Page 61 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 6094
  1. #1201  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I have never seen you ask for help getting your /var/log/messages off your pre.

    Have you tried copying the /var/log/messages file to /media/internal and getting it off your pre by hooking it up in USB mode? I thought that was pretty self explanatory...

    And let me get your problem straight. It never, ever gets past updating? Do you have wifi? Do you have crappy evdo coverage?

    Do you have terminal/termplugin installed or putty command line access? Can you run "ipkg -o /var update" (without quotes, obviously) and tell me what it says or where it stops? (thats basically the update command that the gui runs.)
    Since I seem to be having the same problem, I'll continue troubleshooting. I had suspected the internet connection as well, from reading a previous post, but I thought those issues only applied to earlier versions, and I have a solid wifi connection. After playing around with the connections for some time, it seems to be working for me using EVDO and not wifi. I plan to continue trying with other wifi networks. I am able to use wifi for other apps (web, email, messaging, etc); could there be a conflict with Preware and my router (loaded with dd-wrt) or ISP that could be blocking the request? When the application is updating feeds, what internet addresses and ports are used? Am I going down the wrong path?

    I am attaching the messages log after performing the following:

    1:34 reboot complete
    1:34 opened preware
    1:35 update feeds - complete
    1:36 enabled wifi
    1:36 update feeds
    1:37 still updating
    1:38 still updating
    1:39 still updating
    1:40 still updating
    1:40 closed preware

    Thanks again for any help you could offer!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Thanks! Just found it... but it says "WebOS 1.1.0 only!" ... Disregard?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i was applying patches and then out of no where thought everything was fine....i went to go to my screen and lock app and the brightness slider circle was gone...dont know wut caused that so i decided to run RU to repair everytihng except the blink notification (which i added manually) and the VK....everything got removed except the battery % icon which i was able to take out thru QI...everything finally looked normal thought i would go to Preware again and test one patch at least again....then it gives me an error and it said that i have the patch installed even though RU repaired it and QI removed it...so i decided to doctor my phone and wait till these auto patches get fixed more
    EPR... you run EPR and it will fix those things. The RU repairs the files to stock files, but the ipkg info doesn't get removed which is what tells any installer what apps/packages are installed.

    Also a lot of the patches require luna restart or reboots, but I haven't turned the auto restart stuff on yet so that all the testers can install multiple at a time before restart.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3. #1203  
    not sure if its just me but...msg forwarding just keeps giving me errors
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. #1204  
    1st of let me say that you guys are awesome and congrats on everything youve done thus far! congrats to you and thank you very much! this is great and i hope to see a lot more now just letting you guys know that browser download isnt working and neither is message forwarding...dont know if you guys knew that but just letting you guys know, thanks alot and keep up the good work
  5.    #1205  
    Quote Originally Posted by EDgeofNJ View Post
    Since I seem to be having the same problem, I'll continue troubleshooting. I had suspected the internet connection as well, from reading a previous post, but I thought those issues only applied to earlier versions, and I have a solid wifi connection. After playing around with the connections for some time, it seems to be working for me using EVDO and not wifi. I plan to continue trying with other wifi networks. I am able to use wifi for other apps (web, email, messaging, etc); could there be a conflict with Preware and my router (loaded with dd-wrt) or ISP that could be blocking the request? When the application is updating feeds, what internet addresses and ports are used? Am I going down the wrong path?

    I am attaching the messages log after performing the following:

    1:34 reboot complete
    1:34 opened preware
    1:35 update feeds - complete
    1:36 enabled wifi
    1:36 update feeds
    1:37 still updating
    1:38 still updating
    1:39 still updating
    1:40 still updating
    1:40 closed preware

    Thanks again for any help you could offer!
    So it did update successfully on evdo, but when you switched to wifi is when it seemed to stop working? Did you wait for the connection to come all-the-way up before hitting update feeds?

    Do you have terminal/termplugin installed or have access to command line through putty so you can run "ipkg -o /var update" and tell me what it says? (when on wifi.)

