Page 60 of 305 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 6094
    Please help. I install that feed but it seems like they dont work. I download the notification led and put it to test but it dont work. I'm I missing some steps here? THis is what I did
    I installed the feed, then installed the led patch and tested it. Not working. Also I did the same for the the camera and not working. I have webos 1.2 what steps Im I missing?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Make sure you remove your quilt patches, manual tweaks or other modifications to files before beta testing the autopatch feed ipks. Also when you can't remove a patch installed with autopatch, there is the "emergency patch recovery" ipk that is self-removing found under "system utilties". It will recover all the backup files and remove any patch packages.
    Thanks! Just found it... but it says "WebOS 1.1.0 only!" ... Disregard?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    How Do I update Preware if Webos Quickinstall doesn't work with Webos 1.2
    Good question. I'm trying to help someone on Twitter answer that question: how to install Preware if Quick Install does not work??
    Lol I found out I had to turn on Blink notification lol. I'm going to test it now.
    Hell ya it works. Now Let me try the the other patches to see if those work. Have any one got the message forwarding to work?
  6.    #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    This is the same stuck in updating problem im talking about only i havent tried manually only. And yes i have reloaded the packagemanager and preware and i have even used the doctor on the phone and reloaded. It just wont work. You can get the /var/log/messages by useing the file manager service suposibly... but when i click the file nothing opens and i asked for help as to getting it and i was ignored.
    I have never seen you ask for help getting your /var/log/messages off your pre.

Have you tried copying the /var/log/messages file to /media/internal and getting it off your pre by hooking it up in USB mode? I thought that was pretty self explanatory...

And let me get your problem straight. It never, ever gets past updating? Do you have wifi? Do you have crappy evdo coverage?

Do you have terminal/termplugin installed or putty command line access? Can you run "ipkg -o /var update" (without quotes, obviously) and tell me what it says or where it stops? (thats basically the update command that the gui runs.)
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Good question. I'm trying to help someone on Twitter answer that question: how to install Preware if Quick Install does not work??
    You can install via IPKG using the "alternate method" described on webosinsternals...

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks! Just found it... but it says "WebOS 1.1.0 only!" ... Disregard?
    yea disregard

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  9.    #1189  
    WebOS Quick Install should still be able to install packages to the pre in 1.2. It's just the tweaks/etc other features that don't work in 1.2.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Make sure you remove your quilt patches, manual tweaks or other modifications to files before beta testing the autopatch feed ipks. Also when you can't remove a patch installed with autopatch, there is the "emergency patch recovery" ipk that is self-removing found under "system utilties". It will recover all the backup files and remove any patch packages.
    Okay so I just installed it. My Pre didn't explode (good), but it didn't remove itself like you said, and I still can't remove the battery % and icon patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by xacolonx View Post
    Lol I found out I had to turn on Blink notification lol. I'm going to test it now.
    Wait, so I have to turn it on AFTER installing the patch??? How is that done exactly???

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    i was applying patches and then out of no where thought everything was fine....i went to go to my screen and lock app and the brightness slider circle was gone...dont know wut caused that so i decided to run RU to repair everytihng except the blink notification (which i added manually) and the VK....everything got removed except the battery % icon which i was able to take out thru QI...everything finally looked normal thought i would go to Preware again and test one patch at least again....then it gives me an error and it said that i have the patch installed even though RU repaired it and QI removed it...so i decided to doctor my phone and wait till these auto patches get fixed more
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but can someone please help me get the "autopatch feed" thingy? I can't find it in Preware...not sure why. I'm using version 0.9.1.
  14.    #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Wait, so I have to turn it on AFTER installing the patch??? How is that done exactly???
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    WOW! Wish it would have stated this in the description. Thanks!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Okay so the emergency patch restore works well... I rebooted then restarted Preware... I'm not sure which of those did it but when I logged back onto Preware I found my unwanted patch and the emergency restore patch were both gone. I guess I needed to do onw of those things in order for it to do its magic.
    I think for a sure & successful patch application luna (or the pre) should be reset.

is there a way to place a restart luna after the patch is applied to avoid problems? (ie they don't show till restart) also when a theme is uodated, it shows as update avaialable, does the updatewith no restart... Could leed to some new user issue. Call me chicken, but I restart after each tweak, theme, or update (install/uninstall) ....
    All the ones I wanted / installed worked (rebooted Pre after each patch):

LED Notifications
    Clean Messaging Timestamps
    Add/Delete pages in Launcher
    4x4 App Launcher
    Enable Dev Mode Icon
    Hide Nascar App
    Character Counter
    Read all Del all patch
    Enable Dialpad Vibration
    Vibrate only on charging
    Last edited by NachoB; 10/01/2009 at 07:02 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I recently downloaded preware to my phone and when I clicked on it, it just keeps saying checking version, is it because it's a newer version of preware that it takes this long to check the version or is there something wrong?
    LED notifications are working perfectly now. My only request would be to be able to select which notifications to turn off/on, like only blink for sms alerts and not email.