Page 34 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
  1.    #661  
    Yeah, that link seems to be broken.

The feeds are at: Index of /feeds
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    Yeah, that link seems to be broken.

The feeds are at: Index of /feeds
    yeah i found that, but the main link on the site is 404
    I had some apps installed via FileCoaster that did not register as being installed according to PreWare. I have since gone through and installed these apps through PreWare. For others, will this issue be resolved? I did find this strange that it recognized some apps but not all.

I'm really looking fwd to being able to update the Package Manager Service through Preware since it's updated multiple times a day it seems.

I really don't use FC anymore since PW uses mutliple repositories and bypasses the issue of only installing a set # of apps.

Thanks so much for this.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    I had the same problem and found that the the website is correct but the path had changed from

Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/preware/all
    to

Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all
    I had to rename the ipkg conf file in /var/etc/ipkg/preware.conf to /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf and edited all the paths in the file to change all the "preware" subdirectory references to the "webos-internals" subdirectory.

I hope this helps... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    Thanks for reporting that - I've now fixed the link.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I had some apps installed via FileCoaster that did not register as being installed according to PreWare. I have since gone through and installed these apps through PreWare. For others, will this issue be resolved? I did find this strange that it recognized some apps but not all.

I'm really looking fwd to being able to update the Package Manager Service through Preware since it's updated multiple times a day it seems.
    Preware accesses the Palm ipkg database directly, and can see the apps you have installed from the official Palm App Catalog and also any apps you have installed using the palm-install script from the SDK. So I don't know what fileCoaster is doing differently ...

As of Package Manager Service 0.9.1 (released) and Preware 0.8.6 (in alpha testing), Preware can update all applications, services, plugins and patches.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    I had the same problem and found that the the website is correct but the path had changed from

Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/preware/all
    to

Code:
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all
    I had to rename the ipkg conf file in /var/etc/ipkg/preware.conf to /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf and edited all the paths in the file to change all the "preware" subdirectory references to the "webos-internals" subdirectory.

I hope this helps... plee3
    Any recent installation of the Package Manager Service since 0.7.7 or so should have fixed that. How have you been installing the Package Manager Service? Have you neglected running the postinst script if doing it manually?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I am facing an issue with Preware:

When I start the preware, my phone goes into "phone offline" mode.
    I have found a workaround for the moment, I turn on the airplane mode and then turn it off.
    I get the signal back.

I then restart preware and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I am facing an issue with Preware:

When I start the preware, my phone goes into "phone offline" mode.
    I have found a workaround for the moment, I turn on the airplane mode and then turn it off.
    I get the signal back.

I then restart preware and it works fine.
    Yes, this is a known out of memory problem with the current version of Preware (well, it's actually a problem in the JSON library causing the Java heap to be exceeded which then kills the Palm services library, but we know which part of Preware is triggering that problem). A new version is in alpha testing which should fix the problem. We expect to release that in the next 24 hours.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, this is a known out of memory problem with the current version of Preware (well, it's actually a problem in the JSON library causing the Java heap to be exceeded which then kills the Palm services library, but we know which part of Preware is triggering that problem). A new version is in alpha testing which should fix the problem. We expect to release that in the next 24 hours.

-- Rod
    great... and thanks for such a prompt reply.
    somebody help me....... how do you install preware to your palm pre i have tried those steps over and over again and it still hasnt worked for me yet and also the virtual keyboard. Help me tom cruise......
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Any recent installation of the Package Manager Service since 0.7.7 or so should have fixed that. How have you been installing the Package Manager Service? Have you neglected running the postinst script if doing it manually?

-- Rod
    I manually installed Terminal when it first appeared some time ago. This included the creation of the preware.conf file.

The last few times (0.8.5, 0.8.6, and 0.9.1) I used webOSQuickInstall to install the package manager service. Was I suppose to run the postinst script manually?

Only today I went to use Terminal to perform the "ipkg -o /var update" and got all the "not found" messages for the packages. I looked at the ipkg.preware.org site and found that there was a mismatch in the paths. I then hand-edited the preware.conf file as I described earlier so I could run the update command.

Are you saying that the installation of the Package Manager Service should have fixed the preware.conf file (or at least added the webos-internals.conf file)?

Thanks... plee3
    Quote Originally Posted by plee3 View Post
    I manually installed Terminal when it first appeared some time ago. This included the creation of the preware.conf file.

