Page 56 of 305 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 6094
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I've been having issues installing the Virtual Keyboard (installing or updating) via PreWare and the WebOS installer (via USB cable/Novacomd).

I get an "Error Installing [4]" message via preware and the following via WebOS installer:

I did try and re-install Preware via webos...I also tried removing Virtual keyboard anyway I could and got the same errors (if I tried removing via preware). I do get prompted for the script, but then I get the error.

EDIT: Actually...now that I think about it...I've been having issues installing anything that runs such a script via preware/webOS. Another thing that came to mind is File Manager service. Same errors.

Are you running webos 1.2.0?
    Maybe an idea for a future release, add a category for new packages. So we can browse through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Are you running webos 1.2.0?

I thought that wasn't out yet? I haven't downloaded that...that's for sure.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    Maybe an idea for a future release, add a category for new packages. So we can browse through that.
    +1 Maybe just show the previous 2 days of updates to make it easier.

Released yesterday.

1.2.0 is out and latest keyboard release only works with 1.2.0

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks guys. Downloading now. Will report back if I have further issues.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybowser View Post
    I'm getting the same issue... someone help!
    Jimmy, if you are having the same problem as I was having, here is what I did. I probably did a little overkill, but it worked.

uninstalled Preware.

downloaded WebOSQuickinstall, version 2.03 from Canuck Software website.

Installed Virtual Keyboard from WebOSQuickInstall 2.03.

Uninstalled Virtual Keyboard from 2.03

Installed Preware from 2.03, then verified from Preware 0.9.1 did not prompt me to uninstall virtual keyboard, so that error was gone. I tried to install, and got a different install error, but it still showed virtual keyboard as an available tweak.

Went back to 2.03 and installed Virtual Keyboard.

Went back to Preware 0.9.1 and it showed keyboard installed.

Tested virtual keyboard, all is golden.
    so i installed a theme via preware (latest ver, on webos 1.2).
    installed fine. later on, went to remove it. Clicked Remove. Seemed to complete just fine, but it's still very evidently there. Removing it only removed the wallpaper and removed the theme from the installed packages list.
    The custom icons are still in place.
    Is this preware's fault, the package manager's fault, or the theme's fault?
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    oh hell. nevermind. rebooting the phone fixed it.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    If I install preware is it a tweak? or a tweak is when I install the virtual keyboard?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    If I install preware is it a tweak? or a tweak is when I install the virtual keyboard?

Thanks
    preware is not a tweak (patch) is a source and virtual keyboard is a tweak (patch)
    virtual keyboard should uninstall cleanly after OTA as well. I intentionally code that in there so those with keyboard installed in 1.1 then OTA to 1.2 could still uninstall through preware and then reinstall in 1.2 without problems.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I dont know how to down load preware or the virtual keyboard!! In fact I got luck installing any of these things. Not a tech person
    Great program!
    Installing preware via root, as per Application:Preware - WebOS Internals, I get this error:

root@castle:/# /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.preware
    An error ocurred, return value: 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.preware.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

Did the ipkg update, still nothing. Already installed terminal app, like the wiki said to do. I also run the list command, and don't see the org.webosinternals.preware anywhere in the list from the repository.

Any suggestions?

ETA: Same error happens when using the same method for the on-screen keyboard, "Cannot find package". Am I missing some obvious reason why the packages aren't visible?
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 09/29/2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Installing preware via root, as per Application:Preware - WebOS Internals, I get this error:

Collected errors:

Did the ipkg update, still nothing. Already installed terminal app, like the wiki said to do. I also run the list command, and don't see the org.webosinternals.preware anywhere in the list from the repository.

Any suggestions?

ETA: Same error happens when using the same method for the on-screen keyboard, "Cannot find package". Am I missing some obvious reason why the packages aren't visible?
    are you still running webos 1.1 or did you upgrade to 1.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    are you still running webos 1.1 or did you upgrade to 1.2?
    Can't get it to install through webos quick install in either 2.6 or 2.03. Anybody know what i need to do?
    I have updated to 1.2 and now when I try to install the virtual keyboard I get the message "Error Installing [4].
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post

Collected errors:

Any suggestions?

is the webos-internals feed in your list?

ls /var/etc/ipkg

also it should be ipkg -o /var update to update feeds

to add webos-internals feed do this:

Code:
    touch /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    echo "src/gz webosinternals http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all" >> /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf
    echo "src/gz webosinternals-armv7 http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/armv7" >> /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf

-Eric G

Donate