    Or if not, can you access all of these addresses in the browser when connected over wifi?
    Index of /feeds/canuck-software
    Index of /feeds/optware/all
    Index of /feeds/optware/i686
    Index of /feeds/pimpmypre
    Index of /feeds/precentral-themes
    Index of /feeds/precentral
    http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes
    http://preyourmind.org/services/feed/arch_all
    http://preyourmind.org/services/feed/arch_i686
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/i686
  6. #1206  
    can't install autopatch. Suggestions? I read pages back and haven't seen the answers to sum peoples' good questions. Do you need to be in dev mode? Do you need themes unistalled as well as v.keyboard uninstalled first?
  7. mikeotron's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #1207  
    Is the Autopatch-feed currently available for download or is it still in testing? It looks interesting as a single point of applications to the device.

    I tried to download it but get an error, the IPK log returns a 'Failed to download org.webosinternals.autopatch-feed.' with a 'wget:server returned error HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'

    Is there something else I need to install or is it not available yet to the genpop.
    Last edited by mikeotron; 10/01/2009 at 04:11 AM.
  8. djmannyd's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #1208  
    Hey does anyone know why I can't install autopatch-feed? All i get when I try is Error Installing [4]
  9. #1209  
    it was avail to me under feeds. But I get the same error you do
  10. #1210  
    The file got taken down. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it was probably posted prematurely and maybe taken down until it can be tested further.
  11. #1211  
    tht makes sense. Unfortunately, now I must gather up the shattered remains of what once was my hopes. Lol
  12. #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The file got taken down. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it was probably posted prematurely and maybe taken down until it can be tested further.

    I'm sure glad I discovered this when I did. By the sound of things it wasn't up for more than an hour after I found it, and it really saved my hide with WOSQI tweaks being unavailable for the moment.
  13. #1213  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatwilsonguy View Post
    is there a known conflict with the TXT Manager APP and the LED notificatio patch? After reboot i get a single blip upon txt but no sound.
    I replied to your post here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...23#post1937123
  14. #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    not sure if its just me but...msg forwarding just keeps giving me errors
    here's another thread for you.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ches-list.html
  15. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1215  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    WebOS Quick Install should still be able to install packages to the pre in 1.2. It's just the tweaks/etc other features that don't work in 1.2.
    I put my phone in Dev mode then try get into Quick install and a pop up says error no device connected???? what am I missing???
    When I connect I select "charge" as well...
    Is it that web os quick install does not work with 1.2?

    Thanks in advance..
  16. #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The file got taken down. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it was probably posted prematurely and maybe taken down until it can be tested further.
    Quote Originally Posted by millz View Post
    tht makes sense. Unfortunately, now I must gather up the shattered remains of what once was my hopes. Lol
    you can download it here

    http://preyourmind.org/files/org.web....0.0_all_0.ipk

    then use webos quick install to install it
  17. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1217  
    Quote Originally Posted by jalepore View Post
    I put my phone in Dev mode then try get into Quick install and a pop up says error no device connected???? what am I missing???
    When I connect I select "charge" as well...
    Is it that web os quick install does not work with 1.2?

    Thanks in advance..
    FIGURED IT OUT... I had to reinstall novacom drivers... all good now..
  18. #1218  
    Thanks to EVERYONE involved in making homebrew apps and patches available over-the-air (OTA) via the Pre (mainly by using Preware of course) and in such a way that users do not need root access to their phones. This has made customizing the Pre a fun and enjoyable experience, for me anyway.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  19. #1219  
    Can anyone help me I have tried installing the Shutter Sound On/Off Button Patch and accidently hit the back gesture and it didn't give me a message that the Patch was installed or that there was an error but now it shows up as if it was installed but the patch is not actually there and I'm not able to remove it as it gives me an error. Is there a way to install over it again. Thanks
  20. #1220  
    hm I seem to have a package that's installed, but does not work, and cannot be removed.

    it's the "Add date to topbar without..." patch version 0.2.4

    I keep getting an error 4 when I try to remove it. Any ideas?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions