Page 44 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
    here just put this into your webos quickinstaller and save this ipk for the next time you try a theme , just in case lol
    com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all(2).ipk
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    so did you get it fixed lol????
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottytMXZ View Post
    Hey all,

I used preware to install the "original blue" theme from the themes section. It changed some icons, colors, along with some other things. I unistalled the theme to go back to the original but the icons and some other things are stuck. I have already done a hard reset of the phone (lost all my stuff), tried using webos doctor to fix it, but can't make it passed the "checking system" part. The "next" button is greyed out and will not let me procede. I have connected my phone through USB in just charge mode and also usb mode. Neither seems to help this. I just want my phone back to how it was. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Scott
    You need to go to the website and download the default theme from there. Should fix you right up

http://www.mediafire.com/?l2zdnmimjyl
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    I too have had a problem with the UnderOath theme leaving traces behind once ive removed it. The dialer background, startup logo and launcher background were all still intact after removal. I used the above link and installed the default theme and it worked fine, but would it be possible to add this default theme to the theme list so that its easy to switch back to normal from just Preware instead of filecoaster/WebOSQuickInstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    I too have had a problem with the UnderOath theme leaving traces behind once ive removed it. The dialer background, startup logo and launcher background were all still intact after removal. I used the above link and installed the default theme and it worked fine, but would it be possible to add this default theme to the theme list so that its easy to switch back to normal from just Preware instead of filecoaster/WebOSQuickInstall?
    The default theme package redistributes proprietary Palm copyright image files. It cannot be added to Preware for that reason, since redistribution of it violates copyright laws in most countries.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is really confusing me I added my theme (iphone theme) on Prethemer and it shows up there but its not showing up on Preware.. My other themes works fine but this one!
    --Marvin
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    This is really confusing me I added my theme (iphone theme) on Prethemer and it shows up there but its not showing up on Preware.. My other themes works fine but this one!
    Preware reads the feed directly from the PreThemer site, with no modification in the process. So you'd need to contact PreThemer to see what they delay is from upload to publishing in the feed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware reads the feed directly from the PreThemer site, with no modification in the process. So you'd need to contact PreThemer to see what they delay is from upload to publishing in the feed.

-- Rod
    I did and they said its probably a Preware issue.
    --Marvin
    Really? Can you point me to the post?

-- Rod
  10.    #870  
    Not that this is the place for this kind of discussion. But it most definitely is not preware that has the issue. All of these packages don't get loaded from their feed because of the newlines in the fullDescription of the source json object.

com.prethemer.themes.0a1e72a574.florida-gators
    com.prethemer.themes.f9ab4dd3bc.rave-it-up
    com.prethemer.themes.eea453c7f5.touch-pre
    com.prethemer.themes.03ce7dbbb8.fallout-3
    com.prethemer.themes.04a86c0721.iphone-theme
    com.prethemer.themes.30f47d3229.flash-of-red-and-black
    com.prethemer.themes.8aa1b5d78c.happycons

AnOutsider just needs to replace all the newlines in the descriptions with <br>'s and then preware will load them all perfectly.
    Preware gets the feed for PreThemer.com from

http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages

If you can see your new theme in there, but it does not appear in Preware after you update the feeds, then it's Preware's fault. If it does not appear in that Packages file, then the problem is at PreThemer.com ...

We have these open feed standards so that problems like this can be diagnosed in this way ...

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Is there a place that we can download and apply the original palm theme? I have remnants from about three different themes spread across various parts of the phone.
    Is preware down or something? My preware isnt getting past the updating part.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Not that this is the place for this kind of discussion. But it most definitely is not preware that has the issue. All of these packages don't get loaded from their feed because of the newlines in the fullDescription of the source json object.

com.prethemer.themes.0a1e72a574.florida-gators
    com.prethemer.themes.f9ab4dd3bc.rave-it-up
    com.prethemer.themes.eea453c7f5.touch-pre
    com.prethemer.themes.03ce7dbbb8.fallout-3
    com.prethemer.themes.04a86c0721.iphone-theme
    com.prethemer.themes.30f47d3229.flash-of-red-and-black
    com.prethemer.themes.8aa1b5d78c.happycons

AnOutsider just needs to replace all the newlines in the descriptions with <br>'s and then preware will load them all perfectly.
    The poster contacted me directly and I got that sorted out, but you guys have my contact info, if there was a problem with the feed, why not contact me?

Preware gets the feed for PreThemer.com from

http://www.prethemer.com/feeds/preware/themes/Packages

If you can see your new theme in there, but it does not appear in Preware after you update the feeds, then it's Preware's fault. If it does not appear in that Packages file, then the problem is at PreThemer.com ...

We have these open feed standards so that problems like this can be diagnosed in this way ...

-- Rod
    The issue was in fact the newlines in the description. So they showed up in the feed, but weren't recognized by preware.

Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    Is there a place that we can download and apply the original palm theme? I have remnants from about three different themes spread across various parts of the phone.
    Uninstall themes before you install new themes. If uninstalling all the themes doesn't help, then use this: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all(2).ipk
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    Thanks for diagnosing the problem, oil, and thanks for fixing the problem, AnOutsider.

It's great when there are open formats and lots of different people can look at the details of the problem to see what's wrong and get it fixed quickly.

Great stuff!

-- Rod
    Feed selection is definitely on the roadmap.

But if we removed them from the "List of Everything", then it wouldn't be a list of *everything*, would it And then we'd get people asking were all the themes went because they forgot they turned off the themes feed ...
    True, some people are dumb and can't figure out that they turned something off, but for those of us who aren't idiots...

But yeah, with how fast themes can be released compared to a homebrew application, the "list of everything" is quickly getting flooded with themes - today there were 50 themes posted / updated and 10 applications. For those of us not interested in them, it makes the ONLY way of viewing all of the most recent programs in all categories practically useless.

(I know you can go in by category and then organize each category by most recent but looking through all categories that way is tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    But yeah, with how fast themes can be released compared to a homebrew application, the "list of everything" is quickly getting flooded with themes - today there were 50 themes posted / updated and 10 applications. For those of us not interested in them, it makes the ONLY way of viewing all of the most recent programs in all categories practically useless.
    Oil and I are working on the service and application to allow feeds to be enabled, disabled, added and deleted. Give us a couple of weeks ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    There is such a Palm default theme package available (not from us), but it can't be distributed through Preware since it contains Palm copyright image files which are not licensed for redistribution.

-- Rod
    Originally Posted by daaknes: Is there a place that we can download and apply the original palm theme? I have remnants from about three different themes spread across various parts of the phone.

go into preware and uninstall each of the installed themes
    Since I updated to WebOS Quick Install 2.5 I can't re-install virtual keyboard through preware. I get a error: error installing [4]. Can anyone offer any help with this?