Page 35 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
    stuck at checking version. hmm.

updated service and preware
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    same here, gets stuck at checking version
    rebooted now stuck at updating, lol..
    figured id try removing app and service and re d/l from quick install but now quick install isn't pulling any feeds, lol. im failing today
    It works fine when I first installed the new version. Now it's stuck saying updating. Must be an issue with the feeds.
    First time stuck on updating, now it is stuck on checking version. I have tried to load it at least 5 times
    Mine is stuck at checking version and/or updating
    Webos quick install is having a problem with feeds as well.. Will not work for me
    I believe its an issue with feeds also as web os quick install is not pulling them either.
  10.    #690  
    It looks like ipkg.preware.org is down. It's not just you!

I don't have the ability to check into why or the ability to fix it, so you're going to have to wait for someone who can.

Getting stuck at updating is because of this. (though, really, it should fail eventually)

Getting stuck at checking version after restarting preware is because the service is still stuck trying to update in the background and doesn't respond to the version check.

I'm sure someone will be along who can fix it eventually, check back later.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytunes View Post
    Webos quick install is having a problem with feeds as well.. Will not work for me
    The webos-internals site seems to be down..
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It looks like ipkg.preware.org is down. It's not just you!

I don't have the ability to check into why or the ability to fix it, so you're going to have to wait for someone who can.

Getting stuck at updating is because of this. (though, really, it should fail eventually)

Getting stuck at checking version after restarting preware is because the service is still stuck trying to update in the background and doesn't respond to the version check.

I'm sure someone will be along who can fix it eventually, check back later.
    Oh good. I thought I broke it.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Oh good. I thought I broke it.
    LOL!
  14. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    same here feeds from quick install, preloads feeds are down and preware!
    I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem.

Pre ware was doing it spinning circle and says updating but doesn't go any further. This was happening last week so I deleted Preware and reinstalled it. It then was working again for a couple of days but it is now doing it again.

Also from time to time it tells be that Package Manager Service is not running and I will reboot. It will then work once or twice and then spins again.
    I can confirm that both of these scenarios happen to me nearly 50% of the time I launch Preware.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    The newer version do not do this so much. But right now the WebOs-internals and preware sires are down so nothing is going work. Not sure what is going on right now we have not heard from them about the issue.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Yep.

All the feeds are down for webOS Quick Install.

Who has the keys to the Bat Light?

- Craig
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ditto again- hung up here. This board is great, glad for realtime updates. I tried to install about 5-6 apps, they didn't seem to install= bummer.
    Last edited by 13brian; 09/16/2009 at 12:41 PM.
    My newer version has been pretty good. Only has happened once for me