The last few times (0.8.5, 0.8.6, and 0.9.1) I used webOSQuickInstall to install the package manager service. Was I suppose to run the postinst script manually?

Only today I went to use Terminal to perform the "ipkg -o /var update" and got all the "not found" messages for the packages. I looked at the ipkg.preware.org site and found that there was a mismatch in the paths. I then hand-edited the preware.conf file as I described earlier so I could run the update command.

Are you saying that the installation of the Package Manager Service should have fixed the preware.conf file (or at least added the webos-internals.conf file)?
    Yes, the correct installation of the Package Manager Service installs and configures (in the postinst script) the /var/etc/ipkg/webos-internals.conf file.

WebOS Quick Install 2.01 or later is supposed to do that correctly, and I have seen it do so myself.

As with any software either could have bugs ...

-- Rod
    I'm a little hesitant to flat out declare the Java restart fixed because it's always been an intermittent problem, but I haven't had any issues in probably 7 hours or so now (and I've checked Preware probably 10-15 times in that time) with the 0.8.6 and the 0.9.1 service, so I'd lean towards it no longer being an issue anymore. I'll still keep an eye out though of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm a little hesitant to flat out declare the Java restart fixed because it's always been an intermittent problem, but I haven't had any issues in probably 7 hours or so now (and I've checked Preware probably 10-15 times in that time) with the 0.8.6 and the 0.9.1 service, so I'd lean towards it no longer being an issue anymore. I'll still keep an eye out though of course.
    That's good to hear. I'm just waiting for the thumbs up from oil to release the new version of Preware (or in fact, he can do that himself when he considers it ready to go). It'll either be 0.8.7 or 0.9.1 (to match the service version).

-- Rod
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'm using 0.8.5, and after launching the program, I got a "package manager not installed" after successfully launching the program earlier.

After closing Preware, the app hung for a bit, then the phone went offline and was rather unresponsive for a good 2-3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I'm using 0.8.5, and after launching the program, I got a "package manager not installed" after successfully launching the program earlier.

After closing Preware, the app hung for a bit, then the phone went offline and was rather unresponsive for a good 2-3 minutes.
    Yes, that is the out of memory problem that should be fixed by 0.8.6 (which is in alpha testing now at Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all).

-- Rod
    Heyy

imm instaling this using the linux commnads from the wiki

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var update
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.preware
    sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.postinst
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

mount -o remount,ro /
    exit

on that command i get these errors

root@castle:/# sh /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.postinst

ln: /usr/lib/luna/java/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.jar: Read-only file system

ln: /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.service: Re
    ad-only file system
    cp: cannot create '/etc/event.d/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice': Read-only file
    system
    (00259/741046142) java-serviceboot (stop) running, process 1165
    (00259/742633056) java-serviceboot (stop) pre-stop, (main) process 1165
    (00259/743731689) java-serviceboot (stop) stopping, process 1165
    (00259/745074462) java-serviceboot (stop) killed, process 1165
    (00259/912585449) java-serviceboot (stop) post-stop
    (00259/912890625) java-serviceboot (stop) waiting
    (00260/62854003) java-serviceboot (start) waiting
    (00260/64227294) java-serviceboot (start) starting
    (00260/64654541) java-serviceboot (start) pre-start
    (00260/66271972) java-serviceboot (start) spawned, process 1781
    (00260/66882324) java-serviceboot (start) post-start, (main) process 1781
    (00260/67431640) java-serviceboot (start) running, process 1781
    root@castle:/# cat /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.postins

so its installed just cant get it to run the post install procedure

thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by persian4now View Post
    Heyy

imm instaling this using the linux commnads from the wiki

/usr/bin/ipkg -o /var update
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.ipkgservice
    /usr/bin/ipkg -o /var install org.webosinternals.preware
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

mount -o remount,ro /
    exit

....stuff deleted....
    thanks alot
    try the command to make the file system read write first

mount -o remount,rw /

put that before the other commands. In the Wiki the files were made read write earlier in the page. But if you start at the upgrade point, I don't beleive you would have seen that
  20.    #680  
    Ok, Preware v0.8.7 has been released.

Includes flag support (allowing updates to and removal of services and plugins.)
    Chunk loading (to try and alleviate the OOM problems.)
    Style and visual updates (including a dark theme.)