Page 58 of 305 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 6094
    Glad I just decided to do a "DOC" 1.2 fresh install. None of these issues for me...and when QI is ready...it will be ready!. I enabled LED notification and loving it!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Glad I just decided to do a "DOC" 1.2 fresh install. None of these issues for me...and when QI is ready...it will be ready!. I enabled LED notification and loving it!!!

IGO
    I plan on doctoring as well....found out today I freeze up EVEN FROM APPS IN THE CATALOG!!!!

Okay sorry for yelling: there has to be something wrong in a file from using a theme or tweak.....life lesson: these are beta for a reason! Not all code is perfect, so something may, and probably will, go wrong with too much homebrewing.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Wondering why some application names now show as "This is a webOS application." For instance.. Shoutcast (op9)
    preware seems to work fine in 1.2 for me
    only question is, is it safe to use the themes or not?
    How long should the update feed process take? I noticed that I can only successfully open Preware and view apps if I set the Update Feeds preference to Manually Only. If I set it to update Every Launch, it will get stuck at either Updating or Checking Version. When I manually update via the pull-down menu, it gets stuck Updating, forcing a reset to stop the updating process. I understand now that the service is still stuck. The preferences menu does show that the last update occurred this afternoon - am I correct in assuming this date/time only gets updated upon successful completion of the update process?

I have tried removing and reinstalling preware and the package manager service (in the correct order) and reset my device before and after the install. How do I access the log files in /var/log/messages? Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Ok here is my hopefully not dumb question.. how do you update preware...
    after I installed 1.2 I go to open preware (version 0.8.2) and just the headers show up,,, no apps... thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    When I go to update Preware and connect phone error comes up no device detected.. I have it in dev mode ...????
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Didja read the very first note in this thread?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    yes and I have this installed.. trying to update it and when I connect to QI it say to connect device I do and says not detected... what am I missing here .....

thanks in advance

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ok Jow do I update Preware... I am missing something here... thanks in advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by EDgeofNJ View Post
    How long should the update feed process take? I noticed that I can only successfully open Preware and view apps if I set the Update Feeds preference to Manually Only. If I set it to update Every Launch, it will get stuck at either Updating or Checking Version. When I manually update via the pull-down menu, it gets stuck Updating, forcing a reset to stop the updating process. I understand now that the service is still stuck. The preferences menu does show that the last update occurred this afternoon - am I correct in assuming this date/time only gets updated upon successful completion of the update process?

I have tried removing and reinstalling preware and the package manager service (in the correct order) and reset my device before and after the install. How do I access the log files in /var/log/messages? Thanks for the help!
    This is the same stuck in updating problem im talking about only i havent tried manually only. And yes i have reloaded the packagemanager and preware and i have even used the doctor on the phone and reloaded. It just wont work. You can get the /var/log/messages by useing the file manager service suposibly... but when i click the file nothing opens and i asked for help as to getting it and i was ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

How do I get all those e money? I'm currently using 9.1 and don't see any of those patches.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
    I think I will wait... Just because most of those patches are for 1.1. Or am I incorrect on this?

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I think I will wait... Just because most of those patches are for 1.1. Or am I incorrect on this?
    i just installed half and they work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

The pictures were meant as teasers, it's not yet been released to beta testing. It's still in alpha testing but positive results so far.

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post

The 1.2 incompatible ones fail to install without ill effects.

It is looking like the major installers will be moving to this new patch-as-ipk system.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    The pictures were meant as teasers, it's not yet been released to beta testing. It's still in alpha testing but positive results so far.

The 1.2 incompatible ones fail to install without ill effects.

It is looking like the major installers will be moving to this new patch-as-ipk system.

Oh gotcha, that's cool. So no more push a checkmark in Jason's QI?

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Does Preware 9.1 not work on 1.1?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Teaser or not, it works great for me. Nice job.