Page 47 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 6094
  1. #921  
    I too get the same - ERROR:An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.4_all.ipk

    ipkg: Archive truncated
  2. #922  
    Sorry if already discussed, havent read 40 pages, but my question is simple to you. Do we need to un-install pre-themes before installing another. Existing one having been loaded by Preware, of course? Or just click and install another, no problem.
  3. Joey316g's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #923  
    Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didnt find anything...My preware wont open up half the time...just get the spinning circle....when it does open, it says something about org.webosinternals.ipkgservice not running or something like that. Then it will come up and the only thing I can select is List of everything which wont really do anything when selected...can someone please help....I am still on version 0.7.7...not sure if this is the problem or not....thanks
  4. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by joey316g View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didnt find anything...My preware wont open up half the time...just get the spinning circle....when it does open, it says something about org.webosinternals.ipkgservice not running or something like that. Then it will come up and the only thing I can select is List of everything which wont really do anything when selected...can someone please help....I am still on version 0.7.7...not sure if this is the problem or not....thanks
    I was having the same. I tried doing a soft reset, and that worked once, and recently when that didn't work, I found out there was an update for the package manager app...check quickinstall to see if there is an update to either versions.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  5. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #925  
    I do need to say that I have had a problem with Preware installing themes since last night. It worked fine through QuickInstall and I was initially able to install a theme via Preware this weekend, but now even if I revert to the original theme, its as if the service restarts Luna, and nothing has changed. Did I miss something or is there some coding that should be cleaned up somewhere?
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  6. Joey316g's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #926  
    Thanks...can anyone else add anything to this?
  7. #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I got a quick Question. With Web OS 1.2 most likely coming out this week, should I uninstall preware and the package manager? Or is it ok to leave that in?
    I also would like to know the answer to this question.
  8. #928  
    **DELETED POST**
    Reason: Wrong thread.
    Last edited by dBsooner; 09/21/2009 at 07:30 PM.
  9. #929  
    Quote Originally Posted by asapelectric View Post
    Sorry if already discussed, havent read 40 pages, but my question is simple to you. Do we need to un-install pre-themes before installing another. Existing one having been loaded by Preware, of course? Or just click and install another, no problem.
    hey asap, you definitely want to uninstall a theme before installing a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigfire View Post
    I do need to say that I have had a problem with Preware installing themes since last night. It worked fine through QuickInstall and I was initially able to install a theme via Preware this weekend, but now even if I revert to the original theme, its as if the service restarts Luna, and nothing has changed. Did I miss something or is there some coding that should be cleaned up somewhere?
    Hmm, anyone else experiencing this? Installed a few themes to the emu this morning with no prob
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

    My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
  10. #930  
    i need to know how to install preware ??
  11. #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mina Hanna View Post
    i need to know how to install preware ??
    Read the first post of this thread...
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  12. #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron130 View Post
    I got a quick Question. With Web OS 1.2 most likely coming out this week, should I uninstall preware and the package manager? Or is it ok to leave that in?
    Leave them installed. They are impervious to webOS updates, since they use the same techniques to install applications as the WebOS SDK.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #933  
    i realized that the trick is to make sure that the phone is actually in dev mode.
  14. #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    trying to install preware with quickinstall but gettting a error: archive truncated, has anyone gotten this, i tried and tried and tried search and nothing? help appreciated thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TBarb169 View Post
    I too get the same - ERROR:An error occured while attempting to install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice_0.9.4_all.ipk

    ipkg: Archive truncated
    I just reinstalled both the Package Manager Service and Preware using WebOS Quick Install, and had no problems.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by joey316g View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didnt find anything...My preware wont open up half the time...just get the spinning circle....when it does open, it says something about org.webosinternals.ipkgservice not running or something like that. Then it will come up and the only thing I can select is List of everything which wont really do anything when selected...can someone please help....I am still on version 0.7.7...not sure if this is the problem or not....thanks
    You really need to upgrade to version 0.9.0 or later of Preware and the Package Manager Service. Earlier versions exhibit the problems you are experiencing.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #936  
    Thanks for all the hard work making Preware the #1 installer for webos! However I have a couple suggestions that I hope you will consider:

    1. Under the installed packages category, is it possible to enable option to organize apps by category instead of alphabetically similar to the way available packages are displayed? This would make it easier to organize and find installed packages especially as more apps/themes are released
    2. option to enable direct download via url similar to Filecoaster option. I understand that there are security conserns here as mentioned elsewhere, but that is still the one major feature in Preware that is lacking
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  17. #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    I don't want to sound rude here, so PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. I absolutely love all development for the Pre and support all of it. Rod and Jason know this first hand. That being said....

    Can we please keep the two application's thread's seperate. I can tell the difference betwen a post talking about Preware/App Install Service and one talking bout QuickInstall. However, some newer folk might not be able to tell. Seeing all of these posts about Preware being lumped in with QuickInstall's thread is very confusing.

    Yes, the posts that pertain to both obviously should stay. But the ones that simply ask about Preware this or that need to be in the Preware thread.

    Sorry for going off-topic to point out off-topicness.
    I think you many have posted this to the wrong thread
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #938  
    up up down down left right left right B A Start! BOOM!
  19. #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work making Preware the #1 installer for webos! However I have a couple suggestions that I hope you will consider:

    1. Under the installed packages category, is it possible to enable option to organize apps by category instead of alphabetically similar to the way available packages are displayed? This would make it easier to organize and find installed packages especially as more apps/themes are released
    2. option to enable direct download via url similar to Filecoaster option. I understand that there are security conserns here as mentioned elsewhere, but that is still the one major feature in Preware that is lacking
    #1 - I'll pass that one to oil for comment - have you added it to the wiki discussion page for Preware?

    #2 - At the moment, that is not in our plans, due it breaking our security model. We take security of the Pre very seriously, and evaluate every feature against the possibility that it could be used to social engineer an end-user into unwittingly installing malware.

    Your options are to get the ipkg uploaded to PreCentral where it can become part of the feed there (and get the benefit of many eyes looking at it), or to use the Terminal application and Linux command line to install the ipkg (in which case we assume you're experienced enough to understand the risks).

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #940  
    Maybe you read THE VERY FIRST POST on the app's thread (which is located in the correct section, unlike this post) you would figure it out.

    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions