just wanted to let anyone that is interested know that the autopatch-feed is able to be downloaded again. I've been trying since last night when I found it was available, but by the looks of the forum it had been taking down. Well I guess it is up again cause it just worked. Just a heads up to you all!
    Does anyone know if are all these tested to work with 1.2?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions