Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    The MyTether author installs things in the wrong place. You should use the installer written by the WebOS Quick Install author to install MyTether properly.

Should we delete the current version before installing the one through Presare?
    I would suggest removing MyTether through CLI before attempting to install it with preware. Though I really don't know anything about MyTether.

Quote Originally Posted by sreyes View Post
    k should uninstall mytether then try to reinstall preware... uninstalled it reinstalled preware anspackage mngr... i can see package mngr icon but no preware
    I would say try removing preware with webos quick install, then reinstall it, and see if the icon is there. A reboot doesn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    how come in preware....i just opened it...i tapped on list everything so the top apps should be the ones that were updated recently...the 1st one on my list is virtual keyboard which i already have installed...i tap it and it said that it was updated 8/30/2009 and ive had it for 2 days...and it just says remove but that i dont require update....does preware automatically update tweaks or wut? i dont get it
    It's because we've been toying with getting utilizing more metadata (screenshots, descriptions, etc.) If there is an update, it will appear in the 'Application Updates' section.

that looks very nice when is this version coming out? and it'll prompt for an OTA update right?
    It will be coming out soonish. (Today or tomorrow.) Here is another sexy teaser of 0.8.0:
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    I would suggest removing MyTether through CLI before attempting to install it with preware. Though I really don't know anything about MyTether.

I would say try removing preware with webos quick install, then reinstall it, and see if the icon is there. A reboot doesn't hurt either.

It's because we've been toying with getting utilizing more metadata (screenshots, descriptions, etc.) If there is an update, it will appear in the 'Application Updates' section.

It will be coming out soonish. (Today or tomorrow.) Here is another sexy teaser of 0.8.0:
    that looks awesome oil...cant w8 to try it out...keep up with the good work....can u guys tell me how to donate to preware?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    if someone could help me it'd be great but i luanch preware and it says i have 2 updates mytether and auto correct thing and i dont want them anymore so i click remove i did that yesterday and then i luanched it like 3 time earlier and it would say there is an update so each time it said that i would click remove and it says it gets removed but later when i re-open preware it says its still on my phone

and when im on preware i lose connection to sprint like my phone says offline
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey221 View Post
    if someone could help me it'd be great but i luanch preware and it says i have 2 updates mytether and auto correct thing and i dont want them anymore so i click remove i did that yesterday and then i luanched it like 3 time earlier and it would say there is an update so each time it said that i would click remove and it says it gets removed but later when i re-open preware it says its still on my phone
    Yes, that's a known problem - we're working on a solution.

In the meantime, please use WebOS Quick Install to remove them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I got Preware installed on my phone and when I open it I get the error message saying "org.webosinterals.ipkgservice is not running".
    any ideas of what this error message is?
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyp1128 View Post
    I got Preware installed on my phone and when I open it I get the error message saying "org.webosinterals.ipkgservice is not running".
    any ideas of what this error message is?
    u have to install the package manager service

EDIT: go to webOS quick install and uninstall Preware...then go to the same place where u went to install Preware but this time....u gotta install the Package Manager Service and Preware at the same time
    Hi, great app.

I'm having a little trouble with the virtual keyboard and Preware.

I had originally installed the virtual keyboard via quit/quilt-lite. When I saw that Preware was going to support installation of the virtual keyboard, I ran the quilt patch process and "uninstalled" the virtual keyboard via the quilt pop command.

All was good at this point. Pre worked great, and the virtual keyboard appeard to be uninstalled.

I installed the virtual keyboard via Preware, and on my next visit got a notice of an available patch for virtual keyboard, but when I try to apply it, my Pre reboots.

I tried uninstalling virtual keyboard via Preware, but it appears to be still running.

For now, I'm going to just ignore the patch notice on virtual keyboard until Preware matures a little bit and then look again to see if there is a gremlin in my machine.

Anyway, I love the way the apps are organized, and I'm sure this will be great thing, not that it isn't already.

db
    Mods could we get this thread stickied plz?
    is it just me or when i try to open Preware it just keeps spinning saying its updating...
    is it just me or when i try to open Preware it just keeps spinning saying its updating...
    Using EVDO or Wi-Fi?
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Using EVDO or Wi-Fi?
    wifi

EDIT: wow thats weird i just turned off wifi and it worked with evdo....how come?
    Try reopening it, it sometimes does that to me. It ends up working fine
    Try reopening it, it sometimes does that to me. It ends up working fine
    with wifi i reopened it like 3 times and when i finally used EVDO it worked
    with wifi i reopened it like 3 times and when i finally used EVDO it worked
    Issue has been posted in the webos internals chat.
    Last edited by splmonster; 08/30/2009 at 08:07 PM.
    I will relay the issue to rwhitby
    alright nm i just checked and it works on both..get it was server issue?
    alright nm i just checked and it works on both..get it was server issue?
    Honestly could of been the phone hanging up on the screen. I get it some times but not all the time.
    Honestly could of been the phone hanging up on the screen. I get it some times but not all the time.
    oh ok thats cool..thanks for ur help!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Just downloaded Preware... works awesome thanks guys
    Great app, would be nice to see a progress bar when updating/Downloading an app.
    Keep up the great work
    A Progress bar would be a nice addition.