Page 50 of 305 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 6094
  1.    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by arm0ged0n View Post
    I apologize if this sounds redundant, but is anyone else having an issue with Preware, the circle keeps on spinning about 8 minutes now, with a message saying Checking Version, what gives?
    Restart your phone. And it will work perfectly.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    hahahah!!! look at the last 10 posts buddy. This is what we are talking about. Add this guy to the list of people with the problem.
    We make this software for free, for your benefit.

    Don't be a jerk.
  2. #982  
    im not being a jerk im just saying its got somethin wrong with it all a sudden. I've restarted mine over and over and it will work once maybe if im lucky. It use to work fine all the time. Then it stoped. Maybe its the update for themes?
  3. #983  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Restart your phone. And it will work perfectly.




    We make this software for free, for your benefit.

    Don't be a jerk.
    Restarted my phone and it works!!! Thank you, Now I have to find out on how to fix my other issue with the infamous "Error Installing [4]" everytime I try to download the keyboard patch
  4.    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by arm0ged0n View Post
    Restarted my phone and it works!!! Thank you, Now I have to find out on how to fix my other issue with the infamous "Error Installing [4]" everytime I try to download the keyboard patch
    If you're having trouble with the virtual keyboard package, you should visit its thread to get help.

    But I can tell you that error code 4 is when the service responds with a "failed" state. You can check the ipkglog from the app menu right after you get that error for more information.
  5. #985  
    I also had the "Error Installing [4]".

    I however, looked at the ipkg log and found that the md5 sum on one of my files it was going to replace was wrong, so the installation wouldn't continue.

    So I simply restored the original files, restarted my phone, and tried again.

    I responded to this message from my pre using that virtual keyboard.
  6. #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I also had the "Error Installing [4]".

    I however, looked at the ipkg log and found that the md5 sum on one of my files it was going to replace was wrong, so the installation wouldn't continue.

    So I simply restored the original files, restarted my phone, and tried again.

    I responded to this message from my pre using that virtual keyboard.


    without a typo!?
  7. #987  
    Dude you're absolutely right!! I re-started my phone a couple of times, and then the Pre ware was working perfectly, now it doesnt anymore, it keeps saying Updating and nothing!! Man this is frustrating
  8. jhibbs's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #988  
    Thank you for your help on this. BTW which thread is the official Preware thread?

    Jeff
  9. #989  
    Installing WebOS qi 2.53 and reinstalling preware fixed my issues if that helps anyone else
  10. #990  
    I have a question, maybe somebody respond it allready , but to be honest im in work and i cant b searching for the answer ..if somebody can tell me how i update my virtual keyboard from preware i have 0.2.6 to 0.3.2
    thank so much!
  11. #991  
    I'm still having trouble with updates not showing up as updates. I'm not sure if you've asked me to send anything because I have a hard time keeping up with everything in this thread. Sorry... Anyway, I wanted to ask how to dump the list of feeds I have now and start fresh. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling PreWare and the ipkg service, but it doesn't seem to help the update problem, and I know it doesn't delete the feeds because I can still use the terminal commands to update.

    Thanks.
  12. #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I have a question, maybe somebody respond it allready , but to be honest im in work and i cant b searching for the answer ..if somebody can tell me how i update my virtual keyboard from preware i have 0.2.6 to 0.3.2
    thank so much!
    Remove old version first, then install new.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

    IRC chat
    #webos-internals
  13. #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Remove old version first, then install new.
    thank u so much man!
  14. #994  
    I am having that hanging error, but if I restart the app it will often work (not reboot the phone.) When I get home tonight, I'll try to remember to upload my /var/log/messages file for you guys. Either way, great app, this has replaced a few other apps I use for sure, and having an app-based patch manager would be EPIC (Especially since so many of WebOS Internals' patches aren't in the git)
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I'm still having trouble with updates not showing up as updates.
    I know what is causing this bug, And I hope to have it fixed in the next release.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    Anyway, I wanted to ask how to dump the list of feeds I have now and start fresh. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling PreWare and the ipkg service, but it doesn't seem to help the update problem, and I know it doesn't delete the feeds because I can still use the terminal commands to update.
    I'm pretty sure removing the package manager service deletes the feed config files.
  16. #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    and having an app-based patch manager would be EPIC (Especially since so many of WebOS Internals' patches aren't in the git)
    Patches are coming
  17. #997  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I know what is causing this bug, And I hope to have it fixed in the next release.
    Sounds good, I'll stop worrying. Thanks!
  18. #998  
    After this last quick install update my preware does not seem to deduct from the available apps and patches as I install them. It used to subtract from the total available when I installed one.

    Ex: If there were 200 apps available when I started once I installed one the number would go to 199.

    Any ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/24/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

  19. #999  
    Is it safe to update an already installed theme? Or should I remove then install?
  20.    #1000  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    After this last quick install update my preware does not seem to deduct from the available apps and patches as I install them. It used to subtract from the total available when I installed one.

    Ex: If there were 200 apps available when I started once I installed one the number would go to 199.
    There is an option in the preferences "Installed Is Available" and this is what it does. If you want the available count to go down when you install something, I suggest you turn it off.

    And, an update wouldn't have changed this option. It's default is off. You must have turned it on at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Is it safe to update an already installed theme? Or should I remove then install?
    I don't think preware currently gives the option to "update" a theme like it was an application. But if it does, I would still say your safest bet is to remove then reinstall.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions