Page 37 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    I have been exp. the same problem I installed the latest version of WebosQuick Install , then deleted and installed 8.7 version of Preware..

Same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Wow....
    I actually did a search to see if there was already a Preware thread but didn't find one that was dedicated for Preware issues. I just was wondering if anyone else has had this happen, TODAY IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED. It has happened off and on since I loaded it a few weeks ago. Thats why I stared this thread. Because it HAS BEEN A FREAKIN ON GOING ISSUE.
    hmmmm, maybe try the STICKIED preware thread. It would be common sense that that is were people post issuelikethis and discuss the software
    Quote Originally Posted by dbtrade View Post
    try the command to make the file system read write first

mount -o remount,rw /

put that before the other commands. In the Wiki the files were made read write earlier in the page. But if you start at the upgrade point, I don't beleive you would have seen that
    hahahhaa wooow rightt thankss thats why i shudnt be doing this at 6AM lOOl
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Call me paranoid (I'm a sys admin by trade), but has it been determined what happened to the site?

Thanks,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the Package Manager service (which you hopefully installed as well) takes a little time to start up after boot or installation. Make sure you wait until your cellular connection is back up before launching Preware.

-- Rod
    The problem is I installed preware and it worked great for a while but now it just keeps loading and never stops...
    Dark them is awesome!
    not seeing dark theme where do i find this?
    just kidding found it. stupid me was thinking this theme was for the phone not preware lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmerrit View Post
    Ahhh preware down... how will I know if I need to update polarbear bowling!!!!!!
    Well done.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Call me paranoid (I'm a sys admin by trade), but has it been determined what happened to the site?

Thanks,

-JerryG
    The outage was caused by an awstats process going out of control resource-wise, so we've removed awstats from the main server and are going to do it on a different machine.

Apologies to all for the outage. Looks like it's time for us to put in some mirrors for the contents on ipkg.preware.org ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/16/2009 at 05:32 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Apologies to all for the preware.org outage. The outage was caused by an awstats process going out of control resource-wise, so we've removed awstats from the main server and are going to do it on a different machine so it doesn't happen again.

We're also going to look into setting up geographically separated mirrors for the content on ipkg.preware.org ...

Please use the thread at http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1898697 to report any other spinning issues - most (if not all) should be fixed in Preware 0.8.7 already.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Hmm, should it be fixed now then? On 0.8.6/ 0.9.1, I'm getting an endless "Checking Version" screen, and assumed it was because of this outage.

Edit: Rebooted my Pre and now it's loading properly.
    Apologies to all for the preware.org outage. The outage was caused by an awstats process going out of control resource-wise, so we've removed awstats from the main server and are going to do it on a different machine so it doesn't happen again.

We're also going to look into setting up geographically separated mirrors for the content on ipkg.preware.org ...

Please use the thread at http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1898697 to report any other spinning issues - most (if not all) should be fixed in Preware 0.8.7 already.

-- Rod
    Is it operational now? do we need to reinstall preware ? I am still not able to connect. I am running Version 0.8.7
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, should it be fixed now then? On 0.8.6/ 0.9.1, I'm getting an endless "Checking Version" screen, and assumed it was because of this outage.

Edit: Rebooted my Pre and now it's loading properly.
    0.8.7 is out now.

Make sure you wait until your cell service is registered before starting Preware after the install or reboot (that's a good indicator of waiting long enough for all the Pre services to start).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Is it operational now? do we need to reinstall preware ? I am still not able to connect. I am running Version 0.8.7
    It's operational now (has been for some hours), you do not need to reinstall preware, and please see the last line of my post that you quoted for instructions on how to get support. This thread is not the right place

-- Rod
    0.8.7 is out now.

Make sure you wait until your cell service is registered before starting Preware after the install or reboot (that's a good indicator of waiting long enough for all the Pre services to start).

-- Rod
    How do we tell that the cell service is registered? (Is there an indication in the Preware GUI?) Is it possible to have Preware check this and throw and either wait and then throw an exception or error message if it does not come back after say 3 tries or some timeout?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    How do we tell that the cell service is registered? (Is there an indication in the Preware GUI?) Is it possible to have Preware check this and throw and either wait and then throw an exception or error message if it does not come back after say 3 tries or some timeout?
    Wait until your carrier's name appears at the top right corner of the screen.

We're looking into how to get Preware to be able to tell you to be patient while the service starts

-- Rod
    if you update preware you have to download service manager again through webos quickinstaller before you can use preware
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Wait until your carrier's name appears at the top right corner of the screen.

We're looking into how to get Preware to be able to tell you to be patient while the service starts

-- Rod
    anyways the carrier is on the top left corner and the bars are on the top right corner....ru guys implementing a way (while Preware loads) that the screen stays lit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you update preware you have to download service manager again through webos quickinstaller before you can use preware
    That is not correct. The Package Manager Service and the Preware application can be updated independently. You must have both installed, but you don't need to reinstall one just because you updated the other.

**PLEASE** close this thread and use the official Preware sticky thread.

-- Rod