Page 33 of 305 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ok kewl thank you again and I will click the thank button after I finish this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    ok kewl thank you again and I will click the thank button after I finish this post.
    glad i helped u!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Ok one last question I hope lol, where is the virtual keyboard in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by lxchicoxl View Post
    Ok one last question I hope lol, where is the virtual keyboard in preware?
    when u open preware....at the top left tap on "Preware" and tap on preferences...where it says "Show all Package Types" hit "no" and then hit the back gesture....and now u c it in "available patches"
    No problems with service restarting since the upgrade. I'm still not getting any updates with PreWare though ("Package Updates" still grayed out, only "Remove" buttons on versions of apps with higher version number than I currently have installed.

Current example: Othello version on my Pre is 1.0.16, version in PreWare is 1.0.18, and I can't update through PreWare (I have to update from Filecoaster or Terminal).
    Updated to newest Package Manager, and now Preware just loads saying checking version. Dunno what could be causing this, but it worked fine before I updated the Package Manager.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    Updated to newest Package Manager, and now Preware just loads saying checking version. Dunno what could be causing this, but it worked fine before I updated the Package Manager.
    Exactly what steps did you take to update? Did you wait long enough after the restart?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Unfortunately same thing happened again with the 0.8.7 just now:

2009-09-13T23:29:40.021680Z [48427] castle user.crit java: Java heap full, exiting VM.
    2009-09-13T23:29:40.088361Z [48427] castle user.notice rdxd: Creating report for Java OOM : java : java OOM
    2009-09-13T23:29:40.177717Z [48427] castle user.err contextupload: [taskSchedulerUp: 311]: Task schedler not up!!
    Haven't upgraded to 0.8.8 yet but it doesn't appear that that fixes memory issues anyway, but I'll update anyway.

I'm also going to delete the only other service I have installed to see if that helps any.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Unfortunately same thing happened again with the 0.8.7 just now:

Haven't upgraded to 0.8.8 yet but it doesn't appear that that fixes memory issues anyway, but I'll update anyway.

I'm also going to delete the only other service I have installed to see if that helps any.
    Code:
    Thread #7: tid=1690 Name=org.webosinternals.ipkgservice Class=java.lang.Thread RunnableClass=org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.IPKGService Object=0x40700578
    	RUNNING, has heap mutex
    	java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.enlargeBuffer(AbstractStringBuilder.java:110)
    	java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append0(AbstractStringBuilder.java:184)
    	java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:122)
    	org.json.JSONObject.toString(JSONObject.java:1054)
    	org.webosinternals.ipkgservice.IPKGService.rawlist
    Looks like the problems is in org.json.JSONObject.toString - we'll need to find out what the maximum reasonable string length is for org.json.JSONObject.toString and the Pre default heap size and break the rawlist into chunks of that size.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I can't access logs right now but I get the phone service rebooting situation often when I load preware and it says the package manager isn't running. It usually works after that. I have the latest service installed via quick install. Had the same problem when I was using the last version.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    I can't access logs right now but I get the phone service rebooting situation often when I load preware and it says the package manager isn't running. It usually works after that. I have the latest service installed via quick install. Had the same problem when I was using the last version.
    Thanks. A chunked version of the Package Manager Service is in alpha testing now. It will need a new Preware version to use the chunked method instead of the whole-file method, but oil is working on that right now too :-)

-- Rod
    I cannot seem to open preware. It just says updating and never opens. Why is this happening? I want to remove it so I can have access to updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I installed Preware via the WebOSQuickInstall method yesterday evening. Preware seems quite polished. I haven't read through this thread yet but I have some observations so share (which hopefully aren't duplicates, if so, I will later edit out any duplicated comments):

1) WebOSQuickInstall issue: One reason (which happened in my case) that WebOSQuickInstall might not start properly is that novacmd is not working. (We all know this part.) What might not be known is this possible reason for novacmd to fail: In my case, I had installed novacmd before the publick SDK, and then installed the public SDK when it became available. My laptop didn't have rich enough resources for the emulator to run well, so I decided to uninstall the Windows SDK in favor of using Linux on another machine. Following the instructions: the service for novacmd was still on my windows machine but wouldn't start due to the novacmd.exe path being removed. The easiest thing for me to do was just to reinstall the SDK so that WebOSQuickInstall would work. Then I was able to continue with installing Preware as per the instructions.

2) I was hoping that Preware would find everything I had installed via ipkg-opt. It seemed to me like some stuff may not be listed (like gDialPro which I had installed via ipkg-opt). I'm probably best uninstalling (via ipkg-opt) any apps that are available but not regognized as being installed and reinstalling via Preware. Right?

3) Preware is really slick, very professional, and polished. Great job everyone!--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    2) I was hoping that Preware would find everything I had installed via ipkg-opt. It seemed to me like some stuff may not be listed (like gDialPro which I had installed via ipkg-opt). I'm probably best uninstalling (via ipkg-opt) any apps that are available but not regognized as being installed and reinstalling via Preware. Right?
    We're working on porting the most popular optware applications so that they can be installed in Preware without needing to use the Linux command line.

Yes, you should uninstall using ipkg-opt and then reinstall using Preware.

Preware 0.9 should be out within a couple of days, and it will once again support upgrading of services, plugins and patches without needing to go back to WebOS Quick Install. We worked out how to change the tyres on a moving car ;-)

-- Rod
    Preware 0.8.6 and Package Manager Service 0.9.0 are in alpha testing now. If you wish to be part of the alpha testing, you can do one of two things:

1) Build them from source code in the git repository.

2) Visit the #webos-internals IRC channel on Freenode and ask.

Once the alpha testing is successful, we'll release them to the public feeds.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello everyone. This is my first post on PreCentral and I'd just like to thank you guys for making preware. I'm having a good time with it so far.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I got Preware through the Web OS quick install and it worked fine but no whenever I load it, it just keeps loading and never loads fully. What should I do?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    I got Preware through the Web OS quick install and it worked fine but no whenever I load it, it just keeps loading and never loads fully. What should I do?
    Same here...spinning circle for eternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Same here...spinning circle for eternity.
    Note that the Package Manager service (which you hopefully installed as well) takes a little time to start up after boot or installation. Make sure you wait until your cellular connection is back up before launching Preware.

-- Rod
    i'm getting a 404 from here http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/preware/all I have to download the newest ver from here and install that way b/c the computer i can use wosqi on does not have internet connection. I saw there was an update to the service so i went to download it from here to take it to work with me tonight to install it and it gives me a 404 page when i click the link from here http://ipkg.preware.org/