Page 40 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Yes, I can't figure out how to remove them either. I tried out the blue one and the Jordan one, and now those aren't in the available themes list anymore. Can someone please add the "Default theme" to this list in case we want to go back to normal? and how do we go back to a theme we've already done before when its no longer in the list?
    Otherwise, VERY cool feature!
    well in preware you have to go to installed apps, and then remove the themes there and it should go back to the default theme

but for me, i didnt realize that and ended up installing two at the same time, so i think thats why some of my icons stayed blue. i tried uninstalling all the themes and then reinstalling the blue theme to try to revert it back but no luck. my icons stay blue. is there any way to go back? or do i just have to go edit them manually in the terminal or something
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post
    well in preware you have to go to installed apps, and then remove the themes there and it should go back to the default theme

but for me, i didnt realize that and ended up installing two at the same time, so i think thats why some of my icons stayed blue. i tried uninstalling all the themes and then reinstalling the blue theme to try to revert it back but no luck. my icons stay blue. is there any way to go back? or do i just have to go edit them manually in the terminal or something
    Bummer I did the same, wish I'd have known this before I played with it. I sure hope the WebOS 1.2 update restores it back to normal. Don't want to be stuck with these blue icons now.

Edit: Nevermind, I removed all the themes I'd installed and everything is back to defaults now. Great work Preware!
    Last edited by volcom45; 09/17/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchyburger View Post

i kinda did the same thing, what i had to do is uninstall the last 1 first, then the 1st one after that i was back to stock it even through back my boot screen i install with WebOs Quick Install, after that all my icons where restore and I install the original blue, everything seems to mach now.
  4.    #784  
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I am trying to install Filemgr and Internalz. I am using the latest Package Manager and Preware. When installing Filemgr, I get the warning for the script and then I get the message "Service - "Service install probably not completed." It now shows up in installed packages. This time when I installed Internalz, it worked. Before, I got message FileMgr Service not running when I ran Internalz. Alls well that ends well. Any ideas?
    That message is because preware is now using postinst/prerem flags. Jason will need to update his filemgr service and feed to get it to work correctly.

Chances are the installation was ok. (but you will have trouble removing it before he fixes it.)
    okay, i was able to go back to the default theme. i installed the default theme ipk with quick install. thanks for the link AnOutsider. everything worked except for the Memos icon, which is still blue...

if i use webOS doctor, will it delete everything from my phone or only revert the pre back to all default settings. i have never used it before, sorry for the noob question
    Thanks Oil. I had tried to uninstall earlier and got an error.
  7.    #787  
    Thanks Oil. I had tried to uninstall earlier and got an error.
    You should be able to remove it with quickinstall.
    Hi Guys,
    I noticed there is now a "Library" section under "Available Packages".
    There are 2 downloads in there "Direct Frame Buffer" and "Simple DirectMedia Layer". Has anyone tried installing these? Are they supposed to improve graphics performance or are these library downloads meant for developers only?
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Is there anyway you can provide stats on downloads of themes to the designers? I just found out you guys are using my themes on your program... and would like to keep track of which themes are most popular

Nick
  10.    #790  
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I noticed there is now a "Library" section under "Available Packages".
    There are 2 downloads in there "Direct Frame Buffer" and "Simple DirectMedia Layer". Has anyone tried installing these? Are they supposed to improve graphics performance or are these library downloads meant for developers only?
    They do nothing to improve anything. They're a collection of code that will eventually be used by programmers. (Which is what a library is.) Eventually some programmer may make something that uses one of them, at which point you will need to download it. But right now, they're pointless for users to install.

Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post
    Is there anyway you can provide stats on downloads of themes to the designers? I just found out you guys are using my themes on your program... and would like to keep track of which themes are most popular
    All preware does is display the packages in feeds that are provided to us. We have nothing to do with what is in them. If you wish to have downloads tracked, you need to speak with the feed maintainer, not us. (Which in the case of themes, is PreThemer.)
    fceux, direct frame buffer and simple directmedia layer all "packages" i installed them all, please tell me how to use it, i dont see any fceux icons in my launcher, how do i run the emulator? im excited about this! finally some NES i used to have NESEM on my palm centro and 700p, and it ran like butter and perfect sound, im excited to have hope of having a NES emu on my PRE
    I'm having some problems during the install...

heres what i've done so far

1) downloaded the latest version of Java
    2) downloaded WebOS Quickinstall from the file attached from this thread http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    3) during loading of WebOS it told me i needed to download webOSDoctor, so i did
    4) opened web OSQuickInstall
    5) hit 3rd button on the right and it asked me if i wanted to use USB or Emulator, I chose USB.
    6) its not detecting my phone

edit:
    and yes my phone is plugged in

I am trying to install Filemgr and Internalz. I am using the latest Package Manager and Preware. When installing Filemgr, I get the warning for the script and then I get the message "Service - "Service install probably not completed." It now shows up in installed packages. This time when I installed Internalz, it worked. Before, I got message FileMgr Service not running when I ran Internalz. Alls well that ends well. Any ideas?
    Jason needs to update the Filemgr Service to pass off restarting the services to the Installer instead of doing it in the postinst script. This is the way we change the tyres on a moving car. I've discussed how to do it with him (it's two extra lines of code, and two extra metadata flags in the control file), but he's obviously a busy guy.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    fceux, direct frame buffer and simple directmedia layer all "packages" i installed them all, please tell me how to use it, i dont see any fceux icons in my launcher, how do i run the emulator?
    This thread is not for discussion of every package that preware can install. Please inquire about individual packages elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by theicon View Post
    I'm having some problems during the install...
    edit:
    and yes my phone is plugged in
    Don't put your phone in USB mode, hit "just charge".
    Quote Originally Posted by madolen View Post

Nick
    Preware just points to the feed from prethemer.com, so downloads will be counted there. Just like PreCentral downloads via Preware go back to PreCentral.net and are counted there.

Preware is not redistributing packages from PreThemer.com or PreCentral.net, we are simply displaying the metadata about the packages (with the express permission of the originating sites), and then downloading the packages from those sites directly for installation.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Don't put your phone in USB mode, hit "just charge".
    I had tried that before but i didn't have the phone in developer mode before, i just installed file coaster and now it works though. Thanks oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by emulatorX View Post
    fceux, direct frame buffer and simple directmedia layer all "packages" i installed them all, please tell me how to use it, i dont see any fceux icons in my launcher, how do i run the emulator? im excited about this! finally some NES i used to have NESEM on my palm centro and 700p, and it ran like butter and perfect sound, im excited to have hope of having a NES emu on my PRE
    That's strange - I don't see those packages in the Emulator. Which feed do they come from, and who is listed as the Maintainer?

-- Rod
  18.    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That's strange - I don't see those packages in the Emulator. Which feed do they come from, and who is listed as the Maintainer?

-- Rod
    It's PreYourMind.

They're probably set to arm7...
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's PreYourMind.

They're probably set to arm7...
    Hmm - I wonder why PreYourMind.org does not provide i686 packages for the Emulator like the Optware feed does?

Anyway, any problems with or questions about PreYourMind packages should be directed to the Maintainer of those packages (PreYourMind.org is a submission site just like PreCentral.net, so the author of the package could be anyone registered at www.preyourmind.org - each package should have a contact address in the Maintainer field that you can click on to access a contact web page or email address).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    hey there, the maintainer is Ryan Hope id= us.ryanhope.fceux
    type= Linux Application
    category= Emulator
    feed= PreYourMind

but ill goto preyourmind for further inquiries, sorry to have asked here..didnt know..thanks

and it is ARM7 but guess im gonna have to research alot more, since i dont know about arm7 lol
    Last edited by emulatorX; 09/17/2009 at 05:39 PM.