Page 46 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mlain09 View Post
    i have the keyboard installed but it wont let me pull it up no matter where i tap... do u have any suggestions
    Yes I do:

1) Read the description field in the virtual keyboard package.

2) Read the wiki page which documents the operation of the virtual keyboard.

3) Search the virtual keyboard threads here on PreCentral (this is a Preware thread).

4) Google?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I believe I updated virtual keyboard without uninstalling, if I remember correctly. I uninstalled the virtual keyboard before using WebOS Quick Install.
    Preware will not allow you to update a Patch without uninstalling the previous version first.

What tool (and what version of that tool) did you use to update it?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    You can update the service from inside preware just fine.
    Only if you are running Preware 0.9.0 or later. If you are running an earlier version you need to use WebOS Quick Install to update the service.

From 0.9.0 onwards, Preware can change the tyres on a moving car ...

-- Rod
    what does "Luna Restart Required" mean/do?
    Quote Originally Posted by JMiller613 View Post
    what does "Luna Restart Required" mean/do?
    Just what it says in the words following. It closes all running applications, and restarts the user interface. For patches or themes which modify the user interface, it is required for the updated images to be displayed.

-- Rod
    I'm still not getting update notifications( within PreWare) or able to install updates to anything but preware and the package service. I just updated my own app to 0.2.2 and I have 0.2.1 installed on my Pre. I can see 0.2.2 in PreWare, but there is only a remove button, and it doesn't show up under "Updates" at the top. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I'm still not getting update notifications( within PreWare) or able to install updates to anything but preware and the package service. I just updated my own app to 0.2.2 and I have 0.2.1 installed on my Pre. I can see 0.2.2 in PreWare, but there is only a remove button, and it doesn't show up under "Updates" at the top. Any ideas?
    Which app is it? Do you have any non-default feeds (e.g. a testing feed) installed?

-- Rod
    do u have the new virtual keyboard ver. 2.3 on preware???
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    do u have the new virtual keyboard ver. 2.3 on preware???
    The Virtual Keyboard is in the webos-internals feeds, so all updates to the keyboard are seen by any installer using this feed. This feed is one of Preware's default feeds.

In short, yes the most recent Virtual Keyboard versions will always be seen by Preware.
    OK. Just so I don't have any more problems, I need to ask.

Does Preware and WebOS Quick Install install/remove the virtual keyboard in the same manner? If I load it in one program, do I need to remove it the same way, or does it not matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    OK. Just so I don't have any more problems, I need to ask.

Does Preware and WebOS Quick Install install/remove the virtual keyboard in the same manner? If I load it in one program, do I need to remove it the same way, or does it not matter?
    You should use Preware to load and unload the virtual keyboard patch.

It *should* work completely fine in WebOS Quick Install, but the author of the patch only tests it using Preware as far as I know.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should use Preware to load and unload the virtual keyboard patch.

It *should* work completely fine in WebOS Quick Install, but the author of the patch only tests it using Preware as far as I know.

-- Rod
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    How long before the "themes" section updates/refreshes itself on preware according to recently updated/uploaded themes on prethemer.com?
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    How long before the "themes" section updates/refreshes itself on preware according to recently updated/uploaded themes on prethemer.com?
    Preware reads the PreThemer.com feed directly from http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages, so as soon as it is updated there it is available in Preware.

-- Rod
    Not sure if this has been discussed, i'm trying to download the virtual keyboard and i keep getting this error message any one help?
    Quote Originally Posted by arm0ged0n View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed, i'm trying to download the virtual keyboard and i keep getting this error message any one help?
    It means you have not cleanly uninstalled the previous version of the virtual keyboard, or other manual modifications to those files.

See the dedicated virtual keyboard thread on PreCentral to find out how to restore the individual files without needing to resort to the webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I don't care about themes. But the avalanche of themes is overwhelming the lists making it difficult to see stuff I do care about. Is there any way to hide them? Especially in List of Everything, which I like to use because it has the sort by date.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbah View Post
    I don't care about themes. But the avalanche of themes is overwhelming the lists making it difficult to see stuff I do care about. Is there any way to hide them? Especially in List of Everything, which I like to use because it has the sort by date.
    Select the "Show All Package Types" preference, then go into:

Available Packages -> Group by Types -> Application -> Sort by Date

The ability to enable and disable feeds is on the roadmap.

-- Rod
    I got a quick Question. With Web OS 1.2 most likely coming out this week, should I uninstall preware and the package manager? Or is it ok to leave that in?
    trying to install preware with quickinstall but gettting a error: archive truncated, has anyone gotten this, i tried and tried and tried search and nothing? help appreciated thanks!