Page 49 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'd like to request an "List of Everything but themes" option. Is possible, no?
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by branded View Post
    I'd like to request an "List of Everything but themes" option. Is possible, no?
    It's already in the works
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's already in the works
    Thank you sir.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    nicely done
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm trying to update to the latest version of the virtual keyboard. The problem is when I load Preware the "Loading" message is displayed forever, more then a half hour. Occasionally I'll get a message indicating a URL is down. I'm running version 0.7.7. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TIA

Jeff
    update thru quick install

Edit: in my opinion....dont w8 so long for something to load...that just means its never gonna load...just exit it and open it again after it doesnt load for like 30 seconds it'll save u those "more then a half hour" just a suggestion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Before anything else uninstall keyboard with whatever you installed with.Well first off you need to download the newest webos quickinstaller if you don't have it, go to web os quick installer continued thread and its a jar. File at the bottom of the first post. Then put that in with your current web doctor file and move the other old webos jar file somewhere else. Then open web os qi and the third button down on the far right ,click on it then on the top click it and you get dropdown then I believe its like the third oppsion down the all feed click it and go down and install preware and install first. Then you three ways to install keyboard ,through preware( I would try this last) just like you installed the new preware. Or open webos quick installer then third button on right then all feed then keyboard instead of preware....then you should be able to use keyboard...... If this helps let me know or if not send me a message and I will get back too you later . Have fun!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ps if you don't have the newest version of web os qi then you better uninstall all tweaks before you try anything at all in the new one , that's just a friendly warrning that you will have trouble if you don't!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    When I load preware it hangs on the loading screen. Sometimes it stips my data connection for a few seconds. Any ideas?
    This latest version of preware has problems. It hangs all the time. I'd say 95% of the time it doesnt work. It hangs on checking version or updating. It will just spin forever. I've tried reloading it and even webos doctord my phone and reloaded it. Somethings not working right.
    Clearly seems like experiences with the latest release vary. This one has consistently performed well for me and been the most stable so far regarding the loading issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Clearly seems like experiences with the latest release vary. This one has consistently performed well for me and been the most stable so far regarding the loading issues.
    Agreed, haven't had the Java resets at all lately.
    Last edited by bigwood212; 09/23/2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    I'm trying to update to the latest version of the virtual keyboard. The problem is when I load Preware the "Loading" message is displayed forever, more then a half hour. Occasionally I'll get a message indicating a URL is down. I'm running version 0.7.7. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

TIA

Jeff
    You need to be running 0.9.0 or later.

And then please use (and read first) the official Preware thread for reporting issues rather than starting a new one.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    what do you think it is? I love it when it works.
    From the ipkg.preware.org web server logs, we can tell that there are thousands of people using Preware with no problems. The developers also have no problems with 0.9.0 or later.

You will need to give much more detailed information about your problem (including the contents of /var/log/messages, which you can retrieve using the Internalz app) before we can even begin to diagnose your specific issue.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    My issues dont seem to be specific since other people are having the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    My issues dont seem to be specific since other people are having the same problem
    Yes, and none of them have taken the time to provide useful problem reports for this beta software.

No-one is discounting that fact that you are having an issue, and a small number of other people are having issues too.

But you must not discount the fact that neither the developers nor the thousands of other people using Preware every day are not having problems.

Therefore, to be able to assist in solving your problem (and believe me we do want to make sure that Preware works for absolutely everyone, not just 99% of everyone), we are going to need more information from you.

Please help us to help you. Just saying you have problems will not help them to be solved. Send us the /var/log/messages file.

-- Rod
    well i just used the doctor on the phone again and reloaded preware again and sure enough it worked once. then i closed it out and opened it again and im now sitting at the checking version screen spinning away. How do i look in the var log messages folder? When i click it and click open nothin happens.
    I apologize if this sounds redundant, but is anyone else having an issue with Preware, the circle keeps on spinning about 8 minutes now, with a message saying Checking Version, what gives?
    hahahah!!! look at the last 10 posts buddy. This is what we are talking about. Add this guy to the list of people with the problem.