Page 58 of 305 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 6094
  1. #1141  
    Glad I just decided to do a "DOC" 1.2 fresh install. None of these issues for me...and when QI is ready...it will be ready!. I enabled LED notification and loving it!!!


    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  2. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #1142  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Glad I just decided to do a "DOC" 1.2 fresh install. None of these issues for me...and when QI is ready...it will be ready!. I enabled LED notification and loving it!!!


    IGO
    I plan on doctoring as well....found out today I freeze up EVEN FROM APPS IN THE CATALOG!!!!

    Okay sorry for yelling: there has to be something wrong in a file from using a theme or tweak.....life lesson: these are beta for a reason! Not all code is perfect, so something may, and probably will, go wrong with too much homebrewing.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  3. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #1143  
    Wondering why some application names now show as "This is a webOS application." For instance.. Shoutcast (op9)
  4. #1144  
    preware seems to work fine in 1.2 for me
    only question is, is it safe to use the themes or not?
  5. #1145  
    How long should the update feed process take? I noticed that I can only successfully open Preware and view apps if I set the Update Feeds preference to Manually Only. If I set it to update Every Launch, it will get stuck at either Updating or Checking Version. When I manually update via the pull-down menu, it gets stuck Updating, forcing a reset to stop the updating process. I understand now that the service is still stuck. The preferences menu does show that the last update occurred this afternoon - am I correct in assuming this date/time only gets updated upon successful completion of the update process?

    I have tried removing and reinstalling preware and the package manager service (in the correct order) and reset my device before and after the install. How do I access the log files in /var/log/messages? Thanks for the help!
  6. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1146  
    Ok here is my hopefully not dumb question.. how do you update preware...
    after I installed 1.2 I go to open preware (version 0.8.2) and just the headers show up,,, no apps... thanks in advance
  7. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1147  
    When I go to update Preware and connect phone error comes up no device detected.. I have it in dev mode ...????
  8. 02589's Avatar
    Posts
    242 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #1148  
    Didja read the very first note in this thread?
  9. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1149  
    yes and I have this installed.. trying to update it and when I connect to QI it say to connect device I do and says not detected... what am I missing here .....

    thanks in advance
  10. #1150  


    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  11. jalepore's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #1151  
    ok Jow do I update Preware... I am missing something here... thanks in advance..
  12. #1152  
    Quote Originally Posted by EDgeofNJ View Post
    How long should the update feed process take? I noticed that I can only successfully open Preware and view apps if I set the Update Feeds preference to Manually Only. If I set it to update Every Launch, it will get stuck at either Updating or Checking Version. When I manually update via the pull-down menu, it gets stuck Updating, forcing a reset to stop the updating process. I understand now that the service is still stuck. The preferences menu does show that the last update occurred this afternoon - am I correct in assuming this date/time only gets updated upon successful completion of the update process?

    I have tried removing and reinstalling preware and the package manager service (in the correct order) and reset my device before and after the install. How do I access the log files in /var/log/messages? Thanks for the help!
    This is the same stuck in updating problem im talking about only i havent tried manually only. And yes i have reloaded the packagemanager and preware and i have even used the doctor on the phone and reloaded. It just wont work. You can get the /var/log/messages by useing the file manager service suposibly... but when i click the file nothing opens and i asked for help as to getting it and i was ignored.
  13. #1153  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post

    How do I get all those e money? I'm currently using 9.1 and don't see any of those patches.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

    IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  14. #1154  
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

    However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
  15. #1155  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

    However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
    I think I will wait... Just because most of those patches are for 1.1. Or am I incorrect on this?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

    IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  16. #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I think I will wait... Just because most of those patches are for 1.1. Or am I incorrect on this?
    i just installed half and they work
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  17. #1157  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Install the Autopatch-feed under all applications, and then update your Preware feeds in the menu.

    However, about half of them or more are from before the 1.2 release and others like browser downloading are unnecessary in 1.2, so this seems premature to me.
    The pictures were meant as teasers, it's not yet been released to beta testing. It's still in alpha testing but positive results so far.


    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I think I will wait... Just because most of those patches are for 1.1. Or am I incorrect on this?

    The 1.2 incompatible ones fail to install without ill effects.

    It is looking like the major installers will be moving to this new patch-as-ipk system.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  18. #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The pictures were meant as teasers, it's not yet been released to beta testing. It's still in alpha testing but positive results so far.





    The 1.2 incompatible ones fail to install without ill effects.

    It is looking like the major installers will be moving to this new patch-as-ipk system.

    Oh gotcha, that's cool. So no more push a checkmark in Jason's QI?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

    IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  19. #1159  
    Does Preware 9.1 not work on 1.1?
  20. twosted's Avatar
    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The pictures were meant as teasers, it's not yet been released to beta testing. It's still in alpha testing but positive results so far.
    Teaser or not, it works great for me. Nice job.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions