Page 57 of 305 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    is the webos-internals feed in your list?

ls /var/etc/ipkg

also it should be ipkg -o /var update to update feeds

to add webos-internals feed do this:

Code:
    touch /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    echo "src/gz webosinternals http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all" >> /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    echo "src/gz webosinternals-armv7 http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7" >> /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    Very weird, ls /var/etc/ipkg showed webos-internals.conf as being there. Re-added webosinternals again anyway with the commands you posted (same as I had already run), and it went through this time. Interesting. And doing ls /var/etc/ipkg again shows exactly the same result as before.

Oh well, don't know what the problem was, but thanks for your help.

Also, the postinstall script as part of the packagemanager install *appeared* to hang up at one step, and for whatever reason my putty session actually ended up being aborted for some reason. Don't know what happened there either, but everything appears to be working perfectly, it must have finished correctly even if I couldn't see it happen. So it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybowser View Post
    When I try to open Preware, its stuck in the screen with the circle that just says "Updating"
    Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    Now preware seems to be stuck in an infinite "updating" loop. The first time I tried to run the new version, the Pre froze during "updating", so I rebooted (which was sluggish and took three tries). Now, I've restarted it and it first was "checking version" then went quickly to "updating" and that circle has been spinning for more than seven minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by arm0ged0n View Post
    Dude you're absolutely right!! I re-started my phone a couple of times, and then the Pre ware was working perfectly, now it doesnt anymore, it keeps saying Updating and nothing!! Man this is frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by arm0ged0n View Post
    I apologize if this sounds redundant, but is anyone else having an issue with Preware, the circle keeps on spinning about 8 minutes now, with a message saying Checking Version, what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Mine is stuck at checking version and/or updating
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    First time stuck on updating, now it is stuck on checking version. I have tried to load it at least 5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    I cannot seem to open preware. It just says updating and never opens. Why is this happening? I want to remove it so I can have access to updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    I got Preware through the Web OS quick install and it worked fine but no whenever I load it, it just keeps loading and never loads fully. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Same here...spinning circle for eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    ok i tried and installed preware via webosquickinstall. installed fine, but when i open the app, it gets stuck on the UPDATING screen. nothing else......any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    preware is refusing to load on my phone. It worked just fine, and I have used it several times, but starting today, it wont get past the loading spinner. is anyone else having this issue?
    Preware wont load on my phone still. I've tried everything. Someone help me. I get stuck in the updating loop. It use to work. Now it doesnt. I have restarted, doctord and whatever else i could think of. It still wont work. I believe other people have this problem and it just gets ingnored.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    mines keep loading too
    A feed could be down, and that would be the reason. Preware just loaded for me fine. Anyone getting the error 4 on the keyboard, is because the files are modified within the internals and you didn't delete the folder in USB mode. Use Repair utility to fix the modified files, and delete the folder from USB mode. Then try reinstall
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Maybe an idea for a future release, add a category for new packages. So we can browse through that.
    I would like a list everything option without the theme updates.. It gets so cluttered with all the themes and you can't find the apps..
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Can I install preware on 1.2? Just need to know before I try

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    Can I install preware on 1.2? Just need to know before I try

Thanks in advance
    yes u can...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

8.    #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Preware wont load on my phone still. I've tried everything. Someone help me. I get stuck in the updating loop. It use to work. Now it doesnt. I have restarted, doctord and whatever else i could think of. It still wont work. I believe other people have this problem and it just gets ingnored.
    You went all-the-way back almost a month in posts to page 17 for those quotes? There has been at least 15 new releases of preware and the package manager since then.

I can assure you that question has been answered. Many times. Did you bother to read a few posts after them to find a response?

Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I would like a list everything option without the theme updates.. It gets so cluttered with all the themes and you can't find the apps..
    I have posted at least 3 times that in 0.9.1 if you go to "Available Applications" then select the "All" category, you could get a recently-added/updated list of apps without themes cluttering up the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybowser View Post
    When I try to open Preware, its stuck in the screen with the circle that just says "Updating"
    I see that happening on and off. Worked fine last night (with 1.2 WebOS) but this morning it just sat there saying "Updating" - waited several minutes, closed it out, tried it again and same thing.

Rebooted the Pre, tried it again and it worked. Not sure why it does that but it's happened to me with every version of Preware that I've tried. Most of the time it works but some of the time it seems to get hosed up.

I know that's not helpful information, but just wanted to mention that I also see this happen periodically. I usually check Preware daily, just to keep everything updated.
    Okay...I managed to get preware onto my 1.2 using webosquickinstall 2.03 and then installed the keyboard. I'm just curious...why all the pictures of the keys being stored in the photo section? If I delete them then the keyboards won't work. I really don't like having 328 pictures or so taking up space like that and cluttering the photo area. Is there any solution to this other than uninstalling?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    Okay...I managed to get preware onto my 1.2 using webosquickinstall 2.03 and then installed the keyboard. I'm just curious...why all the pictures of the keys being stored in the photo section? If I delete them then the keyboards won't work. I really don't like having 328 pictures or so taking up space like that and cluttering the photo area. Is there any solution to this other than uninstalling?
    You're using the wrong version... remove it and install the latest. It was because 1.2 started to recognize PNG files.
    well...that was easy. Loaded up preware and saw an update hiding the photos from the photo section. Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    A feed could be down, and that would be the reason. Preware just loaded for me fine. Anyone getting the error 4 on the keyboard, is because the files are modified within the internals and you didn't delete the folder in USB mode. Use Repair utility to fix the modified files, and delete the folder from USB mode. Then try reinstall
    No the USB folder has NOTHING to do with error installing. The USB folder is only theme images and configurations. It has no effect on whether the install succeeds or fails. You should only have to delete this folder if you want to clean up changes you made MANUALLY to it.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    looks like ur gonna have to if u dont like ur phone being unresponsive...wut do u expect
    I believe my post was asking for 'any GOOD thoughts'

Thanks for wasting space tho.

Anyone else that is trying to update with Preware or Quick Install, the code is not ready for 1.2!!!!!

Stop reporting until there is an update to Quick Install AND Preware!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    Anyone else that is trying to update with Preware or Quick Install, the code is not ready for 1.2!!!!!

Stop reporting until there is an update to Quick Install AND Preware!
    For what it is worth, Preware works perfectly for me on 1.2, no issues at all. WebOSQI is another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    You went all-the-way back almost a month in posts to page 17 for those quotes? There has been at least 15 new releases of preware and the package manager since then.

I can assure you that question has been answered. Many times. Did you bother to read a few posts after them to find a response?
    Yes I did read after them. And i went back a month cause i did a search for updating and just clicked multi-quote for a few of them. There are many more cause some just call it hanging or get stuck in the checking version. There are even a few threads that were started other places on this. I have read this entire forum and all you guys ever say is restart your phone and reload it. Or a feed must be down. Or we dont control the feeds. I have tried everything. Sometimes my phone is stuck in updating. Sometimes its stuck in checking version. What can i do to fix this?
    maybe you guys could let me try the previous package manager and see if it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    For what it is worth, Preware works perfectly for me on 1.2, no issues at all. WebOSQI is another story.
    Preware works perfectly for me. I left it installed across the 1.1 / 1.2 upgrade and it worked fine before and after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknight View Post
    Preware works perfectly for me. I left it installed across the 1.1 / 1.2 upgrade and it worked fine before and after.
    Thats great. Im happy for u.
  20.    #1140  
    I have read this entire forum and all you guys ever say is restart your phone and reload it. Or a feed must be down. Or we dont control the feeds.
    We say those things because those are the reasons for problems that we have found. Once we find another reason, We just might say something else.

Would you rather we lie? Would you rather we say nothing?

I have tried everything.
    Have you tried removing and reinstalling the package manager?

Obviously you haven't tried everything or it would be working consistently like it seems to be for everyone but you.

Sometimes my phone is stuck in updating.
    This happens sometimes. (See reasons above.)

Sometimes its stuck in checking version.
    This happens when it gets stuck in updating, then you close and reopen preware. The service is still stuck on the previous updating request, and doesn't respond to the initial version check request.

What can i do to fix this?
    You say you've read the entire thread. I have nothing else to tell you that hasn't already been posted. We do ask for people with problems to send us copies of their /var/log/messages file (and a date/time when it happened.) How can we possibly know whats may be wrong without information beyond "its not working for me, its stuck on updating." Which is really all you've posted, besides a lot of whining.

maybe you guys could let me try the previous package manager and see if it works?
    Previous versions of the service are not compatible with current versions of preware. And I don't know why you would want to go backwards, new versions and updates are a good thing. Previous versions had a lot more bugs then the current version.