Page 42 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
    Reset my phone and it is working.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    Reset my phone and it is working.

Thanks!
    Anytime
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Ok. I was having a problem with Preware hanging on update and never loading. I read about 6 pages back on this thread as I rebooted. That fixed the problem and now my Preware comes up no problem.

My question now is this: I have v0.8.0 and whatever the Package manager was for that version. I did not do any updates to either for fear of messing things up while Preware was having problems. Is it safe now to use Preware to update Preware? Do I have to update GNU package too? I could not find an answer to those questions.

I just don't want to mess things up before the update and have tweaks and patches loaded I can't get off.

Thanks for all y'alls wisdom on this matter.
  4.    #824  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    My question now is this: I have v0.8.0 and whatever the Package manager was for that version. ... Is it safe now to use Preware to update Preware?
    With 080, you will need to use WebOS Quick Install to update them. But once you have preware 090 and package manager 093 (the current releases) from then on you will be able to update both of them from within preware.

Do I have to update GNU package too?
    I don't believe there is an update for this? But the GNU patch package is only needed for the virtual keyboard patch. It is not required for preware to work itself.

I could not find an answer to those questions.
    Thanks for looking before asking questions. I wish more people would do this.
    I have a question that nobody yet seems to have asked about installing themes via Preware. If I already have certain bits of the phone visuals customized (like say the dial pad and the boot screen via WebOS QuickInstall), if I install a theme via Preware and then uninstall it, will it revert to what I had before, or to the default? And if it is the latter, should I assume that means I'll need to uninstall those tweaks before theming via Preware? And for that matter, as far as updates go, do themes installed via Preware need to be disabled like patches and tweaks before the 1.2 update, or can they stay like apps?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysonline View Post
    I have a question that nobody yet seems to have asked about installing themes via Preware. If I already have certain bits of the phone visuals customized (like say the dial pad and the boot screen via WebOS QuickInstall), if I install a theme via Preware and then uninstall it, will it revert to what I had before, or to the default? And if it is the latter, should I assume that means I'll need to uninstall those tweaks before theming via Preware? And for that matter, as far as updates go, do themes installed via Preware need to be disabled like patches and tweaks before the 1.2 update, or can they stay like apps?
    It should revert to what you had before, but it is beta software so there are no guarantees.

Yes, it is safest to uninstall themes before webOS updates, irrespective of how they are installed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod i just wanted to tell you how nicely preware and package manager updated right from the phone, nice work thank you. keep up the great work. james r
    This is meant to be a suggestion and not just an annoyance.

Preware is really close to having launcher functionality for me. It has categories for almost all the apps I have installed and I believe it does list all installed apps. What do you think?
    i currently have pre ware 8.5 on my phone. i am going to download 9.0 but was wondering if i need to uninstall my virtual keyboard patch before i do?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    No
    thanks
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Your welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It should revert to what you had before, but it is beta software so there are no guarantees.

Yes, it is safest to uninstall themes before webOS updates, irrespective of how they are installed.

-- Rod
    well i did install the original blue theme and i wanted to remove it to c something and it reverted back to the theme i had with the default wallpaper of the plants...but w.e it doesnt matter just pointing it out to u
    I am unable to remove the flashlight service and the LED service. I don't even know why I have the LED service istalled. I have tried removing both services through Preware with no luck. I even tried removing LED service through WebOSInstall and thought it was removed but no luck. What am I forgetting to do?

Thanks in advance.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I am unable to remove the flashlight service and the LED service. I don't even know why I have the LED service istalled. I have tried removing both services through Preware with no luck. I even tried removing LED service through WebOSInstall and thought it was removed but no luck. What am I forgetting to do?

Thanks in advance.
    Those services have yet to be updated to use the new flags. Preware will be unable to remove them until they're changed.

But you should have no trouble removing them with quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Those services have yet to be updated to use the new flags. Preware will be unable to install them until they're changed.

But you should have no trouble removing them with quick install.
    I was able to install flashlight service (and flashlight) through Preware. I don't have a clue where the LED service came from. But I failed to be able to remove LED with install. I may have to hit up the good doctor to fix this mess unless anyone else has an idea.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    ^^take 2 and call me in the morning....
    Prior to the New release of Webos do we need to delete Themes we installed via Preware?

I know it is reccomended to remove Keyboard patch does this apply to themes?

Also will we be able to re-install the keyboard Patch After the release of the next Web Os Update?
    anyone running Switcharoo that might come into play if you leave it active and change themes and then default back to your "default settings". might not reset correctly because.. you had Switcharoo running when you changed the wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Prior to the New release of Webos do we need to delete Themes we installed via Preware?

I know it is reccomended to remove Keyboard patch does this apply to themes?

Also will we be able to re-install the keyboard Patch After the release of the next Web Os Update?
    it wouldn't hurt to remove any themes. things such as bootscreens, well who knows, Palm can change behavior or something, you never know.

you will be able to re-install the keyboard patch whenever the webosinternals.org page for the keyboard patch says it works on 1.2 (or whatever the next update is called)
    Without having to read 11+ pages of posts that don't pertain. Can someone please tell me if there is any reason to have filecoaster, preload and preware all on the same phone?

I have to say I love Preware because it tells me about available patches. I'm still a novice to all of this....

Oh yea, someone said something about having to wait until they got home because of the "not enough room" error. If we get that error when loading apps, can we still load more apps via webos? I've been deleting little used apps to make room for other apps.

Thanks...
    Last edited by Master Brian; 09/18/2009 at 03:22 PM.