Page 62 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    hm I seem to have a package that's installed, but does not work, and cannot be removed.

it's the "Add date to topbar without..." patch version 0.2.4

I keep getting an error 4 when I try to remove it. Any ideas?
    Ya I have the same problem with the Shutter Sound On/Off Button Patch
    hm I seem to have a package that's installed, but does not work, and cannot be removed.

same here, i actually got it working, and then i ran quickinstall 2.03 to remove redundant patches like, 4x4 icons, battery precent etc etc,so that i can install those patches via preware instead and when i rebooted my date on top wasnt there like it was before i used QI 2.03, so i went back to preware to reinstall/remove and i cant remove it now to try and reinstall it
  3. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Can anyone help me I have tried installing the Shutter Sound On/Off Button Patch and accidently hit the back gesture and it didn't give me a message that the Patch was installed or that there was an error but now it shows up as if it was installed but the patch is not actually there and I'm not able to remove it as it gives me an error. Is there a way to install over it again. Thanks

had the same problem! i ran repair utillity 1.5 after i removed the patches i could! and repaired every file that came up! worked for me!
    I have been trying to launch preware since i got up this morning and it just keeps saying checking version. Is it down?
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    had the same problem! i ran repair utillity 1.5 after i removed the patches i could! and repaired every file that came up! worked for me!
    Sweet will try that at lunch when I go home and will let you guys know if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by fred72matt View Post
    I have been trying to launch preware since i got up this morning and it just keeps saying checking version. Is it down?

Reboot you phone and it will be fine.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I'm a little confused by your statement. How do you "remove all the patches" in order to run the repair utility, when the original issue is that the patch cannot be removed? That's the issue I'm having: a particular patch cannot be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    Sweet will try that at lunch when I go home and will let you guys know if it works.
    will try as well, i really like the date on top option, and whats even crazier , is now all these tweaks can be done thru preware
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    will try as well, i really like the date on top option, and whats even crazier , is now all these tweaks can be done thru preware
    I know I never really liked doing all the Patches through WebOS Quick install as it seems there were alwasy some kind of problems, but this through Preware works awsome. LOVE IT
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Ok....for some reason Preware is now telling me that Package Manager Services in not running. I know it is installed becasue Preload sees it and says it's up to date. I have tried a Restset, power on and off, and a battery pull and still get the messge that Package Manager Services is not installed or running. Could this be because I added the Patch feed last night and it requires a newer version of PMS?
    I'm a little confused by your statement. How do you "remove all the patches" in order to run the repair utility, when the original issue is that the patch cannot be removed? That's the issue I'm having: a particular patch cannot be removed.
    What he is trying to say is remove all you patches that you are able to remove and the run the webos repair utility and it should remove the ones that you are not able to remove through Preware.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hopefully all the tweaks will come this way but some may not be possible
    This might be a stupid question but I currently have Preware v0.9.1 and it's only showing (1) patch available (virtual keyboard). I installed it from WebOS Quick Install v2.52.

How can I go about getting Preware v0.9.1? Do I need to downgrade my WebOS Quick Install or should I just wait for the next WebOS Quick Install (i.e. it should have the boxes where you can check which tweaks/patches you want). Thanks
    I installed the Preware today. I have the webOS 1.2. I downloaded the LED patch and virtual keyboard, but they don't work. What should I do ?
    ah ok thx for the clarification. So I should use the emergency patch recovery 1.1.1, then reinstall all the patches. Correct?

What he is trying to say is remove all you patches that you are able to remove and the run the webos repair utility and it should remove the ones that you are not able to remove through Preware.
    Wait for them to work on 1.2.0
    Since WebOS Quick Install appears to not work under 1.2 yet, is it possible to load Preware using a script via root access?
    Does anybody know why the tethering is not working the pre? Or is it just mine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but I am unable to detect it as a hot spot.
    6 weeks later, I finally downloaded this, had to give you yet another thumbs up! thank you! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bcornish View Post
    Does anybody know why the tethering is not working the pre? Or is it just mine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but I am unable to detect it as a hot spot.
    Wifi has been disabled for WebOS 1.2, they have fixed the issue for the paid version but the free version doesn't support wifi. At least not yet. I think he is trying to force people to donate.